Half Time Draw 18/19

Fawlty Towers

10 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Hi Jaggy

Hospitality has its own draw so the figures I quote are purely for the tickets sold to people coming through the turnstiles but all the money goes to youth development.

Quick question - how was hospitality as I have not been in a position to go now for a few seasons?

It was fine, but as I got treated to ‘all-inclusive’ package it’s difficult for me to judge the value. Certainly the waiting staff were excellent and brought drinks quickly and often, so the price difference for ‘all-inclusive’ was worthwhile. Also most drinks were included. The food was tasty enough, Xmas dinner yesterday. It’s certainly a good way to go to a match.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

We will be back selling tickets at the game on Saturday and are looking for your continued excellent backing to give us a big prize to end the year.

Sellers will be in their usual positions around the stadium and just to confirm - no chocolate money will be accepted (my waistline is big enough).

Thanks for your support!

Edited by Fawlty Towers

Today's prize was an excellent £504 - a big thanks to all our customers as your backing has been excellent despite 2018 being a poor year football wise.

Between now and the next home game I will take up the issues you have raised here (mystery prizes, getting prize on day, etc) with the club.

Best wishes for 2019.

1st Prize (£504) - 78245

2nd Prize (Signed Ball) - 78059

• 2 weeks later...

A belated Happy New Year.

Firstly I have been in contact with the club regarding the 2nd prizes and collection of prizes. There is some movement on this but not on Saturday - I will provide more details prior to the Stranraer game when the changes should start from.

On Saturday we will be selling tickets around the stadium and are keen to get the year off to a positive start with a big first prize so please continue your excellent support.

• Thanks 1

Just to remind you that sellers will be in position around the stadium tomorrow (top of South Drive, JH Stand concourse south end, outside JH Stand north end & John Lambie Stand). It would be good to start the new year with a big prize for someone plus helping youth development.

Thanks for your support!

• Like 1

Just to remind you that tickets are on sale around the stadium today. Also, today's match programme is £2 so if you want to use that spare £1 to buy a ticket we would be happy to oblige.

For those going to the John Lambie Stand today our seller there, Marc, comes from work so might not be there as soon as the turnstiles open so if you don't get a ticket straight away go back down a bit later.

Thanks for your support!

As you know I have been speaking to the club about collection of prizes and a new process will be in place from Saturday:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/50-50-draw-prize-collection/

The idea is to see how this pans out for several weeks and then look at the varying the second prizes.

We will be selling tickets around the stadium on Saturday so lets start this new process with a big first prize.

Thanks for your support!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lindau said:

An slight improvement but still ludicrous that you cannot pick up your winnings after the game! As for the signed ball for 2nd prize, that needs changing as well!!

Was just posting as your post appeared. The 2nd prize issue is a work in progress.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

As you know I have been speaking to the club about collection of prizes and a new process will be in place from Saturday:

The idea is to see how this pans out for several weeks and then look at the varying the second prizes.

We will be selling tickets around the stadium on Saturday so lets start this new process with a big first prize.

Thanks for your support!

Sensible idea. Thanks for pushing for this FT.

"So, if you are lucky enough to be one of the winners and want to collect your prize before you leave the stadium on matchday then all you need to do is drop in to the Colin Weir Stand Main Reception before you leave the ground. If you are a second prize winner you can leave with your prize there and then. If you are a first prize winner then a member of staff will take your contact details and arrange for payment to be made later in the week."

As a former winner I posted about this some months ago.  Does anyone actually read this stuff before they put it out?   The first and third sentences are contradictory.  The first implies you'll get your money on the day.  The second throws doubt on that suggesting it's only the ball that you can get.  The third suggests they'll take your details and (as happened to me) they'll take your bank details.  Which is it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

"So, if you are lucky enough to be one of the winners and want to collect your prize before you leave the stadium on matchday then all you need to do is drop in to the Colin Weir Stand Main Reception before you leave the ground. If you are a second prize winner you can leave with your prize there and then. If you are a first prize winner then a member of staff will take your contact details and arrange for payment to be made later in the week."

As a former winner I posted about this some months ago.  Does anyone actually read this stuff before they put it out?   The first and third sentences are contradictory.  The first implies you'll get your money on the day.  The second throws doubt on that suggesting it's only the ball that you can get.  The third suggests they'll take your details and (as happened to me) they'll take your bank details.  Which is it?

Firstly congratulations on having won (I am sure it must have been me who sold you the winning ticket). If you have either of the winning tickets go the Colin Weir reception after the gamne. If you have the first prize ticket they will take your details to arrange an online payment with you. If it is the second prize ticket then you can get your ball there and then.

Also as people have become used to not getting the prizes on the day they might not check their tickets straight away so now that you can either collect or make arrangements on the day remember to listen for the numbers. If you are in the Jackie Husband Stand I put the numbers on a board at the south end (between last 2 concourses) once they are announced.

Thanks for your support!

Thanks FT but my main point is that's not what the Official Site says.   

"So, if you are lucky enough to be one of the winners and want to collect your prize before you leave the stadium on matchday then all you need to do is drop in to the Colin Weir Stand Main Reception before you leave the ground."

The reality appears to be you can only claim the ball on the day.  It needs to be reworded.

Good Morning, it looks like it will be a wet one today (rain on a matchday what a shock) so I will be inside the JH Stand at the usual end so keep an eye out for me. The QoS fans are in that end as well so don't let one of them get the winning ticket instead of you. Also, for those in the JL Stand remember if the turnstiles open sharp at 2pm then Marc might not be in position but he will be there a bit later so pop down and get your ticket. Finally, the new process is in place from today re collecting/arranging payment of prizes so if you have one (or both) of the winning tickets remember to go the Colin Weir reception area after the game.

Thanks, as always, for your support!

Joke announcement today re the collecting of the first prize, though rectified before the 2nd half commenced!! Surely cant be that difficult for the club to come up with between £400-£500 in notes to pay on the day to the successful person.  

Edited by Lindau

• 4 weeks later...

The first prize today was an excellent £461 - thanks to everyone who purchased a ticket. There was a road accident which caused a delay with Marc getting to the stadium but hopefully everyone in the JL Stand who wanted a ticket got one.

The winning numbers were:

1st - 82080

2nd - 82097

Thanks for your support!