More good news. Kris Doolan joins Weir coaching staff.

Big Dan

Kris always speaks well in his interviews and shows a high level of intelligence in addition to his obvious skills when it comes to scoring goals. Hopefully, he can pass all of his attributes on to the younger players and we can reap the benefits in the future.

Future manager?

Edited by Odd Fellows
addition

Glad to hear this. Ironic to a point as Kris is in a way returning to his first job he had in Ayrshire. Big difference of course being the experience he now has accumulated. Dools is I think one of the most articulate footballers I've ever heard. Up there with Danny Blanchflower (for us old yins). 

I know folk think he could well become a future manager and I don't see why not. Do tho' think that failed managers are too often lost to the game so a grounding in youth development will be an excellent failsafe should he decide to go into club management at a later date. Wish Dools all the best. Top guy, top role model. 

• Like 3

Fantastic news. We have been really struggling in the striking area for years now. Who better to try and rectify the problem than one one of the most gifted goalscorers in Scotland. Mainly a penalty box striker but his goal against Celtic in the cup last year was just another example that he has the lot...vision, calmness etc.

As already alluded to on here he also has the ability to communicate and the enthusiasm and motivation that will be good for young players.

I was going to go on about loyalty and further attributes but feel am starting to get too gushing!!

All the best Kris.

Another great piece of positive news for the club off-field.

If Kris can instill his kind of dedication and work ethic into our youngsters then we should be able to look forward to some good professionals coming forward in the years to come.

Delighted for K D and for the youth setup.

Really great news.  One of my favorite things in all sport is when talented players stay with clubs their whole career.

Looking forward to my 60’s, when I’ll be reading about Kris Doolan managing Kris Doolan Jr., who stays with Thistle despite a 700 million bid* from Newcastle.

* Expected “average EPL transfer fee” in 2040.

I'm quite sure this is a further example of the Weirs' decision to deepen their influence in the running of the Club.

The club would benefit I believe from a harder nosed attitude that consigns our "cuddly" image to history, places greater demands on all staff, and sets some medium term targets that don't simply involve returning to, and staying in the SPL. Other clubs with similar resources have outperformed us, and we need to understand why and what is needed to catch up.

If I am right, and the Weirs are now comitted to having more influence, then perhaps they could be persuaded to set up a trust fund for the benefit of the Club.  Such a fund could be managed to retain its capital value and to use its income to hire players. 

Edited by eljaggo

All the best Kris, you're a great guy and we are all delighted that the kids will benefit from your experience and hopefully you're professionalism and loyalty can be instilled in the future talent that will grace our hallowed (and now renewed) turf.

All the very best to you!