Its a small world

Auld Jag

54 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Aye, there's more of us than people think.

Did she ask the usual question - My husband and son are Thistle fans: you must know them?

No,i was asked  about drinking and smoking ,I said my only bad habit was going to Firhill.She spoke very well of Thistle said her son wanted a tour of Firhill for his birthday but was told Thistle didn't normally do that,but when they found out it was for her sons birthday they arranged a tour with Robert Reid giving the history. Which her son was really happy with.

• Like 2

In 2015 we were on holiday in Marmaris, standing outside a jewellers in the bazaar when the owner engaged us in conversation. Hearing our accent he asked the inevitable, "Rangers or Celtic?". Before we answered he added, "I am a Thistle fan". Apparently he has a friend from Edinburgh who visits him who is a big Jags fan and he has followed us since they met.

Always suspicious, I asked if he had heard the score that day. He then told me what I already knew, and could name the scorers.  (3-0 to us against Dundee Utd).

The summer following the Peterhead play off win I was heading back from the South of France and had an overnight stop in Burgundy. My motor had a Jags sticker on the back window. Lo' and behold another car pulls in and parks beside me. it too had a Jags sticker on its back window. Jags fan in question was heading south.

eta and of course, Dick Campbell famously once did my gutters and soffits. :)

On one of our trips to Disneyland Florida Robert and I had our Thistle tops on.A guy asked if he could take a photo of us,when I asked why he said him and his father were big Thistle fans and he wanted to prove to his father he had seen other Thistle fans in Florida.