Doolans boots in memory of Robert Watson 15/7/85-24/3/17

Auld Jag

I would like to know what fans on the forum thought of this idea.My wife and I were up at Roberts grave on Friday as we do every Friday.My wife asked if we would be able to keep Doolans boots at the end of the season and put them at Roberts grave.If this was ok with everybody it would not affect the tops as I have already said I will hold competitions for the 2 tops that are remaining after we give 1 to the winner of the world cup competition which coincidently is decided on the 15th July which would have been Roberts 33rd birthday.

• Like 4

Not sure I understand.  Were you originally planning to offer Dools’ boots as part of a competition?

If so, let me know if I can help.  I sponsored Dools’ boots for the last I don’t know how many seasons and can offer up a pair if you want.  Then you can have one pair for Rab and one for your competition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChiThistle said:

Not sure I understand.  Were you originally planning to offer Dools’ boots as part of a competition?

If so, let me know if I can help.  I sponsored Dools’ boots for the last I don’t know how many seasons and can offer up a pair if you want.  Then you can have one pair for Rab and one for your competition.

Great gesture ChiThistle:thumbsup2:

4 hours ago, ChiThistle said:

I have sent you a pm declining your extremely generous offer.Thanks Chi.

Thanks to everybody for agreeing to us putting Dools boots at Roberts grave at the end of what we all hope will be a very good season.I have declined ChiThistles very kind offer of a pair of boots from him. We will have 2 tops left after thistle4celtic1 picks the top he wants for winning the world cup competition. I will be having competitions for the remaining 2 tops during this season and I hope that everybody on the forum enters them.Once again Thistle fans have shown just how special we are.We may disagree on this forum but when one of our own requires something we give all the support that is needed.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, thistle4celtic1 said:

Beautiful

36 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

That’s lovely AuldJag, Thoughts are with you and your wife today.

Happy heavenly birthday Robert.

33 minutes ago, Lindau said:

Awesome AJ!!

Thanks everybody. Eunice and I went to TGI Friday in Braehead , as that was always Roberts choice for his birthday meal.

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, sandy said:

Your family are diamonds, AJ

Thanks Sandy. We are and always will be extremely proud of Robert. Also as I have said before the things that have been done in Roberts memory by Thistle and Thistle fans just show how special we are as a club.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 1