Stats Watch 2018-19

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Anyone know/remember when the last time Scotland played a match with two ex Jags in the starting XI?

It is likely to be either during the early/mid 70’s or Alan Hansen’s or Mo Johnson’s era. Maybe even if there was someone else around Jackie Macnamaras time. Although that might not count by your ex Jag definition.

42 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

It is likely to be either during the early/mid 70’s or Alan Hansen’s or Mo Johnson’s era. Maybe even if there was someone else around Jackie Macnamaras time. Although that might not count by your ex Jag definition.

Aye, I was meaning ex Jags rather than  Scottish internationalists who subsequently went on to play for us.

That'd be the same again i.e. O'Donnell and Hendry, both of whom played the full 90 in the 1-0 loss in Mexico back in June.

Before that, and adhering to your strict "ex-Jags" rule, you'd need to rewind back 31 years:
18.02.1987 - Alan Hansen (Liverpool) 26 of 26 - SCOTLAND 0-1 IRELAND (European Championship Qualifier @ Hampden Park, Glasgow, Att: 45,081)
18.02.1987 - Maurice Johnston (Celtic) 13 of 38 - SCOTLAND 0-1 IRELAND (European Championship Qualifier @ Hampden Park, Glasgow, Att: 45,081)

It seems like a bit of a novelty to get the double these days, but that certainly wasn't always the case. Including former/current/future Jags at the time of the cap, there have been:

135 doubles (1882-2018); 31 trebles (1905-1997); 6 quadruples (1910-1988) and even an unlikely quintuple (1926).

In total, 173 of Scotland's 766 matches (22.6%) have featured 2 or more former/current/future Jags in action!

Edited by The Jukebox Rebel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

That'd be the same again i.e. O'Donnell and Hendry, both of whom played the full 90 in the 1-0 loss in Mexico back in June.

Before that, and adhering to your strict "ex-Jags" rule, you'd need to rewind back 31 years:
18.02.1987 - Alan Hansen (Liverpool) 26 of 26 - SCOTLAND 0-1 IRELAND (European Championship Qualifier @ Hampden Park, Glasgow, Att: 45,081)
18.02.1987 - Maurice Johnston (Celtic) 13 of 38 - SCOTLAND 0-1 IRELAND (European Championship Qualifier @ Hampden Park, Glasgow, Att: 45,081)

It seems like a bit of a novelty to get the double these days, but that certainly wasn't always the case. Including former/current/future Jags at the time of the cap, there have been:

135 doubles (1882-2018); 31 trebles (1905-1997); 6 quadruples (1910-1988) and even an unlikely quintuple (1926).

In total, 173 of Scotland's 766 matches (22.6%) have featured 2 or more former/current/future Jags in action!

Hi TJR.Good to have you back. When you hadn't posted in the last week or so I thought having to give the very poor stats for Thistle over the past 18 months had taken their toll on you and you had given up.

Thanks AJ, think we're a' scunnered wi' them the noo, but, naw, just been a bit busy with other commitments that's all.  Will hopefully manage a round-up soon.

Keeping half an eye on it...

... the loss at East End Park seen us become just the second Thistle side in history to open a second-tier campaign with 4 consecutive away defeats. McCall's lot did the same in 2010 and broke the sequence with a 2-0 win in Dingwall. Should we lose at Recreation Park on Saturday, a new all-time record low of 5-in-a-row will be set. I'd be pinning up that up on the dressing room wall and letting them have it: are you going to make history as losers yet again?

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Under the stewardship of Mr. Caldwell we have averaged a goal every three and a half hours.

Anyone know of a worse record in our history?

Sorry BB cant answer your question. But since reaching our best league position in 35 years, we are now in free fall and I don't have any confidence our current manager can reverse it.

18 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Under the stewardship of Mr. Caldwell we have averaged a goal every three and a half hours.

Anyone know of a worse record in our history?

There is no worse record in our history; Gary's yield of 0.33 goals-per-game is twice as bad as the previous worst.

Jimmy Bone's caretaker spell yielded 4 goals in 6 games; his ratio of 0.67 goals-per-game is "leader in the clubhouse". Of all the permanents, Gerry Collins ratio of 0.88 gpg was worst, and he stands as the only permanent with a ratio of less than 1 gpg.

11 minutes ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

As we can see from the absolute facts, based on the opening six competitive games across all the first-spell tenureships (@ 3pts per win), Gary's first six results leave him sitting with the worst record from almost every angle:

33dytf8.jpg

Thanks TJR. Hope you are well, despite having to go through these horrendous stats. Had hoped, like every other Thistle fan our stats would be a lot better for this season. Something has to change soon. Results or manager(again).

2 hours ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

As we can see from the absolute facts, based on the opening six competitive games across all the first-spell tenureships (@ 3pts per win), Gary's first six results leave him sitting with the worst record from almost every angle:

33dytf8.jpg

Interesting that both Davie McParland and John Lambie(just) are in the bottom half of that table

3 hours ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

33dytf8.jpg

Goodness....

Not sure whether this has been asked before. But with the Quitongo connection... any idea who were the last father and son to play for Thistle?

Ah, think I've answered it myself, but I'll leave it open. But other than the most obvious one, have there been any others?

1 minute ago, allyo said:

Not sure whether this has been asked before. But with the Quitongo connection... any idea who were the last father and son to play for Thistle?

Ah, think I've answered it myself, but I'll leave it open. But other than the most obvious one, have there been any others?

I'd be surprised if any after Joe and Steven Craig. Before that there's only two Ian Cameron's?