Albion Rovers v Partick Thistle

partickthedog

On 23/07/2018 at 6:13 PM, elevenone said:

Although it was the Scottish Cup, East Stirling were thrown out for doing the same as Hearts and also Spartans suffered the same fate for same offence which denied them a match with us.  ( Culter the beneficiaries of that) so yes does seem very lenient.

I wonder if the football authorities are going to give us these oddities on a regular basis now to build up for the argument that their failure to dock Rangers (oldco) points for fielding regularly over ten years misregistered players was not wildly different to how they treated every other club for the same offence?  Probably not, they don't give a sh!t where they are concerned.  Wouldn't be surprised if the just muddled things up, maybe confusing the game with the other one they drew and got bonus point for.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Haha 1

Positives

Slater looks a very decent signing. A midfield players that wants the ball and will run with it, haven't seen one of those at Firhill in years.

Storey looked better and you could see his confidence coming back after the goal. He also looked at real handful playing as striker when Doolan went off and he was key to Fitzpatrick's goal.

Defence was good again and I can't see how Keown gets back in the team even if he cuts a similar deal to Storey. O'Ware looks very comfortable and is more of a threat at set pieces. He was really unlucky to hit the crossbar again

Passed the ball fairly well on a surface that was truly awful. Beyond the massively uneven dips and rises of the surface there was what looked like a pot hole next to the penalty spot at the end the thistle fans were behind.

Negatives

Someone needs to tell Storer not to tackle. He was lucky not to get booked tonight and if he keeps going this way he'll see plenty of red cards.

Not convinced by Gordon. Not as anonymous as the Morton game but still not involved for large parts. 

Spittal started to play a bit better towards the end but for a guy that's meant to be a great striker of a ball his distribution wasn't great. He needs to improve quickly.

We are very short on players. Subs bench tonight was very limited and we might struggle against Ayr because of this.  We need cover for full backs, centre backs, striker and need to recruit better first choice central defensive midfielders and wide players.

• Like 1

Bit of a strange competition (but could work in our favour) when Ayr's superior goal difference is totally academic.

Thought Storey was the stand out player. Good first half mostly in his normal position (for us) down the left and effective after the break as a near orthodox right winger.

I'll leave the stats to TJR but Fitzpatrick scoring on his competitive debut at 17 year and 4 months approx must be one for the record books.

11 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'll leave the stats to TJR but Fitzpatrick scoring on his competitive debut at 17 year and 4 months approx must be one for the record books.

Tam O'Ware plays in Fitz and starts.

That's my gag done for this year, thank you.

Aidan's first touch was exquisite I thought.

Discounting own goals and unknown scorers, the great Jaggy database has confirmed ages for 75.8 % of our scorers since 1876, which is pretty decent I think. Bearing that in mind…

Ian McDonald is the youngest known Jag to have scored on his debut, and did so aged 16y, 7m, 4d on Wednesday, 30th July, 1975, in a 4-0 friendly win away to Ross County.

The youngest known to have scored on his competitive debut was John Campbell, who did so aged 16y, 10m, 9d, on Saturday, 11th August, 1894, in a 5-2 win at home to Dundee Wanderers in the SFL Second Division.

Last night, Aidan Fitzpatrick became the second youngest Jag known to have scored on his competitive debut.

In the overall picture, Aidan is the 13th youngest man known to have scored for the Jags.

top-15-young-team.jpg.8c34a2b4e02fe731ab73d9e968729fed.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

Tam O'Ware plays in Fitz and starts.

That's my gag done for this year, thank you.

Aidan's first touch was exquisite I thought.

Discounting own goals and unknown scorers, the great Jaggy database has confirmed ages for 75.8 % of our scorers since 1876, which is pretty decent I think. Bearing that in mind…

Ian McDonald is the youngest known Jag to have scored on his debut, and did so aged 16y, 7m, 4d on Wednesday, 30th July, 1975, in a 4-0 friendly win away to Ross County.

The youngest known to have scored on his competitive debut was John Campbell, who did so aged 16y, 10m, 9d, on Saturday, 11th August, 1894, in a 5-2 win at home to Dundee Wanderers in the SFL Second Division.

Last night, Aidan Fitzpatrick became the second youngest Jag known to have scored on his competitive debut.

In the overall picture, Aidan is the 13th youngest man known to have scored for the Jags.

top-15-young-team.jpg.8c34a2b4e02fe731ab73d9e968729fed.jpg