Ayr at home

Knightswood Jag

So much for 'not believing the Ayr hype'? Believe it now?

Donkeys led by clowns, utterly inept from the word go, run absolutely ragged by a team just up from the third tier, and 2-0 flattered us. It could easily have been 5.

Same old, same old.

Archie GTF before it's too late - GTF RIGHT NOW.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2018 at 1:00 PM, partickthedog said:

Not worth opening a special thread, so will post this here on the theme of League Cup. Hearts "field" (yes, he actually played for 25 minutes-not an unused substitute) an ineligible player against Cove Rangers. They initially obtained 3 points for winning the match, but then had the book thrown at them by the SPFL. Our courageous football masters docked them 2 whole points, but credited them the 3 they already had. Net result, they broke the rules, albeit no doubt unintentionally, but still gained 1 point from the game. I presume that there are no points for Cove. Where is the justice in that?

Would the outcome have been the same if the transgressor had been Cove Rangers or even Partick Thistle?

I am sure in the past that wee teams have been thrown out of competitions for similar carelessness. I would not go that far, but a 3-0 win (both in goals and in points) to Cove seems about right to me.

Is this a Cover up?

No one to blame but ourselves but My first thoughts when PTD posted this last week were...

1) They only took 2 points so Hearts could still control their own destiny.

2) That if Hearts did win both games and get to 9 pts, then we would be the team that gets pumped because of the league's decision.

6 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

I said weeks ago that it will be a good season if we make the play offs. It's going to be a fun ride guys.

The only playoffs that squad, with Archie’s tactics will be the one to stay in the league.

There is an eerie dejavu about this squad and manager with our last back to back relegations

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End said:

It is not going to happen any time soon Barney. If you mean off the park?

GRE, I think the structure off the park things are the best they have ever been in my lifetime of being a Jag (1966 - to date). However, as I alluded to earlier, the progress made on the field under Jackie and Archie is now going backwards at an alarming pace. That is a serious source of concern for me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

GRE, I think the structure off the park things are the best they have ever been in my lifetime of being a Jag (1966 - to date). However, as I alluded to earlier, the progress made on the field under Jackie and Archie is now going backwards at an alarming pace. That is a serious source of concern for me.

I agree. I took the view that Archie should have been binned last season and at the end of the season, but he is still here. He won't be going anywhere anytime soon as he is hanging in there and the board won't sack him unless we are in the bottom three and showing no signs of improvement.  And David Taylor's announcement of a budget to compete is looking wafer thin, like the squad. But Let's see if Archie turns it around .

I thought we played OK first half, Elliot’s brain freeze aside. Finishing was the biggest issue. We had 6 or 7 clear chances (mainly headers), all of which were missed off target. Put one or two of them on target (all except Storey’s at the end were at 1-0) and we may have settled. On the plus side, our set pieces are a threat (hence all the headed chances), and I thought Storey had a positive first half at least. Still very much a work in progress, but this is hardly surprising.

Surely we can't react just to one game one result that all is hopelessly lost. The first two games v stenny and ton i've been surprised and pleased to see a better side than i expected given it' so mamy new players. This game aside there are positive signs. It's not an over night fix.

That said i share the concerns re archie having gone past his sell by date with us. Just my opinion, the club have decided to stick with archie and we go with that. I dont think we should be calling for him to be binned after one bad result.

If after two rounds of games everyone home and away, and it's not showing improvement and not going in what i'd percieve the right direction i'll call for him to go too. I just feel the decisikns been made to keep him and we should get behind the team.................oh to be a jaggy. Good with the bad