Ayr at home

Knightswood Jag

4 hours ago, potty trained said:

We just won 3 games in a row, before yesterday. 

The knicker wetting (entitlement) on here is embarrassing. It reads like folk want this team to fail, as being able to say "I told you so" is more important than the teams success.

Apart from 30 minutes against Morton we’ve been woeful, and we were lucky to hold on against them.

Beating Stenhousemuir and Albion Rovers should be a given, and we toiled to do that.

Our squad is woefully thin

The players are not fit 

We continue to try the same tactics that got us relegated 

Season starts properly on Saturday and we are nowhere near ready depth wise, fitness wise or tactics wise, and already possibly out the league cup at 1st hurdle with our 1st 4 games against Ayr, Falkirk, Dundee Utd & Morton and our history of crap starts especially if we’re trying to gel players not yet signed we could be in problems by mid September. 

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

we could be in problems by mid September. 

Agree and having seen Morton and Ayr who are probably with Alloa , QoS and ICT expected to be in the bottom half  its hard to see how anyone could be confident of being above them at the end of the season.

12 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Disappointing performance and result, but I do not think that it merits the waves of negativity and immediate rushes to judgment.  I will give this relatively new and still gelling team a bit more time. A few random thoughts:

Storey's dynamism is encouraging, but he has to learn to shoot straight.

Would be good for something to come off for Doolan and/or Erskine, then hopefully their form will start to flow.

We missed O'Ware at both ends. I think he would have scored today from one of our many corners, although delivery was generally too high and floaty making it difficult to generate power in the header.

This is the typical forum blindness that I come to expect. Typical Archie mindset where he canny see the wood for the trees. 

38 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Apart from 30 minutes against Morton we’ve been woeful, and we were lucky to hold on against them.

Beating Stenhousemuir and Albion Rovers should be a given, and we toiled to do that.

Our squad is woefully thin

The players are not fit 

We continue to try the same tactics that got us relegated 

Season starts properly on Saturday and we are nowhere near ready depth wise, fitness wise or tactics wise, and already possibly out the league cup at 1st hurdle with our 1st 4 games against Ayr, Falkirk, Dundee Utd & Morton and our history of crap starts especially if we’re trying to gel players not yet signed we could be in problems by mid September. 

all of this in a nutshell

if anyone is in any doubt look again at the first goal yesterday

couldn't believe it yesterday and still don't

from one of our most experienced players 

enough is enough archie and scott

this is our team we are thistle and we have to again this season sit and watch this garbage 

we as a team are going backwards big time

time for new blood new ideas 

1 hour ago, The Legend Blows said:

This is the typical forum blindness that I come to expect. Typical Archie mindset where he canny see the wood for the trees. 

Not going to argue with you, Mr Blows. I hope you enjoy the trip to Ayr next week and we all get to see a Thistle team performing with more flair, invention, speed and effectiveness.

But if you are going to accuse me of blindness, please get the description of the blindness correct.

It is match attending blindness, not forum blindness!

• Like 1

After the board backing Archie and Archie agreeing to try and get us promotion,he isn't going to be sacked or walk not just after 4 games .I would expect/hope he has been given targets by the board and if they are not met I would then expect to see change. I would also agree with the forum members with regard to the name calling.It does nobody any good and  we are all Thistle supporters and want to see us do as well as we can.Lets get behind the team.:fan:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I foresee this winding to a conclusion approx 4.45pm with the score a comfortable Hearts 2 Inverness 0, and both sets of fans singing "Let's all laugh at Thistle".

An ill-informed few might be singing "Let's all laugh at Partick".

Which would make Hearts 2 points deduction rather than expulsion quite murky waters imo.

12 minutes ago, Jagsman said:

also this is a goalkeeper who let in a shitload when he played for us

Ha, yes, Ridgers, a shocking personal record with us, conceding 12 goals in 180 minutes of action in all-games, a joint club-record in terms of a career-start.

Let's hope he keeps up his "form" in this second half.

^ desperado

I was wrong about the 2-0.

I think that the nearest similar scenario is now England v Holland in the last group stage match at Euro 96. England went 4-0 up, which was enough to allow Scotland to qualify for the knock out phase, then of course relaxed to permit Patrick Kluivert to wander through to score and eliminate Scotland.

4-1 is normally such a happy scoreline!

Admittedly there could have been a contrived result yesterday at Firhill, but surely the notion that one game can be played in isolation and both teams are aware of the results which will benefit them both, devalues a competition at the outset. I wonder if the betting companies are aware of this and does such a scenario fall foul of any gambling legislation?

Having said that we do not deserve to go through and a blank weekend in the middle of August might be a blessing.