Just my opinion

TartanC4

It already seem a little bit familiar.... Archie tinkering, having possession and good movement but no end product. Why change O’Ware and storer, keown was of off the pace and made a dreadful misjudgement early on. Erskine I think runs around with good intentions, and has moment that lift you from your seat....okay only briefly and usually end with a muttering of **** sake as you flop back down. Storer came on and linked up well with storey and had a few good chances, should have had a goal.

I just feel deflated and think Ayr will beat us again next weekend and we will struggle to finish anywhere near our expectations. I fear a few seasons in the Championship. I hope I'm wrong. 

15 minutes ago, TartanC4 said:

It already seem a little bit familiar.... Archie tinkering, having possession and good movement but no end product. Why change O’Ware and storer, keown was of off the pace and made a dreadful misjudgement early on. Erskine I think runs around with good intentions, and has moment that lift you from your seat....okay only briefly and usually end with a muttering of **** sake as you flop back down. Storer came on and linked up well with storey and had a few good chances, should have had a goal.

I just feel deflated and think Ayr will beat us again next weekend and we will struggle to finish anywhere near our expectations. I fear a few seasons in the Championship. I hope I'm wrong. 

Didn't you get the memo? There is a freshness about the club and we are in a division where our silky football will win the day.

50 minutes ago, TartanC4 said:

Got to be honest I didn’t see storer and Storey link up well at all but then again it didn’t seem to matter who was attacking the ball as I don’t recall their keeper having to make a single save 

Hasn't it all been basically the same since we lost all those games at the end of the top six season.? Predictable, no dig, liable to lose silly goals and total inability to score. Very cautious.  When a game comes along and it's push needing  to shove you just know we won't be at the races.

i have always thought Archie was admirable but as nothing changes we are in  the doldrums. Danny Lennon anyone?

57 minutes ago, jagfaelivi said:

Hasn't it all been basically the same since we lost all those games at the end of the top six season.? Predictable, no dig, liable to lose silly goals and total inability to score. Very cautious.  When a game comes along and it's push needing  to shove you just know we won't be at the races.

i have always thought Archie was admirable but as nothing changes we are in  the doldrums. Danny Lennon anyone?

Nope

29 minutes ago, TartanC4 said:

Ian mccall anyone? 

Yes

He knows how to spot talent. You only have to look at our team to realise his good his eye for a signing is. Erskine and Doolan are still arguably our most talented players and he found them in the juniors.

Ayr's star man Shankland was passed over by a number of championship clubs but McCall took him at Ayr and look at what he's doing now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, laukat said:

Yes

He knows how to spot talent. You only have to look at our team to realise his good his eye for a signing is. Erskine and Doolan are still arguably our most talented players and he found them in the juniors.

Ayr's star man Shankland was passed over by a number of championship clubs but McCall took him at Ayr and look at what he's doing now.

He even got mark Kerr putting in a shift which I didn’t think possible 

5 hours ago, TartanC4 said:

I was told O'Ware had been ill during the week. I was surprised to see Storer even make the bench after the knock he took on Tuesday night.

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Maybe McCall can see what makes a team tick, and picks players to suit the team rather than players as individuals. IIRC, Bobby Dinnie discovered Doolan and Erskine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

We made him look half decent, which sadly I did think was possible.

I've one consoling thought. If Mark Kerr is in any way representative of a Championship defensive midfielder, surely to God we'll be able to sign someone far more impressive. And until we do we're in for a bumpy ride.