Questions for Archie

ThickAsThieves

5 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Absolute rubbish and I should know as I was there!

Yes there was laughing from fans and board as there were some lighthearted moments - is that okay with you and your associate or should we all walk around with our faces tripping us?

The remark you refer to was just a quick one in a lull and it was made by one of our hardest working fans.

Archie was quite clear that improvement was needed.

The club official was simply asking who wanted to ask a question so people got their turn, he did have a few pre prepared question which were again used in lulls and then prompted other questions.

I am all for healthy debate but having posts which have some loose association with the facts does help - negative nonsense just for the sake of it does not help anyone.

Thanks FT.Anything else said?

6 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Thanks FT.Anything else said?

Training Ground - the club are aiming for it to be operational in June/July 2019.

Playing Squad - Hoping to get 1 or 2 in before Saturday. Deals can take some time to be finalised. We were in for Melbourne since we came back fro pre season but could only get him now because his parent club needed him. Looking at a defensive midfielder as we can't take a chance with Banzo's situation. Stuart should be back in a few weeks.

Reserve League - Archie much happier with this than development league. Because of tight squad it will be younger players plus those not playing on Saturday. Games will be at 2pm on Mondays at Lesser Hampden.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, potty trained said:

Did anyone ask Archie why he doesn't jump around the dugout like a mad man shouting and screaming, waving his arms? As it turns out, according to the tactical geniuses on here, it's the sign of a good manager. 

One guy asked why we do not pass the ball about more, he thought that there were too many headers in the games. 

Ironic as I generally feel that we constantly pass the ball across the midfield (or backwards) with no decisive end product. On the occasion that we make a decisive pass, we look dangerous.

1 hour ago, Big Dan said:

One guy asked why we do not pass the ball about more, he thought that there were too many headers in the games. 

Ironic as I generally feel that we constantly pass the ball across the midfield (or backwards) with no decisive end product. On the occasion that we make a decisive pass, we look dangerous.

He must have been at the wind up :lol:

Thanks, FT, for the info. :thumbsup2:. Was at Firhill earlier but couldn't stay for the Q & A as I was due somewhere else.

Re the Open Day, better coming from a parent but I thought a lot of work went into the fun aspect. The kids seemed to be having a rare time and looked like much more to do than previous years. Only glitch as far as I was concerned was I couldn't hear any of the on field interviews.

I am of course deeply saddened  to hear about what appears to be a serious breach of the director's code of professional conduct.  How are we ever going to rid ourselves of the "Cuddly Toy" image with such inappropriate behaviour? If it was up to me I'd like to see the Club Board adopt a rigid policy for dealing with miscreant directors. Perhaps something along the lines of A/Interminable Smiling - a sharp reprimand. B/Giggling, Chuckling or Smirking - temporary suspension from Board duties AND compulsory attendance at a Michael McIntyre show. C/Hysterical Falling About Laughter of a Sustained Nature - Well, how about an old fashioned stoning over at the Bing?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Maybe you should have just turned up and booed mate. Absolute disgrace that the board were laughing and that Archie was being positive (isn’t he also criticised for being negative? I’m confused). 

This in spades 

3 hours ago, potty trained said:

Did anyone ask Archie why he doesn't jump around the dugout like a mad man shouting and screaming, waving his arms? As it turns out, according to the tactical geniuses on here, it's the sign of a good manager. 

Brilliant PT.

And ace to catch-up again today. You and Iain and both Mr Thistle :)

3 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Training Ground - the club are aiming for it to be operational in June/July 2019.

Playing Squad - Hoping to get 1 or 2 in before Saturday. Deals can take some time to be finalised. We were in for Melbourne since we came back fro pre season but could only get him now because his parent club needed him. Looking at a defensive midfielder as we can't take a chance with Banzo's situation. Stuart should be back in a few weeks.

Reserve League - Archie much happier with this than development league. Because of tight squad it will be younger players plus those not playing on Saturday. Games will be at 2pm on Mondays at Lesser Hampden.

Thanks FT.

4 hours ago, potty trained said:

No Dave but maybe they should ask if he has a second formation or plan b if things are going up shit creek?  Come on now.  And Sandy I think fans are allowed to question the abilities of the management team given the last 12 months. U are like the trump of this forum with your 'everything is awesome'posts. I look forward to your fake news nothing to see here folks narrative soon. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Perhaps inopportune timing a few days after the youngest player since the 19th century to score for us on his debut. 

Yup, in a threadbare squad. Hendry and Lindsay, also got in when we had no other option. McCarthy struggled to get a game despite last season's midfield being the worst and most out of form for at least 6 years and probably more. Penrice recalled from a loan, MOTM against Celtic, barely seen again until now, when again we have no other option. A couple of decent development players let go when we have a threadbare squad.

If we have 4-5 first team or even squad players who are brought through by the end of next season then I will eat humble pie, but seems Archie prefers loans and journeymen to me.

9 minutes ago, flashman said:

Yup, in a threadbare squad. Hendry and Lindsay, also got in when we had no other option. McCarthy struggled to get a game despite last season's midfield being the worst and most out of form for at least 6 years and probably more. Penrice recalled from a loan, MOTM against Celtic, barely seen again until now, when again we have no other option. A couple of decent development players let go when we have a threadbare squad.

If we have 4-5 first team or even squad players who are brought through by the end of next season then I will eat humble pie, but seems Archie prefers loans and journeymen to me.

I seem to recall Archie persisting with Lindsay when many on here were wanting him dropped from the team and others from the club entirely. Remember the smarty pants types who used to think it was funny doing a one word post of bombscare (they then were  then the ones saying we should not sell him for less than £1M).

Edited by Fawlty Towers
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, flashman said:

This is a weird criticism. A. Archibald has brought through around 1-2 young players a season, which is pretty much the most you can expect from any youth system per year. B. Do you really think if Archibald and the coaching staff believed we had more young players who were good enough they wouldn’t be played? 

The development players we let go weren’t good enough. The coaching staff see them every single day in training and know their abilities. More importantly - potentially - they know their attitudes. The guys we let go were never going to cut it for all sorts of reasons. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

14 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

This is a weird criticism. A. Archibald has brought through around 1-2 young players a season, which is pretty much the most you can expect from any youth system per year. B. Do you really think if Archibald and the coaching staff believed we had more young players who were good enough they wouldn’t be played? 

The development players we let go weren’t good enough. The coaching staff see them every single day in training and know their abilities. More importantly - potentially - they know their attitudes. The guys we let go were never going to cut it for all sorts of reasons. 

The coaching staff also saw the players in the relegation squad every day and thought A - they were good enough in the first place and B - should continue to play. I am not entirely confident in their judgement. I think that unless players are causing unrest, a mentalist a la Lee Griffiths would be worth a punt.

5 and a half seasons Archie has been in so we have brought through by my count 4 players (Lindsay, Hendry, McCarthy and, generously, Penrice). that is less than 1 per season. I agree that he persisted with Lindsay, but in my opinion none of the above would have gotten a fair crack of the whip unless Archie's hand had been forced. To my recollection the Lindsay/Hendry partnership got about 6 games to establish themselves due to an injury crisis. Both players sold for a relative pitance, though that is down to the board.

Edited by flashman

9 hours ago, Hankey said:

Just had a first hand report, sounds like exactly as I pictured. Roughie and the board were chuckling away, people asking shite like if Roughie needs a new sidekick ffs! Total love in.  Archie talking like we are going to get promoted and all is well, harping on with the same tired cliches about "how we need to be tougher". Club official directing the questioning.

Absolutely sleepwalking into trouble this season.

Jacqui Low dealt with the family phone calls when they asked if their relatives were ok in Sherwood Crescent, Lockerbie when she knew that street had been vaporised by an exploded plane.

She was in the gym at Dunblane primary school when the parents started arriving.

We have a superb managerial and leadership team who have toughness, rigour, fire and fight.

There was no love in. The wee woman from Fife is lovely but not soft or daft.

There was no club official directing questions. Just the stadium announcer helping the conversations flow.

if you have questions for the club, be there and ask them. If you can’t be there, call the club and ask them.

in her first programme notes, Jacqui encouraged all to do just that.

Or contact her on twitter. She always replies and always gives her time.

The glass is not half empty 

Nor is it half full.

The cup is refillable.

• Like 1

On 29/07/2018 at 5:18 PM, Big Dan said:

Positives from today, we hope to have the training academy open for June next year. David McParland knew a couple of months back of the name.

Plans in place for residential accommodation and a "safe standing" area at Bing end. No timescale, as economically not the correct time.

Looking for D Midfielder, we hope to have a player in next week (no position stated).

Negatives

A McC suspended for first league game.

Let's hope the economically correct time never arrives. Every time mention is made of Firhill being turned into a housing scheme, I feel slightly ashamed of the football club I've loved since I was a very small boy.