Questions for Archie

ThickAsThieves

20 minutes ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

The Keown situation is ridiculous and entirely down to the club.  If we don't get an offer for him then we either pay him Premiership wages to play for us or we pay him Premiership wages to train with us but don't play him.  Given the numbers we have, and the relative quality of Keown versus McGinty,  it is reckless & stupid not to be playing him every week. it would also put him in the shop window for a transfer.

How do you think the 7 or 8(?) Players who took wage cuts would feel? 

2 hours ago, David Brent said:

Why does he not have a relegation clause? Who sanctioned this? Obviously I'm asking these questions out loud but it strikes me as a ridiculously poor decision. If we can't move him on- or he  doesn't sign reduced terms-then we won't be able to get players in.

The three players who didn't have a relegation clause are all from south of the border, albeit Storey was playing at Aberdeen. It's maybe standard procedure when tempting players to up sticks to not have a relegation clause. It could be a straight choice between relegation clause or a low trigger clause. Could be we'd have to pay them more (wages, final position bonuses etc) if we added in a relegation clause.

Whatever, the "who sanctioned this" is an easy answer, Ian Maxwell. More to the point is the three players didn't perform to a level to match their wage/contract and thus in varying degrees were in part responsible for our downfall.  Maxwell can't be faulted for that. That's Archie's domain. Also don't forget when it comes to contracts Cerny & Edwards have cost us as well. They too played a part in our relegation. If we stayed up and those two left we'd have received transfer fees.  Not sad to see them go tho'  they would probably have been fine for the Championship but we've no doubt had to pay signing on fees to their replacements.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

3 hours ago, scotty said:

As some of them have 6 games to play before the end of the month, I would think they may be glad if Keown gives them a bit of breathing space.

This, plus I imagine, in general terms,  they'd feel a lot better watching him being paid more than they are to actually  play rather than watching him being paid more than they are to do nothing.

• Like 1

Sandy i agree with your point but i dont think it will happen Archie has said that Keown didnt have a clause in his contract stating if the club were relegated then a pay cut was required (Also its not Keowns problem as the club must have agreed the terms of the deal when he signed) so unless theres injuries or he himself decides to take a pay cut then i think he may sit tight as i think if he was going to take the cut he wpuld have done it by now hopefully something can be sorted 

7 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Sandy i agree with your point but i dont think it will happen Archie has said that Keown didnt have a clause in his contract stating if the club were relegated then a pay cut was required (Also its not Keowns problem as the club must have agreed the terms of the deal when he signed) so unless theres injuries or he himself decides to take a pay cut then i think he may sit tight as i think if he was going to take the cut he wpuld have done it by now hopefully something can be sorted 

I suppose a nightmare scenario is Keown getting injured.

11 minutes ago, Maestro said:

I would imagine that there will come a point when Keown is prepared to take a cut. The fact that he is willing to sit on his arse and take the money wouldn't look good on his cv. 

3 hours ago, gerrybritton9 said:

Yes. 

Yes I am 

No no no, not you. I meant archie. The questions are for archie!......or, are, you archie? Eh, hi archie, didn't see you there. Yr doing a fine job, big fan etc etc

Edited by Guest