League Cup draw

40 minutes ago, javeajag said:

How do you enjoy getting thumped 4 or 5 nil ? 

How do you know it will bec4 or 5?  Just accept that we won the raffle today to get to this stage. And grasp whatever financial benefits we gain. Our confidence won't be affected  by any defeat. They have steamrollered Scotland for the past two years, so what makes us special?

I

15 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

How do you know it will bec4 or 5?  Just accept that we won the raffle today to get to this stage. And grasp whatever financial benefits we gain. Our confidence won't be affected  by any defeat. They have steamrollered Scotland for the past two years, so what makes us special?

Yep. Great payday & move on.

if we get a result, amazing, if not it beats losing 1-0 away to Livi or the like.

15 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Ok to your point how do you know our confidence won’t be affected if we suffer a heavy defeat ?

look at our record against them and our performance yesterday

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

We had paydays against them last season how did that work out ?

Not great, but we’ve budgeted for the 1st Div this season so this has to be a wee extra. If it’s budgeted for, i agree, we need changed. But I doubt it has been.

im not worried about the game, but we will benefit financially to the tune of one or two players for the season I think. Can’t be bad.

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Call it negative if it makes you feel better ..... I get it’s a financial bonus but my point is if we lose heavily it could damage our season 

btw the point it means 1/2 players is an assumption the board may see it as a way to reduce our deficit 

Why do you support Thistle? Genuine question. Your unrelenting negativity  and miserabilism must knacker you out, why bother? 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

9 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Why do you support Thistle? Genuine question. Your unrelenting negativity  and miserabilism must knacker you out, why bother? 

Genuine answer - Don't post on football fans fora if you are unable to accept an opinion that you don't agree with.

He supports Thistle.

You support Thistle.

You have different opinions on the same subject.

You need to accept that opinion and get over it, without resorting to the above nonsense.

Edited by Barney Rubble

23 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok to your point how do you know our confidence won’t be affected if we suffer a heavy defeat ?

look at our record against them and our performance yesterday

So if we get tanked by the soap dodgers our confidence will be shattered. Forget the seeding, what if we avoided them in the draw and got beat by Ayr, Pars, Queens or County? Losing to any of those four clubs even narrowly wouldn't do our confidence any good either. And losing to them would hardly help the Firhill coffers. To a lesser extent neither would losing to a few of the top tier clubs still in the cup.

Btw Give Venice and its canals a miss. What's wrong with the Nolly? :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Listen you don’t agree with my opinions fine... football forums are full of people who don’t agree that’s kinda the point unless you think everyone should agree with you all the time ?

perhaps it’s because I care that I don’t join in the it will be all right in the end attitude  .... critically examining how you are doing in anything is actually how you improve 

2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

So if we get tanked by the soap dodgers our confidence will be shattered. Forget the seeding, what if we avoided them in the draw and got beat by Ayr, Pars, Queens or County? Losing to any of those four clubs even narrowly wouldn't do our confidence any good either. And losing to them would hardly help the Firhill coffers. To a lesser extent neither would losing to a few of the top tier clubs still in the cup.

Btw Give Venice and its canals a miss. What's wrong with the Nolly? :)

Fair point and the beers cheaper !

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Genuine answer - Don't post on football fans fora if you are unable to accept an opinion that you don't agree with.

He supports Thistle.

You support Thistle.

You have different opinions on the same subject.

You need to accept that opinion and get over it.

Nobody ever needs to accept an opinion. That’s nonsense. Sounds like an example of the opinion fallacy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_entitled_to_my_opinion?wprov=sfti1

1 hour ago, Vinnyjag said:

I would give them JHS and North or Main stand, given that we tend to not attend the OF games in big numbers and maximise the income  it could be the difference in wages for a decent striker. Losing to Celtic will not shatter our confidence giving that we are not expected to win, playing away to Dunfermline in next round and losing heavily would be more likely to affect confidence 

They are not allowed into The Main Stand due to there liking for Pyrotenics.

27 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Call it negative if it makes you feel better ..... I get it’s a financial bonus but my point is if we lose heavily it could damage our season 

btw the point it means 1/2 players is an assumption the board may see it as a way to reduce our deficit 

Great to hear. That’s ICT’s season done then ?

Not quite sure about this being thrashed business. Last season our not very good team played Celtic 4 times and I think I am right in saying that the losing margins were 0-1, 0-2, 1-2 and 2-3. None of these are "thrashings". Only in the 0-2 game were we never really in sight of taking anything. In the 0-1 we should have been awarded a penalty which would have nicked us an admittedly undeserved point. In the 1-2 we led going into the second half. In the 2-3 we were within a brilliant tackle of securing an unlikely draw.

I accept that the likelihood of a loss is high, but a thrashing is certainly not inevitable.

Having said that, we should still be looking to win, however unlikely that might be. If Celtic have any potential weakness, it may be complacency in an early season League Cup tie when their team is still coming together and  European survival is their top priority. We can but dream.

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Listen you don’t agree with my opinions fine... football forums are full of people who don’t agree that’s kinda the point unless you think everyone should agree with you all the time ?

perhaps it’s because I care that I don’t join in the it will be all right in the end attitude  .... critically examining how you are doing in anything is actually how you improve 

You don't have a monopoly on caring, and don't be so arrogant to think because you have a negative disposition that those that don't don't.

You call it a critical examination from my perspective it's an unbalanced opinion that focusses on the negative. You'll probably will not recognise it but many sportsmen/women have actually made very good careers through focussing on what they do well and improving/maintaining that rather than waste time and effort on what they can't do.

4 minutes ago, Metz said:

You don't have a monopoly on caring, and don't be so arrogant to think because you have a negative disposition that those that don't don't.

You call it a critical examination from my perspective it's an unbalanced opinion that focusses on the negative. You'll probably will not recognise it but many sportsmen/women have actually made very good careers through focussing on what they do well and improving/maintaining that rather than waste time and effort on what they can't do.

:lol:

Wonderful stuff.

Of all the nonsense that has been posted round here since 2013, this caps it.

By some considerable distance.

5 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

:lol:

Wonderful stuff.

Of all the nonsense that has been posted round here since 2013, this caps it.

By some considerable distance.

Fair play BR if anyone recognises a nonsense post you will as you've been responsible for a high percentage of them.

1 hour ago, Metz said:

Jesus .......

i actually don’t have a negative disposition you do if you read your post ....

to turn this round apparently the only true Thistle fan is someone who always supports the manager  and never criticizes anything ......

and ps we are a team not a sports  person 

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

No like lots of jags fans I won’t be there

I fully understand javeajag.The last bigot brother game I attended was the 2-1 defeat to Celtic October 2013. The hatred on the faces of their supporters & intimidation as they  strutted along Firhill Rd convinced me to stay away from these fixtures. Personally I would rather the club  give them the absolute minimum allocation under the rules of the competition. This should minimise the number of police & stewards required  compared to giving them JHS & North Stand.

Treat them with the contempt they treat the rest of Scottish football.

FTOF 

• Like 1