League Cup draw

I hope somebody notes this post and throws it back in my face after we win:

There is not a snowball in hell's chance that the current Thistle squad could somehow beat Celtic, or probably even Celtic reserves. The last 20+ years of failure after failure and the frankly horrendous goals for vs. goals against record against them indicate very clearly how the game is likely to pan out. We have the worst record against them of just about any team in Scotland at our level. We fold against them, if we even turn up. Expect more of the same.

This will be a great, badly needed payday.

Jags supporters should turn up if possible to support the team as,

a. We might win. Just imagine if you miss that one!,

B. It may be a good game with Thistle playing well and taking some positives,

C. It is always good to see Firhill rocking,

D. The team appreciates and desperately needs our support,

E. It could well be the only game vs a PL team this season,

F. A good chance to see most of the Scottish team.

G. It’s good to get a midweek pint

I could go on. I appreciate some folk will be working and others balancing finances. I know family finances are far more important.

But the ‘I’m not going because I dislike their fans’ excuse is not valid. I dislike Killie fans, Dundee fans, Hibs and Hearts fans because of historical abuse(used to dislike Clyde fans too, ha ha) but this would never stop me watching my beloved Jags. Cmon, let’s turn up in numbers unless there’s a good reason not to.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I hope somebody notes this post and throws it back in my face after we win:

There is not a snowball in hell's chance that the current Thistle squad could somehow beat Celtic, or probably even Celtic reserves. The last 20+ years of failure after failure and the frankly horrendous goals for vs. goals against record against them indicate very clearly how the game is likely to pan out. We have the worst record against them of just about any team in Scotland at our level. We fold against them, if we even turn up. Expect more of the same.

Negative negative .......!

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I think the tv money is £21,000 so it’s not quite the £80,000 it used to be

Crazy if that's correct. If the game was at Parkhead we'd be losing money on that deal.  As it is we've got to pay for policing & stewarding, which I assume given the opposition is top whack. Gotta also assume the attendance will be affected, tho' hopefully by not too much. Point being we'll not be the full £21K to the good. Wild guesstimate but if the attendance for a 12.30pm KO TV game suffers to the tune of 1800-2000 our TV money would be wiped out. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

4 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Rangers & Celtic fans.  Thistle fans not turning up is part of the narrative of the West End luvvie nonsense.

Do they still laugh when the same Jags fans who choose very reasonably not to turn up to see and hear that filth turn up at Dingwall, Inverness and Aberdeen in mid winter? I for one don't know and certainly don't care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 12:34 AM, Weebaw1 said:

This will be a great, badly needed payday.

Jags supporters should turn up if possible to support the team as,

a. We might win. Just imagine if you miss that one!,

B. It may be a good game with Thistle playing well and taking some positives,

C. It is always good to see Firhill rocking,

D. The team appreciates and desperately needs our support,

E. It could well be the only game vs a PL team this season,

F. A good chance to see most of the Scottish team.

G. It’s good to get a midweek pint

I could go on. I appreciate some folk will be working and others balancing finances. I know family finances are far more important.

But the ‘I’m not going because I dislike their fans’ excuse is not valid. I dislike Killie fans, Dundee fans, Hibs and Hearts fans because of historical abuse(used to dislike Clyde fans too, ha ha) but this would never stop me watching my beloved Jags. Cmon, let’s turn up in numbers unless there’s a good reason not to.

G. Its on Saturday 12.30 KO - early start on the Sunday hangover

On 29/07/2018 at 7:09 PM, KemoAvdiu said:

Why do you support Thistle? Genuine question. Your unrelenting negativity  and miserabilism must knacker you out, why bother? 

I must admit, I keep seeing Rev IM Jolly when I log onto these threads. Some people need to get an injection of optimism & hope.