Ayr vs Partick Thistle - Oh we do like to be beside the seaside...

jagfox

3 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

Yep, let the panic buying begin.

There will be no panic buying at firhill - just panic.

right troops, what are we seeing from the manager to suggest we are coming out of relegation in any sort of decent shape.  

Please guys, Archie is a legend.  Thanks mate and good luck in your next gig.

no one here at Ayr can defend this shambles.  Disgrace against Livi was 7-8 weeks ago, are we in better shape?

• Haha 1

We are an utter shambles right now.

Last season we got relegated on goal difference paying good money to stiffers like Dumbuya, Fraser, Osman, Banzo. How many games in total did these charlatans play last season?

This season we show up on the first day without a full bench. That's unacceptable under any circumstances. The support is more committed than the Board is right now.

Until the penny drops with all fans, I fear this circus will go on. Christ, we were still losing to Livingston at Firhill and there was the "Oh Alan Archibald" song being sung from the NS. Jesus wept! 

It looks like we are heading for our 4th straight loss to second-tier opposition, the board is full of spineless chums who were too cowardly or lazy to cut the cord in the summer, and this is what we are left with. 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

Cannot find much positive to say apart from we still have half of the game left!

Sometimes even when a team is playing badly, there is one player who is bucking the trend, still putting in a performance and acting as a catalyst to others. No evidence of such a player in the first half.

Not sure where the second half inspiration will come from. Time for the management and players to really step up and show us what so far has been sadly lacking.

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

A 17 year old, a 19 year old and a player on the transfer list is our subs option for today, shocking but not surprising, trying to work out is Melbourne, Penrice or Spittal are RB

Total incompetence. I'm sure it's all smiles in the directors box though as they work out which job title they can promote themselves to next.

39 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Your guess? Clearly not watching the game r & y. I'm with you, i'm sitting on my phone.......off to the beach. Sick of this same old pish. RE BUILDING my arse. Sleep walking to relegation AGAIN. 

I've yet to jump on the band wagon, have said previously we need to give the mgt team time but i'm oit of patience now. 

The writings bn clear at all the games i'vr seen. Same fragility at the back and at mid field and we don't look like we've a goal in us. Very poor, very scarily concerning. I'm approaching "archie out" status ot we are in danger of being relegated again.....mark these words

Approaching!

19 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Until the penny drops with all fans, I fear this circus will go on. Christ, we were still losing to Livingston at Firhill and there was the "Oh Alan Archibald" song being sung from the NS. Jesus wept! 

It looks like we are heading for our 4th straight loss to second-tier opposition, the board is full of spineless chums who were too cowardly or lazy to cut the cord in the summer, and this is what we are left with. 

Wanted to like this but I’ve reached the limit.

1 minute ago, stuart_adam said:

And does having a Shit manager make you a worse player?

I don't think Archie is a shit manager. He's a manager who's had his time and has gone really stale.

But to answer you question having a bad manager does make you worse as a player as you loose confidence

13 hours ago, laukat said:

I don't think Archie is a shit manager. He's a manager who's had his time and has gone really stale.

But to answer you question having a bad manager does make you worse as a player as you loose confidence

He admittedly took us to highest finish in recent history (Since it has been called the Premiership). So I am maybe being a little emotional, but I am just sick to death of watching the same shit and hearing the same excuses. Archies biggest weakness is signing players, out of all his signings not many of them have ever strengthened us.

Either way its time for him to go 

Edited by stuart_adam
Misphrased

1 minute ago, stillresigned said:

Why is our so-called team rebuilding at such a shit state?

I mean surely everyone is aware when the season begins and how many players we need and in what positions?

When sides like Ayr appear better organised than we are it’s quite simply not god  enough.

I'm beginning to think Archie isn't as good at that aspect of the job as we may have thought he was.

As expected, we are an absolute funkin disgrace. With the same squad of players  under a different leadership we could do so much better. Archie just go now. Left after an hour. Literally no point staying. Wish I'd kept my £17 and spent it in Ayr pubs. Heart ruled head. Luckily Skybet will pay for my day out. Never felt so negative towards Thistle in my life. Surely someone behind the scenes must see the bigger picture.

• twinny locked this topic