Ayr vs Partick Thistle - Oh we do like to be beside the seaside...

jagfox

3 minutes ago, The Legend Blows said:

As expected, we are an absolute funkin disgrace. With the same squad of players  under a different leadership we could do so much better. Archie just go now. Left after an hour. Literally no point staying. Wish I'd kept my £17 and spent it in Ayr pubs. Heart ruled head. Luckily Skybet will pay for my day out. Never felt so negative towards Thistle in my life. Surely someone behind the scenes must see the bigger picture.

My non Thistle supporting mate who was at the game today is in agreement. Can't believe Archie is still in a job. Time for a change .

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Knightswood Jag said:

Approaching!

Fair point well made.

I hate when we or any other club get to the stage of calling for some manager to get sacked. It goes against all that is fair amongst "the workers". Archie has a family and bills to pay. I am 100% positive he's not woke up one morning and decided he wants to be a sh!te manager.

That said they go into football management with their eyes open

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Fair point well made.

I hate when we or any other club get to the stage of calling for some manager to get sacked. It goes against all that is fair amongst "the workers". Archie has a family and bills to pay. I am 100% positive he's not woke up one morning and decided he wants to be a sh!te manager.

That said they go into football management with their eyes open

Its the same as any other job. If you are unable to meet expectations and deliver results then you will be let go. We are not a charity case...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Holy moley, we've been going backwards at pace since 6th April 2017.

Is a double relegation the only thing that will make these ****tards take notice?

Hey but surely you realise other teams knew which league they were in a whole week before us. If only these 'knicker wetters' had been listened to eh?

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Please walk away now Archibald, while you can still hold your head realatively high.

My eyes are bleeding watching this awful brand of hoofball.

2 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Let's take a look at the last 4 matches against lower league opposition:

Livi 2-1 Thistle 

Thistle 0-1 Livi

Thistle 0-2 Ayr

20mins: Ayr 2-0 Thistle 

This club is utterly rudderless. 

I get your sentiment - but you missed Morton and Albion Rovers.

I take it you want rid of our new chairperson,chief executive and the management team ?

17 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I take it you want rid of our new chairperson,chief executive and the management team ?

Were you at either of those games?  We toiled to get those results? Winning three games paper over the  cracks. As others have said we need to take a dose of reality cos at present we are strolling towards another relegation, dwindling crowds, older players and will struggle to entice decent quality new signings. After the last few games any player looking for a club will go elsewhere.

He's not making rash comments about the board or how the club  is run, yellow and redneck is making the fairly simple to understand point that the performances and results are archie and shaggys fault, theres been not improement and we need a change.

As others have stated over other threads, the club is well run.

We have been in decline in terms of performance, players, systems and new signings since the aberdeen 0-6 game. Most fans hoped archie would turn it round. He hasn't!!

He's had more chances that any other manager in recent times. The point is as clear as the nose on your face.

Please don't tell me you lost your nose in a horrendous accident, i'd be very sorry if that were the case

That was worrying.

To start a season with players playing out of position and a bench that is 3 players light is shocking mismanagement from top to bottom.

We've known since May that we would be short of a right back, why wasn't that addressed?

We seem to be missing out on signings left, right and centre which goes against the "competitive budget" story we were all fed at the start of the summer. I'm not naive enough to think we would sign every player we went for but our recruitment policy has been terrible for the last few summers.

I didn't have high hopes for this season, history tells us it's not an easy division to get out of.

I had even less hopes when I saw that lineup and bench today. However, I did expect a reaction.

I expected to see players showing grit and determination against a team that turned them over the week before.

We were soft as hell all over the pitch, last season revisited.

The week coming up is huge for us. We go in to our first home game with no new signings and a similar team as today then it isn't going to be pretty.

When we won this league we had great momentum and a feel good factor from the off. It feels the exact opposite just now.

I'm a huge Archie fan, always have been but the same old mistakes are being made time and again.

He needs to fix it and fast.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

The Albion Rovers game as an embarrassment as we toiled against a bunch of junior players. And Morton should have beaten us based on that second half performance. 

And yes. I think our new Chairman would rather virtue signal and prioritise "fan engagement" (free tickets for aromatherapists etc. etc.) over actually building something decent on the park. Our CE is another example of jobs for the boys. Despite being a Jags man, Britton doesn't strike me as having a ton of football knowledge, or contacts that will help build a squad. And I've been calling for the management team to depart since the top-6 split two seasons ago.  

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

5 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Were you at either of those games?  We toiled to get those results? Winning three games paper over the  cracks. As others have said we need to take a dose of reality cos at present we are strolling towards another relegation, dwindling crowds, older players and will struggle to entice decent quality new signings. After the last few games any player looking for a club will go elsewhere.

He's not making rash comments about the board or how the club  is run, yellow and redneck is making the fairly simple to understand point that the performances and results are archie and shaggys fault, theres been not improement and we need a change.

As others have stated over other threads, the club is well run.

We have been in decline in terms of performance, players, systems and new signings since the aberdeen 0-6 game. Most fans hoped archie would turn it round. He hasn't!!

He's had more chances that any other manager in recent times. The point is as clear as the nose on your face.

Please don't tell me you lost your nose in a horrendous accident, i'd be very sorry if that were the case

You are misunderstanding my comments for support of the management team at the moment. I am worried - but I think to make your points, you should get the facts right and he didn’t

6 minutes ago, King Kenny said:

That was worrying.

To start a season with players playing out of position and a bench that is 3 players light is shocking mismanagement from top to bottom.

We've known since May that we would be short of a right back, why wasn't that addressed?

We seem to be missing out on signings left, right and centre which goes against the "competitive budget" story we were all fed at the start of the summer. I'm not naive enough to think we would sign every player we went for but our recruitment policy has been terrible for the last few summers.

I didn't have high hopes for this season, history tells us it's not an easy division to get out of.

I had even less hopes when I saw that lineup and bench today. However, I did expect a reaction.

I expected to see players showing grit and determination against a team that turned them over the week before.

We were soft as hell all over the pitch, last season revisited.

The week coming up is huge for us. We go in to our first home game with no new signings and a similar team as today then it isn't going to be pretty.

When we won this league we had great momentum and a feel good factor from the off. It feels the exact opposite just now.

I'm a huge Archie fan, always have been but the same old mistakes are being made time and again.

He needs to fix it and fast.

He's had a full season. Two full close seasons and a winter transfer window. Not to mention the start of this seaaon. What quality player is going to sign for us in our present state?

How long does he get. I said in a previous post we should stop the critisism and get behind the team but that was befor the last two games. Not now. We change or spend the next few seasons pissing about in the lower leagues. I for one am pure ragin given how strong we were 2015/2016 and2016/2017. We should have pushed on but sadly we have/are going backwards

17 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

The Albion Rovers game as an embarrassment as we toiled against a bunch of junior players. And Morton should have beaten us based on that second half performance. 

And yes. I think our new Chairman would rather virtue signal and prioritise "fan engagement" (free tickets for aromatherapists etc. etc.) over actually building something decent on the park. Our CE is another example of jobs for the boys. Despite being a Jags man, Britton doesn't strike me as having a ton of football knowledge, or contacts that will help build a squad. And I've been calling for the management team to depart since the top-6 split two seasons ago.  

You've been consistent. I didn't agree with you then, but sadly you are being proven right. I'm sure you'll take no pleasure from it tho

Edited by Guest
Spelling mistook

• twinny locked this topic