Ayr vs Partick Thistle - Oh we do like to be beside the seaside...

jagfox

9 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

You are misunderstanding my comments for support of the management team at the moment. I am worried - but I think to make your points, you should get the facts right and he didn’t

Ok. Agreed the results he listed were selective but you're ignoring the poor performance in the rovers and morton games. Y&R doesn't need me to argue for him, but........do you expect him to list all results? Surely not. He' spot on, the two livvi games and two ayr games are of far more importance than the others.

AND he made no mention in your quote of the board. Stop making things up please. I'm angry enough tonight as it is

I was for giving Archie a chance right up to the Livi double header and he blew it and then the club took the easy/ cheap option to continue with the same management team, now we're easily beaten twice in  a week by a team that was 2 leagues below us last season.  

How many were thinking about renewing/buying a season ticket this coming week?.....might be that the club will be also be regretting not including one of the league cup games on the season ticket.

The only positives from today were the pre-match drinks and the old-fashioned character of Somerset Park.    Brilliant turn-out from the Thistle support, circa 1000?  

21 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Somebody was talking this time last week about 'knicker-wetters'.

Be interesting to hear what they are saying now.

They will still be calling fans knicker wetters as they did last season,while they were assuring us that Archie would keep us up.

The usual Jagzone interview injury curse strikes again. No injury worries reported yesterday, then no sign of Storer or Banzo today. Can you guys set up a Jagzone Interview player injury bingo card for us? It’s a waste of time subscribing to this bullsh1t as one day everyone is fit then come gameday Harold Shipman has operated on half the squad and cunztz go missing.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

They will still be calling fans knicker wetters as they did last season,while they were assuring us that Archie would keep us up.

We should all be Knicker Wetters tonight.

The worry is not the result, its how far that Thistle team looks from a good performance.  If anybody asks you how good the Ayr keeper is you can't answer cos he's not been tested once in two games!!!

If Archie thought it was hard recruiting players last week wait till he tries this week. Bottom of the Championship and in disarray doesn't tend to attract any player with options.

I was a knicker wetter. I thought archie would get us over the line last season right up to the county 4-0 game when i swore i'd never go to another away game and pretty much stopped posting on here. 

After home livvi game i was of the opinion archie was done at thistle. Not done as a manager but had been at thistle long enough. 

Race run. Time for a change. Everything about thistle last seaaon was stale apart from talk of the new training ground.

Then, close season we signed o'ware, i thought that was an excellent signing. Few othwr signingd and i syarted look forward to the new season. Then went to stenny and the first half we'd good balance, storer, slater, gordon looked sharp, direct and creative (remembering it was only stennyFGS). Second half was another story. Struggled at albion and v morton and fell apart v ayr.

Still, this morning was full of hope.........i fookin hate saturday nights. 

No clue

No hope

No knickers.

Bye Archie. Do the decent honourable thing. You are runing our club into the ground and ruining any legacy you might have had. Your body languagevwas at best insipide, defeated and cluless.

For the first time in over a season, I went along to a game (breaking a self-imposed boycott due to SFA corruption, etc) simply because I live nearby, my son gets in for nothing at Somerset (we were in the home end !!!), and I wanted to see if we were really as bad as people had been making out.    

Unfortunately, we are.   Actually that's not quite true - we're worse than that.   Maybe if I said that we made Michael Moffat and Declan McDaid look good that might give you an idea of how inept we were today.

The stories I've heard about sideways passing followed by a big hoof up the park were 100% spot on.   That's almost all we did.    On the few occasions we went up the flanks, the balls in were feeble and straight to an Ayr player.    We have no pace or invention and the quality of passing under pressure is schoolboy stuff.

I'm not convinced Ayr are a great team, but they are strong at the back, neat, pass well and are incisive going forward.   Everything that we aren't.

I was looking forward to seeing many of the players for the first time.   I thought Bell and O'Ware were fine, and would be fine as the basis for the spine of the team.   Penrice might be a decent player but not at left back.   How many times did he try to pass it down the line just as he was closed down and we lost possession ?   Loads.    McGinty is a carthorse and should never be allowed to wear the jersey again.    Melbourne looks way off the pace.    I only noticed Gordon when he mad a mess of something.    Squiddy is done based on what I saw today.    I was pleased when Spittal signed, so hoping he's just suffering from a lack of confidence.    Storey worked hard with no prospect of delivering anything.   Fitzpatrick did well when  he came on, but we shouldn't be relying on youngsters.

If the game was still on now we wouldn't have scored.   We are awful and, at times, embarrassing.    No tactics, game plan or desire.  Archie may well be a Jags legend, but his time is up.   If he doesn't get binned we are heading for a relegation battle.   And everyone knows how well we deal with those - once we finally accept we're  in one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Buckstone said:

For the first time in over a season, I went along to a game (breaking a self-imposed boycott due to SFA corruption, etc) simply because I live nearby, my son gets in for nothing at Somerset (we were in the home end !!!), and I wanted to see if we were really as bad as people had been making out.    

Unfortunately, we are.   Actually that's not quite true - we're worse than that.   Maybe if I said that we made Michael Moffat and Declan McDaid look good that might give you an idea of how inept we were today.

The stories I've heard about sideways passing followed by a big hoof up the park were 100% spot on.   That's almost all we did.    On the few occasions we went up the flanks, the balls in were feeble and straight to an Ayr player.    We have no pace or invention and the quality of passing under pressure is schoolboy stuff.

I'm not convinced Ayr are a great team, but they are strong at the back, neat, pass well and are incisive going forward.   Everything that we aren't.

I was looking forward to seeing many of the players for the first time.   I thought Bell and O'Ware were fine, and would be fine as the basis for the spine of the team.   Penrice might be a decent player but not at left back.   How many times did he try to pass it down the line just as he was closed down and we lost possession ?   Loads.    McGinty is a carthorse and should never be allowed to wear the jersey again.    Melbourne looks way off the pace.    I only noticed Gordon when he mad a mess of something.    Squiddy is done based on what I saw today.    I was pleased when Spittal signed, so hoping he's just suffering from a lack of confidence.    Storey worked hard with no prospect of delivering anything.   Fitzpatrick did well when  he came on, but we shouldn't be relying on youngsters.

If the game was still on now we wouldn't have scored.   We are awful and, at times, embarrassing.    No tactics, game plan or desire.  Archie may well be a Jags legend, but his time is up.   If he doesn't get binned we are heading for a relegation battle.   And everyone knows how well we deal with those - once we finally accept we're  in one.

Totally agree with every word excellent post...

that second goal **** me, car crash pass from mcginty to melbourne under pressure, we get dispossessed twice by an ex thistle diddy mcdaid before an assist from him. well done archie. you've signed about 50 strikers and they've done nothing, yet you sign a centre half worse than devine. outdone what even i thought you were capable of.

we are a total mess. lightweight all over. centre halfs still hoofing it, midfielders still going sideways, no dig, nothing up front. this is a relegation team with this management and squad.

i'm not even sure its just a lack of finance, archie has proven time and time again hes incapable of building a squad. 

Edited by avie-man
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, One t in Scotland said:

No he didn't. Another apologist with fake facts.

Sorry, misphrased... Recent history....

But yeah not really an apologist... just have respect for what he achieved. Also believe that his time is up and he needs to go.

Called for his head in December and we stuck by him then so can't see this being any different.

6 hours ago, One t in Scotland said:

Did he 'take us to highest finish in our history'? No. Made up stats to distort an argument.

No he didn't.  He made a mistake.  Maybe he should humbly apologize to us all for his lack knowledge of Thistle's history. The poster you quoted has consistently criticized Archie's management and called for him to go throughout this thread. He even started a separate thread titled "Archie Out - Now or Never". And you think he's the one distorting the facts?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Ok. Agreed the results he listed were selective but you're ignoring the poor performance in the rovers and morton games. Y&R doesn't need me to argue for him, but........do you expect him to list all results? Surely not. He' spot on, the two livvi games and two ayr games are of far more importance than the others.

AND he made no mention in your quote of the board. Stop making things up please. I'm angry enough tonight as it is

Again - I am not arguing against his sentiment, just his facts.

Did I mention the board in my response to him ? Or was that to Barney ?

Edited by Lenziejag

9 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Surest finishing third in the top division in the 1960s was our highest ever finish 

And did bertie auld not take us to fifth at one point 77/78ish. Jackie campbell and andy anderson were the central pairing, somner scored when he wanted. Happy days

• twinny locked this topic