Ayr vs Partick Thistle - Oh we do like to be beside the seaside...

jagfox

8 hours ago, AndyMac said:

I am fed up that the brain dead nationalistic bigots, undemocratic fascists, from the far right and the SNP, have tried to steal our national flags. They should stick with their swastika flying roots.

2 hours ago, AndyMac said:

If the Union Jack makes some people uncomfortable; tough. If it wasn't for our great/grand/parents fighting under that flag for our freedoms, we would all be living under the swastika. Furthermore, all the sensitive snowflakes out there, really would have something to worry about.

:lol:

9 hours ago, AndyMac said:

The Union Jack is the British flag.

The Saltire is the Scottish flag.

I am fed up that the brain dead nationalistic bigots, undemocratic fascists, from the far right and the SNP, have tried to steal our national flags. They should stick with their swastika flying roots.

With all due respect, sounds like a swastika might be exactly to your taste.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ScottyDFA said:

Poor argument. The Irish flag is one of many that uses the three equal vertical stripes (tricolour) layout. The Union Jack/Union Flag/Butcher's Apron is the only one which uses its very particular design.

A Union Flag rendered in red, yellow and black (or any other combination of colours) can reasonably be taken to indicate an affiliation with the Union and the blue side of Glasgow.

Really? Is this a serious post?

It's a flag FGS. That it's shape is the same as the union flag has nothing to do with it surely. If it is not red white and blue it's not a union flag. And so what if it was. How simple and uncomplicated your life must be for this crap to matter. Our team is pish, our manager is having multiple brain farts pre and during matches and some on here (not just you) want to debate a poxy flag. Have some respect for the reason behind it and place small minded bigotry in a bin where it belongs. WE ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

With all due respect, sounds like a swastika might be exactly to your taste.

Sorry andymac,  jaggernaut, this made me giggle. Otherwise thanks to thistle this would be a shitty monday morning

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Really? Is this a serious post?

It's a flag FGS. That it's shape is the same as the union flag has nothing to do with it surely. If it is not red white and blue it's not a union flag. And so what if it was. How simple and uncomplicated your life must be for this crap to matter. Our team is pish, our manager is having multiple brain farts pre and during matches and some on here (not just you) want to debate a poxy flag. Have some respect for the reason behind it and place small minded bigotry in a bin where it belongs. WE ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS.

Thanks.

Are you okay pal?

8 hours ago, AndyMac said:

Tell you something Rezjaj, we all had a vote fair and square. The people of Scotland, rightly or wrongly, voted democratically to remain part of the UK. Like it or not; Scotland remains part of Britain and the Union Jack is the British Flag.

If the Union Jack makes some people uncomfortable; tough. If it wasn't for our great/grand/parents fighting under that flag for our freedoms, we would all be living under the swastika. Furthermore, all the sensitive snowflakes out there, really would have something to worry about.

Hopefully the football will improve.

Steering things gently back to  the football but I'm not sure you're best equipped to be delivering history lessons. Just last week you were telling us that the squad under McNamara was superior to ANY subsequent squads. :)

btw my late father fought with the 15th (Scottish) Division, which amongst many other things played a great part in crossing the Rhine and the Elbe. He'd have been most amused to hear he fought under the Union Flag. Not for any inaccuracy but for the complete irrelevance. 

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Steering things gently back to  the football but I'm not sure you're best equipped to be delivering history lessons. Just last week you were telling us that the squad under McNamara was superior to ANY subsequent squads. :)

btw my late father fought with the 15th (Scottish) Division, which amongst many other things played a great part in crossing the Rhine and the Elbe. He'd have been most amused to hear he fought under the Union Flag. Not for any inaccuracy but for the complete irrelevance. 

The Saltire is the flag of the people of Scotland, nevertheless, it has been hijacked by the SNP, Siol nan Gaidheal, Settler Watch etc.

The Union Jack is the flag of the people of Britain, however, it has overtime, been hijacked by the EDL, UVF, NF, BNP, Britain First etc.

A majority of the people of Scotland voted to be Scottish and British, it doesn't make them extremists any more than people who for independence. Everyone's view is worthy and in a democracy they all count.

You add all the bigots and extremists, to the current fashion to be offended about everything, it's a blueprint for disaster.

It's good to disagree, it's healthy, to think other views and opinions are rubbish, be it football or politics. It's good that we live in a society that we are free to express our opinions and if people want to be offended by flags; then they have the right to be so, but no more than, the persons right to fly the flag in the first place.

It's the extremists that are the real problem. Not the flags.

14 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

The Saltire is the flag of the people of Scotland, nevertheless, it has been hijacked by the SNP, Siol nan Gaidheal, Settler Watch etc.

The Union Jack is the flag of the people of Britain, however, it has overtime, been hijacked by the EDL, UVF, NF, BNP, Britain First etc.

A majority of the people of Scotland voted to be Scottish and British, it doesn't make them extremists any more than people who for independence. Everyone's view is worthy and in a democracy they all count.

You add all the bigots and extremists, to the current fashion to be offended about everything, it's a blueprint for disaster.

It's good to disagree, it's healthy, to think other views and opinions are rubbish, be it football or politics. It's good that we live in a society that we are free to express our opinions and if people want to be offended by flags; then they have the right to be so, but no more than, the persons right to fly the flag in the first place.

Utter drivel 

when actually asked in the Social Attitudes Survey most Scots describe themselves as Scottish not Scottish and British add in the demographics and its only going one way 

12 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Utter drivel 

when actually asked in the Social Attitudes Survey most Scots describe themselves as Scottish not Scottish and British add in the demographics and its only going one way 

Too you...not too me.........

index.jpg

2 hours ago, AndyMac said:

It is interesting that you include legitimate political parties alongside illegal organisations on your perceived "extremists" list. You also fail to link the current high jacking of the Union Flag by the Conservative Government. 

I believe that national flags should only be flown at International matches, but each to their own. 

Lets try to get this back to a football forum, people are entitled to be passionate about politics but there are other more appropriate threads.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

For some reason my brain homed in on the result of crossing the Rhine with the Elbe, but all I could come up with was a long river in Germany with a big bend in it.

• twinny locked this topic