Ayr vs Partick Thistle - Oh we do like to be beside the seaside...

jagfox

4 minutes ago, elevenone said:

However whimsical it sounds, the only flag I am interested in is the unfurling Scottish Championship Winners one come next August. :)

Well it was fun watching Ayr balls theirs up.  You thinking we'll get an away fixture to start the season next year too? :crazy:

Can we draw a line under this flag debate? Nobody is going to convince anyone else. The topic has moved completely away from the game, if it carries on I might actually do my first bit of moderating in what feels like a decade.

24 minutes ago, twinny said:

Can we draw a line under this flag debate? Nobody is going to convince anyone else. The topic has moved completely away from the game, if it carries on I might actually do my first bit of moderating in what feels like a decade.

Agreed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, twinny said:

This thread has certainly gone off-topic, though I think the flag debate is a discussion worth having. New thread?

21 hours ago, ScottyDFA said:

An alternative name for the Union Flag in some of the UK's present and former "possessions" overseas.

Appropriate, don't you think?

Penned by Irish Nationalists in Sinn Fein & adopted by Scottish Nationalists, never heard in any of the previous colonies  

31 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Penned by Irish Nationalists in Sinn Fein & adopted by Scottish Nationalists, never heard in any of the previous colonies  

This is from 2010, taken from an "independent media" website:

Britain with brutal and violent oppression colonized over 57 countries mostly in the 16th/17th centuries. None of the countries asked to be colonized and most of them had to resort to bloody and violent insurgency to drive the British out and gain their freedom/independence back.

To the majority of those colonized the Union Jack was known as the 'Butchers Apron'. Though Britain boasted the sun never set on the British Empire, it would be more true to say, 'the sun never set and the blood of innocents never dried.'

• twinny locked this topic

I've locked the thread as anyone looking for analysis of the game (probably) won't be interested in the flag debate. Feel free to carry it on in the general forum.

If you want the posts transferred to a new thread in that forum just let me know by PM.