Archie out - Now or Never.

stuart_adam

Just now, Big Col said:

To be honest, I couldn't give a flying monkey's toss about Archibald and his future or his reputation. My concern is with PTFC. 

The fault here lies with the board who didn't want to make the clinical decision required in the summer. They did the same as the previous boards did when we got relegated. We are now in a situation were the board won't act so early in a season so are now relying on the manager to resign and the manager won't resign as he'll struggle to find a job.

I don't really want Archie hounded out of the club as he has arguably been our most successful manager in the last 40 years, stuck with us when he had offers from elsewhere and at his age its not impossible that he might come back to us later in his career. 

We should use the league money to get rid of Archie and hire a new one. It would probably be better than another player.

• Like 2

I’ve never got this stability thing .... if the club and ceo etc are stable then that allows you to change the manager whether your Watford Chelsea or Real Madrid

we seem fearful of change and our currently stability will have us playing yo an empty stadium

Archie should have been gone after the 4-0 Ross  County game ... there has been no sign of improvement for 16 months !!!!!

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Archie should have been gone after the 4-0 Ross  County game ... there has been no sign of improvement for 16 months !!!!!

I remember driving back home in the snow from that game thinking he had to go. That was such a poor performance caused by the manager getting his selection totally wrong and in particular playing a right back at left back when he had a left back on the bench. At the very least you would have thought someone would have said never ever play elliot at left back again but we all know what happened next

6 hours ago, laukat said:

He needs to go an whilst I hope one day Doolan gets a shot at being manager we need fresh ideas into the club.

Would gladly take any one of Robbie Neilson, Jim Goodwin, David Hopkin or Ian McCall

Sad to say it but i believe you are right.

Also, sad to say, it appears there's been no future planning in respect of future management. No one within, so it appears from outside looking in. I don't know if any of these guys you name will be the answer but i do know what we have now isn't working

3 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

We all know how this farce of a story ends. Archie doesn't have the ability or the know-how to get us promoted. His contract will expire at the end of the season, and the board will probably not renew it. But because they're too spineless to admit their mistakes, they'll make a statement something along the lines of of: "we offered Archibald a years extension to carry on all his good work, but he decided it was in the best interest of all involved to decline and let someone else take the ropes. We want to thank Archibald blah blah blah..." Then a new manager will come in, with limited resources because we spunked all the money on garbage this season, he will have diddies like McGinty still under contract, and he will be forced to essentially have another rebuild on his hands with less money, and Doolan and Erskine another year older. That will leave us all asking the question: "why didn't we just sack Archibald when we had the chance, so someone could actually put the resources to good use, and build a team for the future?" 

How does that sound? Think I'm in the ballpark. 

Get your boots on, your going on.  Firmly in the ball park. There are managerial option just now. Many out of work and probably be more by the end of the season but as you so eloquently say, all the money from the parachute payment will have been............gone. Few years ahead in the wilderness if the board don't act.

13 hours ago, laukat said:

He needs to go an whilst I hope one day Doolan gets a shot at being manager we need fresh ideas into the club.

Would gladly take any one of Robbie Neilson, Jim Goodwin, David Hopkin or Ian McCall

I'd be happy if Doolan could just have a shot at goal one day, not management!

I have always been a supporter of Archie, however he needs to go, not just because of yesterday’s performance but for the steady deterioration of the team in the last year. We have been on a downward slide since the start of last season including not playing particularly attractive football.

I would hate for Archie to get hounded out by disgruntled fans, particularly after what he has done for the club in the past therefore the board need to act now and relieve him of his duties before things go really sour.

Another couple of performances like yesterday will be the final straw. Hopkins and Neilson are both currently available, use the Celtic cup money as part of the package to entice either of them to take over 

15 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

I have always been a supporter of Archie, however he needs to go, not just because of yesterday’s performance but for the steady deterioration of the team in the last year. We have been on a downward slide since the start of last season including not playing particularly attractive football.

I would hate for Archie to get hounded out by disgruntled fans, particularly after what he has done for the club in the past therefore the board need to act now and relieve him of his duties before things go really sour.

Another couple of performances like yesterday will be the final straw. Hopkins and Neilson are both currently available, use the Celtic cup money as part of the package to entice either of them to take over 

Robbie Neilson is unlikely to be interested, he sees his next job as being crucial to his managerial career. He can't afford  another failure. (His own words).

He is a relative of my "in-laws" and our Board are unlikely to provide any guarantee of success.

I for one dont like anyone losing there job but i think Archie has to go  i dont think that he can motivate players now and some of his signings have been terrible however i think the board may wait until january before making a decision as his contract runs out at the end of the season

On 04/08/2018 at 5:58 PM, Chachi said:

Archie, Shaggy and all of the fitness/sports science team need to go.

Whoever scouts, deals with and/or negotiates the players deals need to go too.

Now is the time to act or this season could be worse than last.

This. (Out of likes.)

8 out of 48 league games! That's a long-term problem that hasn't been recognised, let alone fixed.

Edited by Fearchar