Archie out - Now or Never.

stuart_adam

Thistle fans, more than most, have an affinity with their manager.

We love looking back at managers past and present and can laugh at them, The Bunnet, appreciate them, McCall and idolise them, Lambie etc.

This is a part of supporting a team that other fans seem to miss out on to larger degree, but can sometimes detract from our one true aim, which is to support the Jags no matter what.

We were relegated last season. It was terrible. We've not won much, ever, but the last time I looked, I was still Thistle through and through.

I know that can be said for every member of this board and thousands of fans at home and at games.

Reading others' views is interesting to me and it seems some people love a row. The disappointment is felt by all, no matter how it's expressed.

I'll support Thistle regardless and maybe have lower expectations than some. I still have an idea of what success looks like however and some of the things happening to Thistle are beyond my wildest dreams.

Having said that, I'd be happy with a top 4 finish and a shot at getting back up.

I believe Archie and co can deliver that as they have this window and the January one to make sure it happens.

We were relegated on goal difference last year with a poor team and I have every reason to expect this years team to be no worse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

There’s fully fit and then there’s having 14 outfit players available and none were matchfit.

The players he has do not work in that formation or is his tactic to either put a cross from distance to no one or tap it square repeatedly allowing the defense to get back before humping a high ball to an isolated striker, if his tactics are actually to do nothing with the ball before hoofing it to no one, then by Christ he owns that now.

If he can’t see that Spittal is not a wingback or that Melbourne is not a right back or Storer (If he’s still with us) is a DM then god knows.  

He released 18 players in May, he’s known since then when the league and league cup would start, yet we have no backup for CF or RB no DM for start of season. He is completely unprepared. 

I think you're right, these are his tactics, that's how he sets the team up to deliberately go out and play.... ARCHIE OUT

No, again you are right, if no one was going to be available for the first game of the season, he should have just have kept the pricks who took us down. and if he didn't want to do that, he should just have signed any old pish to bolster the numbers.

7 minutes ago, potty trained said:

I think you're right, these are his tactics, that's how he sets the team up to deliberately go out and play.... ARCHIE OUT

No, again you are right, if no one was going to be available for the first game of the season, he should have just have kept the pricks who took us down. and if he didn't want to do that, he should just have signed any old pish to bolster the numbers.

If it wasn't for your previous posts I would say you were being ironic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, potty trained said:

If there not his tactics, who’s are they we’ve been playing them for over a year now, it can’t be one of the bad eggs from last year, they’ve all gone. Is it Doolan, Erskine, Spittal, Elliot, Banzo, Storey, Penrice, Keown, McCarthy or Scotty P that’s setting the tactics then if not Archie that’s all that’s there from last year, otherwise his ability to manage and train must be questioned if this isn’t his tactics then he’s lost control and either the players are (still) doing what they want or someone else is setting us up badly.  Players can forget plans, tactics etc every now and again, but we’ve played the same style consistently for over a year, so who sets them?

He knew in May both Elliot & McCarthy were suspended 1st league game, he also removed the “pricks who took us down” in May, plenty of time to plan. The only person that actually took us down was the manager himself as by his own admission with his interview he had lost the dressing room if players didn’t care, wouldn’t follow tactics etc. He bought them, he trained them, he motivates them, he still bloody picked them. His fault no one else’s. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

If there not his tactics, who’s are they we’ve been playing them for over a year now, it can’t be one of the bad eggs from last year, they’ve all gone. Is it Doolan, Erskine, Spittal, Elliot, Banzo, Storey, Penrice, Keown, McCarthy or Scotty P that’s setting the tactics then if not Archie that’s all that’s there from last year, otherwise his ability to manage and train must be questioned if this isn’t his tactics then he’s lost control and either the players are (still) doing what they want or someone else is setting us up badly.  Players can forget plans, tactics etc every now and again, but we’ve played the same style consistently for over a year, so who sets them?

He knew in May both Elliot & McCarthy were suspended 1st league game, he also removed the “pricks who took us down” in May, plenty of time to plan. The only person that actually took us down was the manager himself as by his own admission with his interview he had lost the dressing room if players didn’t care, wouldn’t follow tactics etc. He bought them, he trained them, he motivates them, he still bloody picked them. His fault no one else’s. 

you don't think he has a plan in place to target players he wants? :lol:

do you think he's just winging it, checking his emails every day, hoping someone knocks the door wanting a game at right back?

1 minute ago, potty trained said:

do you think he's just winging it, checking his emails every day, hoping someone knocks the door wanting a game at right back?

That would explain his lack of early signings for last season when we "knew which division we'd be playing in following gaining a top six place"!

• Like 1

Don't take much notice of Potty Trained folks. He's been so catastrophically off the mark and off the pulse for the past 18 months of Archie's tenure that he is forced to double down on every statement and action the gaffer makes (or doesn't). 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

6 minutes ago, potty trained said:

You could be much nearer the truth than you think!

1 hour ago, potty trained said:

If there is an ever increasing number who want him sacked now, then they should take a step back and ask themselves what sacking your manager after 1 league game looks like to the outside world. and by the outside world I mean agents, prospective managers, prospective players and even current players

A new board, a new Chairman appointed, and their first real action is to sack the manager after one game, a day or two after the chief exec has come out and said the manager is the right man, everyone is working to the same goal, together as a team????

we would be crucified and no one would want to come near a club that treats the manager like that.

"yeah, we're going to give you the chance to right the wrongs, lets spend all summer building a plan that will get us there, we'll review it on an ongoing basis. Doolan and Erskine, spittal, storey, many others all taken a wage cut to stay and fight (maybe for the man they respect)".... nah **** it, get him out of here, now.

And in a nutshell that is how you are so wrong. It’s not after 1 game it’s after 18 months of it not working. Don’t you worry about managers there will be plenty out there who want the job and some will probably have a better CV than Archie and managed at a higher level. Let’s movd on this team needs freshened up from top to bottom

15 minutes ago, potty trained said:

Does not look like he has targets, or he’s waiting on the bargain bucket coming out end of August

McGinty was a recommendation from Balatoni

O’Ware was a done deal apparently in February regardless of league 

Storer was recommended by an agent and Archie believed he was a striker till he played in a bounce game for us (Archie’s own words in a Jagszone interview)

Bell was through Kenny Arthur

8 minutes ago, Ruchillnomore said:

And in a nutshell that is how you are so wrong. It’s not after 1 game it’s after 18 months of it not working. Don’t you worry about managers there will be plenty out there who want the job and some will probably have a better CV than Archie and managed at a higher level. Let’s movd on this team needs freshened up from top to bottom

No. Its 9ne league game since our board broke from the norm and backed him. 

2 minutes ago, potty trained said:

No. Its 9ne league game since our board broke from the norm and backed him. 

they've been backing him for a lot longer than one league game. I admire your faith in Archie but it is time that the winds of change blew through the draughty corridors of old firhill...

5 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Does not look like he has targets, or he’s waiting on the bargain bucket coming out end of August

McGinty was a recommendation from Balatoni

O’Ware was a done deal apparently in February regardless of league 

Storer was recommended by an agent and Archie believed he was a striker till he played in a bounce game for us (Archie’s own words in a Jagszone interview)

Bell was through Kenny Arthur

Where did you hear Balatoni recommended McGinty?

Do you think the vast majority are agent recommendations? I'd imagine that's how football works these days.

In what way was Bell through Arthur? 

2 minutes ago, potty trained said:

Does he do the contract negotiations too? He's a busy man.

Come on big yin, how many excuses can you make for him?

Late with signings last summer even after being told business would be done early.

No signings at winter, relying on injuries returning fit and too form.

Not enough players to fill a subs bench not only on Saturday but also against Morton and Stenny .

Our performances are poor

Our tactics are crap

Our results last 16 months have been shocking

Our squad is wafer thin

Entertainment is nonexistent 

Majority of fans have had enough now and want change, the club is sliding fast downhill 

11 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Come on big yin, how many excuses can you make for him?

Late with signings last summer even after being told business would be done early.

No signings at winter, relying on injuries returning fit and too form.

Not enough players to fill a subs bench not only on Saturday but also against Morton and Stenny .

Our performances are poor

Our tactics are crap

Our results last 16 months have been shocking

Our squad is wafer thin

Entertainment is nonexistent 

Majority of fans have had enough now and want change, the club is sliding fast downhill 

You're right he's done nothing. All summer Gerry's been sitting about waiting and waiting and waiting for him to come to him with a list of targets. And obviously because it's an old pals act this sitting about doing nothing is completely acceptable inside Firhill. They're just there for a jolly. 

1 minute ago, potty trained said:

You're right he's done nothing. All summer Gerry's been sitting about waiting and waiting and waiting for him to come to him with a list of targets. And obviously because it's an old pals act this sitting about doing nothing is completely acceptable inside Firhill. They're just there for a jolly. 

Or his targets either don’t want to play for us/him or those that will are completely out our budget, or other scenario the board isn’t backing him regardless of any statements made

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Or his targets either don’t want to play for us/him or those that will are completely out our budget, or other scenario the board isn’t backing him regardless of any statements made

Think this may be nearer the mark. Which if true; really is despicable way to treat both Archie and the support.

Something doesn't add up in all of this?

3 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

Think this may be nearer the mark. Which if true; really is despicable way to treat both Archie and the support.

Something doesn't add up in all of this?

Be seen as the board the sack the guy that even on Saturday some guys were chanting his name, who has (had) legend status, or decide to give him the minimum backing allow for either his contract to whimper out in May or for fan pressure to force Archie’s hand and walk.

If they minimum back him and he fails it’s on him, if he succeeds they are seen as doing right thing and sticking by him.

For the record I don’t believe he’ll walk regardless 

First point. I supported keeping archie on despite the results. I was wrong.  Sometimes you have to admit it otherwise you look rather foolish. The facts speak for themself. Is it all down to archie? Probably not......but football is a harsh game albeit pretty well rewarded. On the evidence in 2018 we have been absysmal. Time for change. End of story. 

• Like 1