Archie out - Now or Never.

stuart_adam

30 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Or his targets either don’t want to play for us/him or those that will are completely out our budget, or other scenario the board isn’t backing him regardless of any statements made

So when it comes to budgets, that's not really his fault. Yet he's getting blames for being ubderprepared to start the season.

28 minutes ago, Ruchillnomore said:

PT being pedantic and stupid all at the same time is not an endearing feature especially when you are pleading the case for continued mediocrity under Archie. Let it go and accept that this club needs a new chapter as eventually the feeble board will capitulate under fan pressure 

Pedantic? In a thread full of sweeping generalisations and folk passing their opinion off as fact to suit their Archie Out agenda, it really requires someone to call out the pish that's getting spouted by them, on here. 

• Like 1

Just now, potty trained said:

So when it comes to budgets, that's not really his fault. Yet he's getting blames for being ubderprepared to start the season.

Well he spunked the budget last year giving us the worst performance since the bunnet on the highest wage and transfer cost in decades, I can understand why (if that’s the reason) the board haven’t backed him.

But the other scenarios that no one wants to sign for him or his list is a sham still could stand true

54 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

No, we weren't. We were relegated after two play-off games where out manager was out-thought and our players were outplayed and outfought. 

Fair enough but goal difference put us in the play-offs.

Anyway, my point is around the fact that I'll be surprised if we are worse than last year over the whole season.

A season in which goal difference contributed to our relegation.

If we are no worse than last season, I'm sure we'll reach the play-offs.

That is how I'll be measuring Thistle and the management team this season.

23 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Be seen as the board the sack the guy that even on Saturday some guys were chanting his name, who has (had) legend status, or decide to give him the minimum backing allow for either his contract to whimper out in May or for fan pressure to force Archie’s hand and walk.

If they minimum back him and he fails it’s on him, if he succeeds they are seen as doing right thing and sticking by him.

For the record I don’t believe he’ll walk regardless 

Who were these people chanting the managers name? The audacity of some folk!

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Well he spunked the budget last year giving us the worst performance since the bunnet on the highest wage and transfer cost in decades, I can understand why (if that’s the reason) the board haven’t backed him.

But the other scenarios that no one wants to sign for him or his list is a sham still could stand true

That might be a lot of shite too and your whole post here is just your opinion being made to read like fact.

I am of the sentiment that no matter what has gone on during the close season we are not prepared as a team for this season

Only one person carries that responsibility and it is Archibald

Last season was a disaster but board room level changes n the offing probably made it easier for everyone concerned to reinstate Archibald along with some waffle of how 'expenditure on players would remain the same to facilitate our immediate promotion'

Ten games in, if we have not won at least seven of them he should be sacked, simple as

Just now, potty trained said:

Pedantic? In a thread full of sweeping generalisations and folk passing their opinion off as fact to suit their Archie Out agenda, it really requires someone to call out the pish that's getting spouted by them, on here. 

Right ok I agree slightly harsh but you honestly have to let it go. I would have given a manager the sack just for Saturdays performance alone. The main point though is there is no longer agreeing to disagree as something has to happen now. 

The squad needs bolstered by quality and we have till the end of the month who is the man for that job ??????

3 minutes ago, Ruchillnomore said:

Right ok I agree slightly harsh but you honestly have to let it go. I would have given a manager the sack just for Saturdays performance alone. The main point though is there is no longer agreeing to disagree as something has to happen now. 

The squad needs bolstered by quality and we have till the end of the month who is the man for that job ??????

I have to let it go? What? Just don't voice my opinion and let a wee cabal carry out posting away.

Maybe the folk who want him sacked should let it go and get behind the team and manager and be that 12th man we claim to be. 

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Jesus what a laugh.....I’ve just realized that the manager isn’t actually responsible for anything, will eventually get it right but if he doesn’t it’s not his responsibility......

8 wins from 48 league games

Which is not what I've said. The irony being the folk who want him sacked blame him for everything.

9 minutes ago, potty trained said:

Here’s the fact since we secured top6

League games Won 8 Drew 10 lost 27 Goals for 36 Goals against 82 (Eighty Two)

That’s us getting a goal every game and a half yet we still only have 1 striker

Thats us losing a goal every half of every game, yet we have no DM or cover for RB

We had the lowest shots on target in the league last season.

We scraped past Albion, Stenny & Morton this LC and got pumped from Ayr 

Ayr again walked all over us on Saturday 

We are heading backwards, we’re not rebounding back. 

If Archie is the man where’s the performances, the signings, the entertainment the bloody enthusiasm at Firhill.

Our style of football is crap, it’s boring, it’s one dimensional and opponents worked it out years ago.

If he stays till May the only play off we make will be for 1st division 

5 minutes ago, potty trained said:

I have to let it go? What? Just don't voice my opinion and let a wee cabal carry out posting away.

Maybe the folk who want him sacked should let it go and get behind the team and manager and be that 12th man we claim to be. 

You sir have officially lost the plot nobody was talking about not voicing your opinion but because at least 10  posters to your 1 want him out does not make them any less a supporter or 12th man than you. In fact if there had been an exit poll of supporters walking out of Somerset park on Saturday then Archie would have been the equivalent of UKIP GONE GONE GONE. The point being you are asking people who are watching this garbage to pay good money eventually money talks and it stays firmly in your pocket. Not good if you are trying to win promotion but hey ho PT keep clicking those red shoes together and looking for the wizard of Boz

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Does not look like he has targets, or he’s waiting on the bargain bucket coming out end of August

McGinty was a recommendation from Balatoni

O’Ware was a done deal apparently in February regardless of league 

Storer was recommended by an agent and Archie believed he was a striker till he played in a bounce game for us (Archie’s own words in a Jagszone interview)

Bell was through Kenny Arthur

Pogba was a recommendation by Abdul Osman- who kept saying in the captains page of the program that in the summer he had been telling the manager to sign him and telling pogba to sign and that he Abdul wanted to get his share for the credit for this signing.  

Funnily enough as the season progressed and people began realising what a bombscare signing pogba was - Abdul tended not to mention his involvement again 

8 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Our style of football is crap, it’s boring, it’s one dimensional and opponents worked it out years ago.

This. Must be so easy for opposition teams. It was said long ago but nothing has changed. Prove me wrong Archie/Gerry/whoever does recruitment at Thistle, get 5 truly decent signings in where we can all go "shit, really didn't see that coming" and look like we can compete in this division. Sad thing is first half at Ayr people were getting angry at the performance second half there was apathy.

3 minutes ago, Colognejag said:

This. Must be so easy for opposition teams. It was said long ago but nothing has changed. Prove me wrong Archie/Gerry/whoever does recruitment at Thistle, get 5 truly decent signings in where we can all go "shit, really didn't see that coming" and look like we can compete in this division. Sad thing is first half at Ayr people were getting angry at the performance second half there was apathy.

Probably no chance of getting 5 decent signings , there were players who could have helped us Freddi Franz , Nicky Clark , El Bakhtaoui who are all better than we've got but if we had been serious about promotion we would have competed for that type of player .

Dread to think what we'll get now , we need proven first team players who will make a difference at this level not like the signings so far Shea Gordon , Max Melbourne who are basically reserve team players . Doubtful " the  4 players short " will be signed before Saturday 

1 hour ago, Ruchillnomore said:

You sir have officially lost the plot nobody was talking about not voicing your opinion but because at least 10  posters to your 1 want him out does not make them any less a supporter or 12th man than you. In fact if there had been an exit poll of supporters walking out of Somerset park on Saturday then Archie would have been the equivalent of UKIP GONE GONE GONE. The point being you are asking people who are watching this garbage to pay good money eventually money talks and it stays firmly in your pocket. Not good if you are trying to win promotion but hey ho PT keep clicking those red shoes together and looking for the wizard of Boz

So far you've called me stupid and said I've lost the plot. Excuse me if I  don't give two shits what you've got to say