Archie out - Now or Never.

stuart_adam

8 hours ago, javeajag said:

8 wins from 40 and people are getting angry ? How unreasonable 

A thread full of p!sh, goodness lads really.

And PT & I get pelters for saying give Archie till Christmas?!

Some of you boys need to take a hard look at yersels. This is Thistle, no the Old Firm. Get real. We have a low budget, we learn, we improve.

Get behind the Jags...

• Like 1

Ok Sandy. We all want the best. At my most charitable, I wait to see the the signings made in the next couple of days. They have to be some truly good ones. We look so short of a team aspiring to get promotion purely in terms of personnel (tactics/hunger is another matter). As I said before, I would gladly be proved wrong. 

31 minutes ago, sandy said:

Some of you boys need to take a hard look at yersels. This is Thistle, no the Old Firm. Get real. We have a low budget, we learn, we improve.

Get behind the Jags...

So, we now have gone from a competitive budget, to push for promotion, to a low budget? Which one is it?

57 minutes ago, sandy said:

Get behind the Jags...

we haven't learned, we haven't improved. That's the point.

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Get behind the Jags...

Totally delusional .....we have one if the best budgets in the division ....better than Ayr’s......

we are sinking fast 

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Get behind the Jags...

I,m now totally convinced that you must be  related to Archibald.  We learn, we improve , jesus feck.   That's the crux , we are going backwards. A financially stable club with its own training facilities in the pipeline thanks to the weirs should be in a position of strength and improving.  A position which many clubs would love to be in but the advantage has been lost due to the fact that the board have continued to back a man who should have been dismissed after our relegation was realised.  A relegation playoff we should have avoided.

48 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

I,m now totally convinced that you must be  related to Archibald.  We learn, we improve , jesus feck.   That's the crux , we are going backwards. A financially stable club with its own training facilities in the pipeline thanks to the weirs should be in a position of strength and improving.  A position which many clubs would love to be in but the advantage has been lost....

And we find ourselves in a difficult position. But no one said being a Jag was easy and I take great pride in the fact that the people who work with him 7 days a week stood strong and did things differently and put faith in a man who knows the club inside out. It may prove to be a wrong decision but it won't be the last wrong decidion in the 40 odd years I've got left watching Thistle. So right now I'm going to give everything I can to support this team. Every breath, every cheer. Do everything to support the team and the manager. Because doing anything less would be the easy way out and by Christ, imagine if we backed him. Backed the team, and we got out of this league and it turned out to be the right decision? Wouldn't that be some achievement? Wouldn't that fill you with pride that you played your part?

Fixed that for you.

9 hours ago, potty trained said:

What's Ayrs budget?

ayrs avg attendences 1500, total assets half ours, cash in bank 10% of ours , 2 divisions below us tv money etc

yes we have a larger balance sheet and hence a bigger budget 

they have one better asset currently their manager 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Always a zoomer.....

ayrs avg attendences 1500, total assets half ours, cash in bank 10% of ours , 2 divisions below us tv money etc

yes we have a larger balance sheet and hence a bigger budget 

they have one better asset currently their manager 

So you don't know their budget. Or ours. Cool.

7 hours ago, mulguy jag said:

I can't fault your optimism PT but if Archibald gets us out of this league it will not be an achievement , it will be a miracle.

And if we don't, we don't. That's just the way it goes. I've supported thistle for 30 years, so I'm a wee bit less demanding of instant/constant success. 

I've cheered, I've boo'd. By Christ in the DC era did I really fckin boo'd! I've seen an array of hapless boardrooms, I've seen arrogant boardrooms. This is the first time I've seen a professional one. 

I'd rather spend my time supporting the players and manager, it's better for the soul. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. The world won't stop spinning, I'll still be a Jag next season and the season after that. 

No one can really predict how this season will turn out until the squad is finalised.

The disappointing thing is that the squad is so far away from being finalised on the cusp of league game two.

I understand the rhetoric that the English window shutting early will create opportunities, but we are in uncharted territory with that, and just as equally the opposite might be the fact. Certainly this market distortion has not stopped 3 other teams in our league signing 10+ players already.

I have always supported Archie, and I suppose, on reflection, we should wait and see how his squad ends up, and then judge him a few games after. It is with great disappointment that I do not expect him to meet expectations this season though. I hope I am wrong, I will take no delight in it, and like PT, whatever happens next season I will be supporting our team.

I can totally understand the frustration of some, but we all have opinions, passionately held, but no one is more right than someone else - we all have the good of Thistle at heart.

Reading this thread takes me back to OLAS days when there were often great big scraps between people online (was it Barry Clark v someone that was the pinnacle of that?!). People have opinions, but the only opinions which will decide the fate of Archie are those of the Board, and of course that may well be influenced by supporter viewpoints but it will ultimately take into account many other factors, we are not aware of (not least budgeting issues, rightly or wrongly).

So, if you accept, we all have opinions but none are more right than others (as they are simply opinions), we all want our team to thrive, and the future of Archie is not within our (as supporters) direct control. For me, that means a lot of virtual blood is being spilled on this and other threads needlessly.

As a final point, the support for the team until the second goal last Saturday was actually very good. The singing was strong and supportive. The argument that the fans negativity feed onto the players is a valid one, but equally the players have a responsibility not to lose the fans support which I am sure on Saturday, like Saturday past, will be there from the first minute until the players performances or tactics cause it to be entirely eroded. I am sure we all hope that there is no erosion!

Edited by jaf
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, sandy said:

Get behind the Jags...

I'm not sure about giving Archie til Christmas, certainly think we would need to see improvement before then. But will solidly support your view that this is a thread full of p!sh.