Glasgow Gyms And Libraries Shut

stevie inglis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glasgow gyms and libraries shut today.....

Fekkers on strike..

Sack em all

http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18252

"Culture and Sport Glasgow's management proposals include a pay freeze, payment of all overtime at single time, and the removal of six public holidays as premium payment days. In addition, staff are expected to absorb losses of up to £1500 per year from their paypackets as the opening hours of a number of CSG-managed venues (including museums and sports centres) are cut."

Pay freeze.....Welcome to the real world

No higher rate of OT ......Dont do it then

Six public holidays at normal rate .......I only get the big four public holidays a year..........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glasgow gyms and libraries shut today.....

Fekkers on strike..

Sack em all

http://discuss.glasgowguide.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18252

"Culture and Sport Glasgow's management proposals include a pay freeze, payment of all overtime at single time, and the removal of six public holidays as premium payment days. In addition, staff are expected to absorb losses of up to £1500 per year from their paypackets as the opening hours of a number of CSG-managed venues (including museums and sports centres) are cut."

Pay freeze.....Welcome to the real world

No higher rate of OT ......Dont do it then

Six public holidays at normal rate .......I only get the big four public holidays a year..........

Dry yer eyes. A £1500 pay cut? Good luck to them.

A spokesman for Culture and Sport Glasgow said: "Around one-in-seven of our staff voted for strike action and the trade unions are fully aware that the public sector is not immune from the current financial crisis.

"We have consistently made it clear that our priority is to protect both services and jobs.

"In order to make the savings necessary to achieve this, we must change the way we work - or be forced to consider job cuts."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8652514.stm

Its not a pay cut in real terms...loss of OT is not a pay cut....if they dont like it they can go work for a private gym at 13k...

Library staff on 20k ffsss

The bankers will still be creaming it off, of course.

Calm your jets - the vast majority of us are simple hard-working tax payers. Don't let the politicians scape-goating fool you.

My salary has dropped from £40k to £34k over the last two years. Colleagues have had the same. But this "shared pain" keeps some staff in jobs therefore is totally the right thing to do. If only these striking public sector workers had this attitude...

Calm your jets - the vast majority of us are simple hard-working tax payers. Don't let the politicians scape-goating fool you.

My salary has dropped from £40k to £34k over the last two years. Colleagues have had the same. But this "shared pain" keeps some staff in jobs therefore is totally the right thing to do. If only these striking public sector workers had this attitude...

Apologies for any misunderstanding; I certainly didn't mean everybody who works in the banking industry when I mentioned "bankers". But I'm sure you'll know exactly what type of bankers I mean.

Yup, same here, 20% pay cut last year and no sign of it improving. Rather that than have no job at all.

Some public sector workers get right on my tit ends sometimes.

Pay Freeze---lucky them i HAD to take a pay cut roughly about £1200 a year and then 9 months later the place shut

No higher rate of O/T--o deary me what a shame dont do it then least youve got a feckin job

Six public holidays at normal rate----pack yer job in then and get 365 days holiday every year

Edited by Jaggyman

Yes its a race to the bottom, how dare workers stand up for themselves

Nonsense its about people realising that cuts are going to have to be made and as long as the cuts are from top to bottom( e.g everyone loses 5% of their wages )then its fair. Its better to lose 5% of your wages than your job.In saying that it didnt do me any good we took a pay cut to save 100 extra people being made redundant, but 9 months later they closed my branch down.At the end of the day if a company wants to cut wages it can All it has to do is give you notice that its terminating your contract and offer you a new contract at the revised conditions.

There is a lot of ill informed bollox in this thread.Many Public public sector workers have had Pay CUTS over the last few years.I myself lost 3k off my wages and seen many workers on 15k or less have their salary reduced.We do live in the real world and the strikers who are coming out are doing it to protect their jobs and their families IN THE REAL WORLD.

Public services are about to get slashed and when you can't get your children a decent education or your bins emptied or your road fixed try complaining then

There is a lot of ill informed bollox in this thread.Many Public public sector workers have had Pay CUTS over the last few years.I myself lost 3k off my wages and seen many workers on 15k or less have their salary reduced.We do live in the real world and the strikers who are coming out are doing it to protect their jobs and their families IN THE REAL WORLD.

Public services are about to get slashed and when you can't get your children a decent education or your bins emptied or your road fixed try complaining then

Yes, and isn't it very funny that your govenment has set aside fourteen billions of pounds (or do you now have Euros like us?) to bomb the skeida out of the Afghanis? (And they also call it 'stabilisation', like in Iraq) When your schools have hardly any resources and your roads are full of holes. Great sense of humour the British. Very funny indeed, if you understood, Finnish of course.

Edited by Semi Nurainen