Thistle vs Falkirk - Relegation Decider?

jagfox

3 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

I have no idea what the statistical likelihood is of any football match ending in a draw. I also have no idea what your point is.

Simple on past performance we will win one in four league games

the statistical model predicted we would lose the playoff 

7 hours ago, javeajag said:

What’s Archie’s win ratio ? About 25 % ?......will be higher at home I suspect so given falkirk are a little unknown ......we have  what 50/50 chance of getting a draw ?

10 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So, we draw 50% of our games and win 25%. Therefore, 45 points over a season. That should resolve the relegation debate.

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

So, we draw 50% of our games and win 25%. Therefore, 45 points over a season. That should resolve the relegation debate.

If the trend continues 

great goal though we avoid relegation but in this plus side Archie leaves as we didn’t get promoted 

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

The model is flawed, it doesn’t take into account the level we are playing at or any change in personnel and tactics.

On 09/08/2018 at 12:24 AM, watties wallies said:

this season i have attended morton and ayr at home and albion and ayr away

and before that livi home and away in the play offs

in all of these games, apart from the first half against morton, and yes even the albion rovers match we have been dire, bloody awful

tactically inept, no fighting spirit, no leadership on the park

some of the players wearing the red and yellow wouldn't get a game with the local pub team

this has got to change now, enough is enough 

our finances have been sorted, we will soon have a new training facility

we as supporters don't expect to win every game, or always play attractive, attacking football

but we do expect is a  thistle team that is professionally organised, playing as a team and having the energy to last 90 minutes

but unfortunately win lose or draw this saturday nothing will change

as someone has previously posted, the wagons are circling, the status quo will be maintained

i await " the next big moment" with bated breath

always thistle,    watties wallies

Post of the season so far, imho. Sums up my thoughts better than i could. I'm Sad this is the case but true nonethless.

Just now, javeajag said:

Just watched Archie’s pre match interview on jagzone....

i do wonder about the comms team.....no questions on new players, no update on the squad

Maybe difficult questions aren't allowed. But Gerry Britton mentioned 2 signings imminent. Maybe Gerry has taken over Archie's signing announcements.

53 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Just watched Archie’s pre match interview on jagzone....

i do wonder about the comms team.....no questions on new players, no update on the squad

Let me run a scenario past you.

Fans on here and through the survey run by the PTFC Trust state they are not happy about some info being in Jagzone which they have to pay for. Club think about it and start putting messages from Chief Exec out free to view. On a day when the comms team know they are interviewing both the Chief Exec and manager they direct the questions re signings, playing squad to the Chief Exec as they know that this will be available to all fans.

Does that sound plausible to you or at we now at the point the club can't do right for doing wrong?

Edited by Fawlty Towers
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Would like to see us line up along these lines tmrw

Bell

Elliot,O’Ware,Keown,Penrice

McCarthy,Slater

Spittal,Erskine,Fitzpatrick

Storey

Using Doolan and Storer as impact subs

Only difference I would have is to put Penrice at Left centre defence and put Melbourne at left back

Unfortunately our 2 best central defenders are very much right sided. So its either McGinty or Penrice at left centre back and O'Ware or Keown on the right. At the moment O'Ware looks like our best player.

However its difficult to pick a competitive starting eleven as there such glaring holes in the squad. e.g. Neither McCarthy or Slater are really defensive midfielders but we simply have no-one else. That's a pretty bad state of affairs when you are going into the 6th competitive game of the season.

If Falkirk can defend reasonably well then I'm not confident as we are easy to score against on the counter attack as our lack of midfield defense puts too much pressure on a defence that is brand new and needs time to gel

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Let me run a scenario past you.

Fans on here and through the survey run by the PTFC Trust state they are not happy about some info being in Jagzone which they have to pay for. Club think about it and start putting messages from Chief Exec out free to view. On a day when the comms team know they are interviewing both the Chief Exec and manager they direct the questions re signings, playing squad to the Chief Exec as they know that this will be available to all fans.

Does that sound plausible to you or at we now at the point the club can't do right for doing wrong?

Not unreasonable though I’m not sure why you wouldn’t ask the manager for his views 

maybe to take some pressure off him 

football is a funny old game

tomorrows fixture against the bairns, both of us have not really got out of second gear

just say for instance you are the falkirk manager, which of our players would you think could cause you problems?

imo i would say erskine for his technical skill and creative play

and of course doolan  half a chance and ra baw is in ra net

now this season we have certainly not played to doolans' strength,  that is ra baw on ra deck

not crosses coming in at 10 feet up in the air

not big punts up to him with at least 2 big centre halfs clearing their lines with ease

now take erskine imo he is the only one that tries to take the ball forward in an effort to create chances

the problem with erskine is that when he does get the ball and tries to push forward, there isn't one thistle player that makes a forward run with him to draw defenders

that's why he usually gets caught in possession, opposition players just crowd him out

when we have possession and moving forward the midfield at least should push on  and support the forwards

in other words we attack as a team and defend as a team  ......simple!

i have no idea what team archie will play tomorrow, for myself i would certainly give penrice a chance at left mid

if we play with real passion and belief we will win tomorrow however if we go with our usual cautious approach and square ball passes then who knows

so lets get behind the team from the off        we are thistle  

let's not forget Davie McParland tomorrow a true thistle legend, a sad day, but many happy memories

Wouldn’t class tomorrow as a relegation decider, but we’re in danger of getting stuck in a losing rut (if not already).

A win and good performance will do wonders for morale, a win and poor performance will buy some time to work on the performance.

Poor performance and defeat, and the pressure mounts, plus the anger and frustration from the fans.

Not sure what team or tactics (Hopefully a change from the monotonous side ball, big punt to no-one) for tomorrow, we really need some speed and (forward) movement, be interesting to see if we can field a full subs bench, not heard of anyone injured.

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Wouldn’t class tomorrow as a relegation decider, but we’re in danger of getting stuck in a losing rut (if not already).

A win and good performance will do wonders for morale, a win and poor performance will buy some time to work on the performance.

Poor performance and defeat, and the pressure mounts, plus the anger and frustration from the fans.

Not sure what team or tactics (Hopefully a change from the monotonous side ball, big punt to no-one) for tomorrow, we really need some speed and (forward) movement, be interesting to see if we can field a full subs bench, not heard of anyone injured.

Summed up very well, Norge.

Bit weird tomorrow in so much as I don't feel there's much interest in who starts and who doesn't. Or similarly what formation we play. As you say some speed and forward movement is required. 

Kris & Chris need to perform. These are the guys who can inspire this team. Young Aidan has the ability but needs help as it can’t all be left to him. Blair Sittal needs to play at the level of his first 2 months. Tam O’Ware should be captain in my opinion. If that lot happens (or most of it) we might have a chance tomorrow