Thistle vs Falkirk - Relegation Decider?

jagfox

Bell

Elliot,O’Ware,Mcginty,Penrice

McCarthy,Slater

Spittal,Erskine,  Storey

Doolan

How we deal with Haber and the second balls that will come from Falkirk punting the ball at him all game will be key.  Big game for McCarthy - need him to step up and break up play and win second balls. Allow Slater to concentrate on being creative. 

1 minute ago, Alan Murray said:

Bell

Elliot,O’Ware,Mcginty,Penrice

McCarthy,Slater

Spittal,Erskine,  Storey

Doolan

How we deal with Haber and the second balls that will come from Falkirk punting the ball at him all game will be key.  Big game for McCarthy - need him to step up and break up play and win second balls. Allow Slater to concentrate on being creative. 

Think Storer will start but as to who he replaces I'm uncertain

12 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Not sure what team or tactics (Hopefully a change from the monotonous side ball, big punt to no-one) for tomorrow, we really need some speed and (forward) movement, be interesting to see if we can field a full subs bench, not heard of anyone injured.

The "monotonous sideball" isn't a tactic, it's a case of players being too tentative and playing the tactics at too slow a pace - it means opposition gets time to cover everyone and there's no space for anything but a side or back pass.  Players need to get confident and pass more sharply and give more movement to offer pass options.  Short term it's the players' fault, if it goes on long term then the management are failing somewhere,  Too early at the moment to say, though hopefully players back and more signings soon will fix it.  A win, however jammy, would help as it might give players confidence to play more aggressively (in footballing sense).

40 minutes ago, Big Col said:

I'd like to see something like - 

Bell

Elliott  O'Ware  Keown  Melbourne

Spittal  Storer  Erskine  Penrice

Doolan  Storey

But I think it will be the old 4231 with the same lack of cutting edge and creativity.

If that is the team that is anounced as I an driving to the game, I m turning round and going home. 

Last year taught us you need central midfielders .

Edited by erty13
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Britton says, unless I misheard we need four players to add to the 'quality we've already got'.

Absolutely incredible.

The word quality is usually mis-used to infer good quality.  Maybe Britton was simply using the word correctly.

Very positive performance so far.  Storey dynamic through the middle and using his body well to secure the ball and drive at the opposition. Penrice clever run into the box and deserved the luck with the deflection at the end. No luck about Erskine’s goal. Combined with Christie, beat  X players in trademark run and brilliant finish. He has still got it! 

Christie an inspiring captain. Absolutely bossed his side of the pitch.

Just hope we keep playing positively with well-timed subs and do not revert to a have and hold mentality.

• Like 1