Thistle vs Falkirk - Relegation Decider?

jagfox

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Good all round performance.Great goal by Erskine. Storey was great in the first half but he got caught offside a lot in the second.Thought I seen our ex captain Abdul Osman, anybody else see him?

Saw him with his kids ( I presume)-wasn't getting a lot of attention from fans. Memories of last season still raw....

11 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Good win.

Paul Paton's An ********.

Nuff said for now...

Changing the subject but you were one of the guys who got the fantastic John Lambie flag for the John Lambie stand - I must admit to being clueless how to get a thing made up but any chance we could also get a Davie McParland one? Would be delighted to contribute 

20 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Changing the subject but you were one of the guys who got the fantastic John Lambie flag for the John Lambie stand - I must admit to being clueless how to get a thing made up but any chance we could also get a Davie McParland one? Would be delighted to contribute 

The club still has 2000 from Dougie McRae. 

I'm sick of flags but I'll see what can be done...

• Like 1

By all accounts we played well, and had speed and attacked, good to score twice and very important 3 points. Seems Archie got the tactics right, so well done on that too.

When I state “ by all accounts “ today was the first time since pre-Jagszone when the Nomad show was running that I’ve either not been at the game or tuned in to Shuggie’s show or Jagszone regardless where I was in the world, at 2pm (Norway time) I just couldn’t be bothered, appetite for the game had gone so I went for lunch and drinks and never checked phone till after 6,  pleasantly surprised with result and comments. 

Being superstitious I’ll have to leave the commentary offfor next game too.

Lets not get carried away though, one battle does not win a war, but can point us in that direction.

Onwards to Tuesday 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Incredible work mate. Thank you for what you have done 

I thought I saw a Davie McParland flag today. It was part of the clapping ceremony in the middle of the pitch. It was then carried to the corner of the John Lambie Stand nearest to the entrance/exit and laid over the seats there. I presumed this was as a preparation for it being fully installed on the back wall  of the JLS for the next home game.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I thought I saw a Davie McParland flag today. It was part of the clapping ceremony in the middle of the pitch. It was then carried to the corner of the John Lambie Stand nearest to the entrance/exit and laid over the seats there. I presumed this was as a preparation for it being fully installed on the back wall  of the JLS for the next home game.

That’s great mate - apologies I hadn’t realised that

Thought everyone was decent today, although Christie got caught out a couple of times in 2nd half. I am yet to be convinced by Storer. Didn’t see the point in bringing Erskine off at the end for Wilson. At that point we had 4 young inexperienced players on the pitch which could have been more costly than it was.

Thought everyone was decent today, although Christie got caught out a couple of times in 2nd half. I am yet to be convinced by Storer. Didn’t see the point in bringing Erskine off at the end for Wilson. At that point we had 4 young inexperienced players on the pitch which could have been more costly than it was.

Great to see much more hunger in the whole team  today. Every single player showed fight, energy and desire to compete when Falkirk had the ball. The opposite of the game last week. That is the one thing we expect from our team, so well done. Falkirk were poor, very poor but like to think we made them look poor due to our fight, like Ayr did to us...

Falkirk did have the free kick that came off the bar and luckily came off Bell and then just wide, then an almost open goal missed and their consolation goal. At the end Elliott was looking a liability in defence. 

#provemewrongarchie has started. Get the team playing like like that every week and the four new decent players we are waiting for to have quality and depth and we might be back where we all want to be. Loved the reaction from the players at the end. Showed the result meant a lot to them. 

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

By all accounts we played well, and had speed and attacked, good to score twice and very important 3 points. Seems Archie got the tactics right, so well done on that too.

When I state “ by all accounts “ today was the first time since pre-Jagszone when the Nomad show was running that I’ve either not been at the game or tuned in to Shuggie’s show or Jagszone regardless where I was in the world, at 2pm (Norway time) I just couldn’t be bothered, appetite for the game had gone so I went for lunch and drinks and never checked phone till after 6,  pleasantly surprised with result and comments. 

Lets not get carried away though, one battle does not win a war, but can point us in that direction.

Onwards to Tuesday 

Hope you had a good lunch.Never good hearing a Jags supporter losing their appetite for our team.Hope you regain it soon and you are back supporting the Jags.

Couple of things I liked today. Firstly nailing down positions for Gordon and Slater rather than the alternating stuff. Gordon had a good game, which is important as even when he's poor he sees so much of the ball. Secondly I believe the team getting criticised for sideways passing in previous games was wrong to a point. It was the slow deliberate aimless lateral stuff that was at fault. Nothing wrong with moving the ball sideways when it's done at pace and with purpose as was the case today.

Obviously a home win against Falkirk is hardly open top bus stuff but at least there's improvement. Like I'm sure everybody else agrees our problems lie not so much with who we've signed but rather with who we haven't signed. Or more correctly the positions that are still desperately needing filled. The win today and no league  game for a fortnight buys us a wee bit more time to get this sorted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Onwards to Tuesday 

You missed a great game. Not the best skill wise though it had it's moments. I don't think flakirk were as bad as some are making out, we just overan them, esp first half. So many good performances. Not outstanding but much much better, thanks for not watching/listening. Keep up the good work

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I am sure that Archie was intending Wilson to enjoy his debut seeing out an easy 2 goal win and was not expecting Falkirk's immediate counter.

Having said that the unexpected pressure and the need to take responsibility probably did Wilson the world of good. In the short time available, he won a tackle and combined with Fitzpatrick to keep the ball at the other end of the pitch. 

So there was some point in the substitution, but perhaps not in the way planned.