Andréa Mbuyi-Mutombo New Signing

elevenone

9 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Has played his football in Croatia, Belgium and England, three of the World Cup semi-finalists. Has to count for something!

Are you being serious? That is one of the craziest comments i have ever read on here lol...ok i will go with it

Started his senior career in England and never played a game

Played a handful of games in Belgium and Croatia before ending up at 2nd/3rd division sides - his last 2 seasons have been spent with no club and then a 3rd division croatian side aye a gem lol

Suppose you thought big Pogba was amazing as well cause he played in France, England and Italy?

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

Are you being serious? That is one of the craziest comments i have ever read on here lol...ok i will go with it

Started his senior career in England and never played a game

Played a handful of games in Belgium and Croatia before ending up at 2nd/3rd division sides - his last 2 seasons have been spent with no club and then a 3rd division croatian side aye a gem lol

Suppose you thought big Pogba was amazing as well cause he played in France, England and Italy?

I think it was purely tongue in cheek.

Sounds and look like another Archie punt like Mukendi etc 

Hope I’m completely wrong but worried if that’s the best we can come up with.

What we need are proven players at this level if we want to make a promotion push , ie proven goal scorer to help Doolan , defensive midfielder to free up Shea Gordon who is getting played out of position.

Genuinely concerned 

53 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Apparently recommended to Archie by Yogi Hughes??? Haha. You couldn't make it up. 5 goals in 10 years. Yes Gerry  , no stone unturned in our quest to find quality players. Lol

Look on the bright side GRE - yesterday proved that even Azeez benefitted from his spell at Firhill.

This Academy thing is growing shoots, I tell ya.......

Can see all sides of this argument. Let's see how he plays. Looks like a bit of a character, capable of occasional brilliance, but no doubt often inducing despair. Well-suited to Thistle.

I am trying to draw some comfort from my general impression that for all his faults as a manager, John Hughes could be refreshingly honest and objective in recognising a good performance by another team. Maybe his judgment of a player falls into the same category. Hope so!

Unrelated point. Getting a little tired of leading questions in JagZone interviews. There were two in particular to Andrea regarding Alan Archibald and about squad unity. Ask an open question rather than trying to draw out an answer to suit a particular agenda!

Edited by partickthedog