Andréa Mbuyi-Mutombo New Signing

elevenone

2 minutes ago, allyo said:

Well. Hope he surprises you all. Don't think I've ever seen such negative reaction to a new signing when in fact no one has a clue how he'll perform.

Ok since 2008 in numerous leagues he had scored 7 goals ...... so now he’s going turn into a 15 goal a season striker ? Naw 

Can't add much to above.  Looks like a squad filler rather than someone who will really improve the team.  And we need another player who can score goals.  If this guy is meant to be that then this is a massive gamble by the management (and I mean all the way up, everyone involved in procuring players).

9 minutes ago, javeajag said:

He cannot possibly be described as a striker as he hasn’t actually scored any goals well 7 in 11 years .,,, midfielder ? 

Said in his interview that he’s a playmaker/ attacking midfield who can play out wide too.

13 minutes ago, allyo said:

Well. Hope he surprises you all. Don't think I've ever seen such negative reaction to a new signing when in fact no one has a clue how he'll perform.

People intend to form an opinion on a new player by his previous performances at previous clubs.  Just let's say that Mubtumbo's is less than impressive. But, hey, if he scores the winner against Celtic, then it would be a good start.

Edited by Garscube Road End

40 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

This Academy thing is growing shoots, I tell ya.......

Yes, it was great to see Penrice, Fitzpatrick and Callum Wilson all contributing to a good victory yesterday. One side of perceived transfer inactivity is that our academy players will get a chance at first team football over the course of the season which can only be a good thing for the future of the club. Rather fitting on David McParland too, don’t you think?

More I think about it the more this signing worries me, we are in dire need of a striker, a defensive midfielder and cover at the back so we sign a 10 which is where Erskine, Spittal, Storer and Slater all want to play, mental stuff. 

Panic to get somebody in the door. 

9 minutes ago, Juanito said:

More I think about it the more this signing worries me, we are in dire need of a striker, a defensive midfielder and cover at the back so we sign a 10 which is where Erskine, Spittal, Storer and Slater all want to play, mental stuff. 

Panic to get somebody in the door. 

The only thing worrying me is having to shout his surname 3 times after each goal!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Unrelated point. Getting a little tired of leading questions in JagZone interviews. There were two in particular to Andrea regarding Alan Archibald and about squad unity. Ask an open question rather than trying to draw out an answer to suit a particular agenda!

I don't do JagZone but along similar lines I feel the "official" tweets following up on a routine signing are getting more than a bit tired. Even immediately sticking up a video of the lad smacks of being on the defensive.  The Club should surely have perceived that this isn't exactly going to be received as major signing news. Nobody can surely claim that signing this lad is filling a major piece of the jigsaw, so leave it at that.  

There's every chance Mbuyi-Mutombo will turn out to be a useful player for us but the Club shouldn't heap on these extra expectations. Our best hope is his addition will contribute to the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. Fingers crossed.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett