Andréa Mbuyi-Mutombo New Signing

elevenone

Just now, jagfox said:

The manager isn't quoted in that piece saying he's a striker. 

What has the manager said about him ?

the official club statement described him as a striker which in ptfc language means nit really a striker or actually a midfielder ... translations available in request 

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

the official club statement described him as a striker which in ptfc language means nit really a striker or actually a midfielder ... translations available in request 

Your going around in circles again Dave :wall:

9 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Has the manager been told he's signed?

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I think you are ... I’m just going by what the club said plus his actual playing record ... you ? Let’s make it all up 

I'm going by what the player said from his own mouth in his own words.

I think you should really take a break from the Internet :lol:

Thing is, the players is described on the web page as a striker but we can all easily find out his scoring record - which is pretty low.   The manager keeps saying we need four players and it's obvious we need cover for centre back, right back, defensive mid and a centre forward.  

Now it might be that the web page description is a blunder by whoever does the page but it looks like he's meant to be the new forward we need and he really doesn't seem to fit the bill.  Unless of course the manager has decided Storey is the striker we need and the new player will take his wing role.  I still feel we need another striker but who knows?  I'll say this: if we're taking a risk I'd rather do it with a much younger player who might be able to be improved, rather than an experienced 28 year old who seems no more than average.

I hope I'm wrong and he's better than we expect but one thing it seems he won't provide is goals.  Hopefully there's room for more than 4 new players in the budget , allowing us to bring in maybe a loan centre forward who at least has a decent scoring record even if only in youth/reserve games.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

I give up. I thought Jason Banton was Archies all time low but it seems he may have outdone himself with this doozy of a signing. I'd take Jukka Santala, John Baird and Mark McWalter right now before whatever 3 charlatan footballers Archie is gonna foist on us in the coming weeks. To a man they'll be free transferred come May. Has he really got no contacts or player database built up to trawl after 5 years of being a manager. What the hell does he do on non match days and after training? Mind bogglingly inept when it comes to transfers. That goes for Shaggy aswell btw. Pair of clowns.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Legend Blows said:

I give up. I thought Jason Banton was Archies all time low but it seems he may have outdone himself with this doozy of a signing. I'd take Jukka Santala, John Baird and Mark McWalter right now before whatever 3 charlatan footballers Archie is gonna foist on us in the coming weeks. To a man they'll be free transferred come May. Has he really got no contacts or player database built up to trawl after 5 years of being a manager. What the hell does he do on non match days and after training? Mind bogglingly inept when it comes to transfers. That goes for Shaggy aswell btw. Pair of clowns.

U ok hunni?

Edited by KemoAvdiu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Can see all sides of this argument. Let's see how he plays. Looks like a bit of a character, capable of occasional brilliance, but no doubt often inducing despair. Well-suited to Thistle.

I am trying to draw some comfort from my general impression that for all his faults as a manager, John Hughes could be refreshingly honest and objective in recognising a good performance by another team. Maybe his judgment of a player falls into the same category. Hope so!

Unrelated point. Getting a little tired of leading questions in JagZone interviews. There were two in particular to Andrea regarding Alan Archibald and about squad unity. Ask an open question rather than trying to draw out an answer to suit a particular agenda!

Very good point. It's pretty annoying when a player is asked ' It's dead brilliant here, isn't it?'

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

Maybe we should be worried about the disconnect ?

but let’s agree he’s not a striker but an attacking midfielder 

hopefully a striker , a defensive midfielder and one other will arrive soon 

Maybe we should be worried about your posts 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alan Murray said:

First we have people calling for Archie's head after the first league match of the season then we have people having a pop at a player they have never seen play! Let's wait till we actually see the guy before coming to any sort of judgment. 

This in spades 

6 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Are you being serious? That is one of the craziest comments i have ever read on here lol...ok i will go with it

Started his senior career in England and never played a game

Played a handful of games in Belgium and Croatia before ending up at 2nd/3rd division sides - his last 2 seasons have been spent with no club and then a 3rd division croatian side aye a gem lol

Suppose you thought big Pogba was amazing as well cause he played in France, England and Italy?

Oh dear, you don't do sarcasm do you

5 hours ago, jagfox said:

Yes, it was great to see Penrice, Fitzpatrick and Callum Wilson all contributing to a good victory yesterday. One side of perceived transfer inactivity is that our academy players will get a chance at first team football over the course of the season which can only be a good thing for the future of the club. Rather fitting on David McParland too, don’t you think?

Good points well made. If, as many on here are predicting, me included, we don't go up, then consolidation and progress has to be made in this re building malarky.

This guy might be one brick, at 28 yrs old he's bound to bring experience which, as you point out jagfox, will help the youngsters.

I hope we see them getting a chance, a wee run and not sporadic part time appearances. We can do that easier than when we were in the premier fighting to avoid relegation, and when we do go up we'll be stronger. All the best andrea and welcome to the madness

21 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Maybe we should worry about your ability to read 

I actually said I hoped he was good but that the club description of him as a striker was buzarre  ie 7 career goals at age 28

pay attention 

Which is a fine point to make. Another example of mismanagement on the web site. Am i alone in thinking our site is pretty pish. AND i'm still getting over this jagzone pish that other sites do for free.

Anyways andrea will not be the first player who struggles for years to score or generally be a success at several clubs  and then BANG, finds a club that fits and the good times roll.......fingers crossed