Andréa Mbuyi-Mutombo New Signing

elevenone

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

I like Andrea. He is a fun player. Always looking to get forward and do something. Physical presence but a fair bit of skill. He will do fine in the championship. 

He also comes across well, seems a nice guy and in contrast to some of the chancers last year looks to be a team player 

also very humble he was apologising in his interview saying his English was not very good - his English was great.

as another poster said a lot of the younger guys can improve their football game from learning from him

• Like 2

I think a lot of the negative vibes on first hearing of the signing were down to the club website stating he was a striker (and not a guy who is a winger but can fill in as CF in emergency which I'd say is truer).  He himself described himself as mainly a winger and playmaker.   Let's face it the stushie was because we can all look up the guys stats and see how few goals he's scored - why couldn't whoever wrote the web page info do the same? 

From having seen him we seem to have a decent winger who isn't afraid to take on a man.   Seems to be able to play wing or attacking midfield so a little bit of versatility.  Can't judge how good he really is until we've seen him in a league game but so far he seems a promising signing.  I'd guess that it also means the manager sees Storey as a CF first now and a winger in emergencies.  

Wonder if we'll have enough spare in the budget after signing a CB, RB and def. MF to bring in maybe a young striker as extra cover.  Could be young enough to be used in reserve team but good enough to play in first team if needed.  Just a thought.

3 hours ago, kevin energy said:

I think the rest of the budget and how much we have all depends on Keown

It doesn't all depend on Keown. You've got to imagine his wage will maybe be restricting us on bringing in 1 (maybe 2) of the 4 new signings that Archie is aiming for.

No chance he's taking up enough that we can't sign anyone else without him restructuring/leaving.

On 14/08/2018 at 9:51 PM, sandy said:

But he scored a goal?!.

Are you a complete twat....midfielders score goals - which is his self description- oh and defenders score goals and full backs and even goalkeepers 

but reflecting on it maybe we should call all our players one striker and we would have one that scores 25 goals a season ?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

Are you a complete twat....midfielders score goals - which is his self description- oh and defenders score goals and full backs and even goalkeepers 

but reflecting on it maybe we should call all our players one striker and we would have one that scores 25 goals a season ?

I may be wrong, but going by what Sandy said, he may have been whooshing You??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

Whoosh!

Keown's salary looks like continuing to weigh on Archie's budget but he will have a "spare wage" in 2 weeks time when Banzo's contract expires.

sorry, wrong topic.  wading through the handbags I forgot which discussion I was in.

Edited by AlgarveJag
wrong thread

21 hours ago, javeajag said:

Seems like only a few days since the Mods were again asking for folk to stop the personal abuse. How time flies. 

• Like 3