Andréa Mbuyi-Mutombo New Signing

elevenone

On 17/08/2018 at 12:24 AM, potty trained said:

Seems like only a few days since the Mods were again asking for folk to stop the personal abuse. How time flies. 

To be fair, it's a brilliant heads gone of the week. Well, if we had such an award.

5 minutes ago, mad-jag said:

Maybe shows the value in waiting to see how a player actually plays before slaughtering his signing.

He may never score again and be a total dud. I’m pretty happy with him so far though. 

Most of the negativity, mine included, was aimed at the club's description of Mutombo as a striker. That was despite the player's own description of himself and his scoring record.

29 minutes ago, sandy said:

And your point is, caller?

My point is he seems to be banging in goals. That should be putting a wee smile on your gloomy chops.

There's also the point that we needed to bring in three players and one of them was a striker. So are the club saying we've got our striker and we now only need two? At this rate and going by our injury record, we'll end up with keepers on the bench as outfield subs.

Signing Andrea who is a wide attacking player and non-striker (but still scores goals) means that Miles, who has usually  played as a wide attacker but could play as a striker (although he does not score many goals), can now player as a striker. Kris already is a striker, and Chris, Blair and Aiden give us goal-scoring options,  although they are not strikers.

So indirectly, signing Andrea effectively gives us one more striker.  Not sure if that makes much sense, but it may be the way in which Archie's mind is working.

5 hours ago, sandy said:

And your point is, caller?

My point is he seems to be banging in goals. That should be putting a wee smile on your gloomy chops.

If you call him a striker and his goals dry up he will get criticized similar to storey.....he’s an attacking midfielder and if scores a few goals it’s a bonus ...we actually need a striker 

and I’m always smiling especially when I read your posts 

14 minutes ago, javeajag said:

If you call him a striker and his goals dry up he will get criticized similar to storey.....he’s an attacking midfielder and if scores a few goals it’s a bonus ...we actually need a striker 

and I’m always smiling especially when I read your posts 

We need our attacking midfielders to contribute to our goals tally, and they are.

We only have 1 recognized striker in Doolan, he needs a backup, a challenge, he operates better when he’s competing for his place