Aiden FitzPartick Thistle vs Brendan's mobile disco

jagfox

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Even although we look vulnerable, there's something there.

Andrea looks good, Slater too. I was expecting McGinty to be a nightmare based on previous comments but he's been decent.

Feel heart sorry for Dools though, he's hardly touched the ball and has had next to nothing to work with.

Still in there at 0-1 though!

C'mon the Jags!!

As the other forward players have generally had more impact, without the Storey option, could it be thought to replace Doolan with Erskine and play without a recognised Number 9? The others could interchange and perhaps confuse the Celtic back line. I could see Erskine, Spittal or Mutombo scoring.

18 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

As the other forward players have generally had more impact, without the Storey option, could it be thought to replace Doolan with Erskine and play without a recognised Number 9? The others could interchange and perhaps confuse the Celtic back line. I could see Erskine, Spittal or Mutombo scoring.

Well called

I realise that looking at the past is futile, but I do want to speculate had our defensive midfield last season been Craig Slater and James Penrice, where would we be now?

Having said that, great effort by the guys today. Lots to improve on for sure (passing in the last third for a start), but there was a lot of spirit in there too.

And Andrea has clearly found the place where he can be a regular 15 goals a season guy.

Thanks Yogi!!

• Like 1

Put up more of a show as a championship team that we did more often than not as a premiership side.

We switched off at critical minutes but when they can bring on Dembele and Forrest they always had the ammo to step up a few gears.

Penrice was decent in midfield, Slater very comfortable on the ball and Fitzpatrick is a very exciting prospect. Great to see a Jags player pick up the ball and run full pelt at the opposition.

Mutomobo took his goal well. Definitely a player in there, hopefully his decision making etc will improve as his fitness does.

• Like 2

Real sameness about the early tactics. An off form Doolan left without any support up front and Thistle not offering any threat to a tired looking Celtic side with a struggling central defence.

The positives were a good goal and young players in Penrice and Fitzpatrick that actually show no fear and have a go at the opposition. If Archie let's them keep doing that and not try to shackle them then there is hope for the season ahead.