Aiden FitzPartick Thistle vs Brendan's mobile disco

jagfox

2 hours ago, Big Col said:

That's what I meant - poor delivery - too high and floaty.

Would be the only thing he did wrong then was outstanding getting stuck in everywhere as did the rest of the team - I’ve been a big critic of mcginty at times I couldn’t fault him either. Christie too outstanding- the only slightly quieter ones were Doolan and erskine when he came on but a terrific team performance.  More of the same please jags - in particular would love to see penrice and Fitzpatrick given longer deals ASAP.

mutumbi - 2 games- 2 outstanding performances 

Because of a bloody pillar in the main stand I couldn’t see the 2 goals Celtic got in the second half and if there was anyone who could have done better there

10 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Would be the only thing he did wrong then was outstanding getting stuck in everywhere as did the rest of the team - I’ve been a big critic of mcginty at times I couldn’t fault him either. Christie too outstanding- the only slightly quieter ones were Doolan and erskine when he came on but a terrific team performance.  More of the same please jags - in particular would love to see penrice and Fitzpatrick given longer deals ASAP.

mutumbi - 2 games- 2 outstanding performances 

Because of a bloody pillar in the main stand I couldn’t see the 2 goals Celtic got in the second half and if there was anyone who could have done better there

Agree with this thought we fought hard today and if we can keep playing like this we will finish in the top4.Bell wasn't happy with our defenders at the last 2 goals, which were just a ball into the box to the unmarked Celtic players who had tap ins.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree with this thought we fought hard today and if we can keep playing like this we will finish in the top4.Bell wasn't happy with our defenders at the last 2 goals, which were just a ball into the box to the unmarked Celtic players who had tap ins.

I only watched on TV and don’t want to take away from his general performance, but I thought Penrice wasn’t too clever at tracking back at Celtic’s 3rd. Also thought we got more into the game when Slater came in and Fitzpatrick wasn’t afraid to take on Izzaguire. 

2 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

Excellent performance all round.

The boys were exhausted by the end. Well done to all.

only down side was embarrassingly poor Jags support. There is no point housing  us in 2 stands if nobody turns up.

Agree. Very good performance from a Newish Championship team against the Premier team in Scotland.  Also must comment on pathetic Thistle support of about 200 in Lambie stand and about 800 in Main stand.  Shame on all you so called stay away supporters.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

only down side was embarrassingly poor Jags support. There is no point housing  us in 2 stands if nobody turns up.

The commentary said that this was the 19th (??) straight Celtic win  at Firhill.

That may be a clue...................

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, jagfox said:

...at breaking seats and singing about terrorist organisations? Undoubtedly!

The 'Green Brigade' pricks all gathered together who let off the flares were * all* wearing the same green military style coats. I wouldn't have thought the strong resemblance to the outfits worn by PIRA in the 1970s was an accident. Absolutely disgraceful.

Edited by westertonjagfan
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

I only watched on TV and don’t want to take away from his general performance, but I thought Penrice wasn’t too clever at tracking back at Celtic’s 3rd. Also thought we got more into the game when Slater came in and Fitzpatrick wasn’t afraid to take on Izzaguire. 

Archie said after the game a few of our players were done by the end and Penrice was one he mentioned.

1 hour ago, Dr.D said:

Agree. Very good performance from a Newish Championship team against the Premier team in Scotland.  Also must comment on pathetic Thistle support of about 200 in Lambie stand and about 800 in Main stand.  Shame on all you so called stay away supporters.

I’m one of the ‘so-called’ supporters who chose to stay away from today’s game.

I made the decision a few seasons ago never to set foot in Firhill whenever we play either arse cheek. This is for a few reasons;

- I don’t want to sit and listen to sectarian chanting for 90 minutes.

- I don’t agree with the huge allocation we give them. Not least because of their behaviour during the youth cup final.

- I don’t think any Thistle fan should be forced out of their regular seat to accommodate these scumbags.

I understand where the club are coming from in terms of maximising revenue, but I won’t ever accept Thistle fans being treated as second class citizens in our own ground and as such, I won’t ever return to this fixture unless Celtic are given the same allocation as any other club.

• Like 5

Someone in the board should be holding an inquiry into what the security and police were doing at the turnstiles. I remember my daughter who was about 7 at the time having a 500ml plastic bottle of water taken off her as it was declared ad a potential weapon. Clearly no excuses why Celtic supporters were allowed to bring in glass bottles and flares. I would call the security and police cowards. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

Sticking the rather predictable result aside I thought there was plenty of positives to take from the game. Think that's three games on the trot that McGinty has been solid, Spittal showing a lot more dig while both  Fitzpatrick & Penrice continue to be impressive.

Personally I don't see what's embarrassing about the Jags turnout.  We're fast approaching the 3rd decade of the 21st century and neanderthals are still singing the praises of Irish terrorism and with apparent impunity. I very much believe the reasons behind the poor attendance is where the real embarrassment lies.

11 minutes ago, Tom Stronach said:

I’m one of the ‘so-called’ supporters who chose to stay away from today’s game.

I made the decision a few seasons ago never to set foot in Firhill whenever we play either arse cheek. This is for a few reasons;

- I don’t want to sit and listen to sectarian chanting for 90 minutes.

- I don’t agree with the huge allocation we give them. Not least because of their behaviour during the youth cup final.

- I don’t think any Thistle fan should be forced out of their regular seat to accommodate these scumbags.

I understand where the club are coming from in terms of maximising revenue, but I won’t ever accept Thistle fans being treated as second class citizens in our own ground and as such, I won’t ever return to this fixture unless Celtic are given the same allocation as any other club.

You have put good reasons for not going to these games,but if I am able to attend the games at Firhill I will be there.I would not let the actions of opposition fans stop me.If we cannot fill the stadium I understand why our board take the decision to give them the allocation they do to maximise what they get thru the turnstiles.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Sticking the rather predictable result aside I thought there was plenty of positives to take from the game. Think that's three games on the trot that McGinty has been solid, Spittal showing a lot more dig while both  Fitzpatrick & Penrice continue to be impressive.

Personally I don't see what's embarrassing about the Jags turnout.  We're fast approaching the 3rd decade of the 21st century and neanderthals are still singing the praises of Irish terrorism and with apparent impunity. I very much believe the reasons behind the poor attendance is where the real embarrassment lies.

"Solid" is a bit feeble for the Mighty McGinty. How about that solo run right through their defence (premiered at Stranraer on Tuesday), which so impressed his team mates that they gave the ball back to him out on the wing. You could try "silky", "speedy", "dynamic", "lightfooted", "graceful" or even "Messianic".

• Haha 2

Celtic with 6 changes, this should have been a chance, infact most other teams might have taken it. I hope the board noticed the terrible home support, a clear and definitive message of no confidence in this manager.  Early kick-offs are only good for television so that explains just a few fans absence but most of the missing with a football brain knew the result in advance. We play the same every week even the substitutions are predictable. Celtic were a poor team and that was with 6 changes, there is nothing absolutely nothing we can take from this game. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, sabbath said:

Celtic with 6 changes, this should have been a chance, infact most other teams might have taken it. I hope the board noticed the terrible home support, a clear and definitive message of no confidence in this manager.  Early kick-offs are only good for television so that explains just a few fans absence but most of the missing with a football brain knew the result in advance. We play the same every week even the substitutions are predictable. Celtic were a poor team and that was with 6 changes, there is nothing absolutely nothing we can take from this game. 

As I have said before I think we played quite well.With a number of good performances and a well worked and taken goal.I know Celtic didn't start full strength but they finished with a lot more first team players on the park.I stand by what I said earlier,if we play with the same attitude  I think we will finish in a play off place at worst this season.

8 hours ago, sabbath said:

'Most teams' would have beaten Celtic yesterday? What, most teams in the Championship? Most in Scotland? The world?  'There is nothing we can take from this game'? Seriously? If you can see nothing positive in yesterday's performance then I pity you. Maybe you're supporting the wrong team. Although your definition of 'support' and mine are wildly different.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dunnikierjag said:

Someone in the board should be holding an inquiry into what the security and police were doing at the turnstiles. I remember my daughter who was about 7 at the time having a 500ml plastic bottle of water taken off her as it was declared ad a potential weapon. Clearly no excuses why Celtic supporters were allowed to bring in glass bottles and flares. I would call the security and police cowards. 

Totally agree. My son is now nearly 15 and said the same thing-how come he had to put his bottle in the bin when he was about 7 and those arsesholes were able, yet again, to get all the flares and bottles into the ground. I take a 'man bag' to Firhill every week with the usual specs, car keys  etc in it and get searched every week. 

In another aside, at what point does a club like Celtic deal with the fact that one of their own players had to lift the bag covering the flare and throw it off the park? Are the club so afraid of their 'ultras' ( for which read *****) that they're OK with a star player taking the risk of serious burns?

Edited by westertonjagfan