Login issues

jaggy

3 hours ago, jaggy said:

Hi, I'm currently abroad and every time I launch the site from PC or iPad I have to go through a series of  identifying cars/signs/buses etc. Is this a new thing? and why every time?

Probably because you're abroad and away from your usual network.

Happens frequently when you use an unusual IP address or tech to access a site.

Nothing to worry about.

Every time I sign on, for the past month or so, I get a screen with this text -

"We value your privacy

Hi there, opting in to cookies from us and our partners enables us to provide you with the quality content and information we currently do, which is dependent on the revenue we generate from advertising. We and our partners use your personal data in order to personalise your experience and provide you with relevant content and brand messages and measure activity on the site. Click below to consent to the use of your data. You can revisit your choices at any time. "

There follows the choice to  "accept all" or to go through all the options, to accept or reject individually, advertising cookies from an amazing range of web sites who wish to advertise at me.

The minimum is 9 clicks to reject each of the advertisers options before I can get to this site.

Since I automatically erase all cookies each time I switch off the PC I have to go through this rigmarole again the next time I want to access the site.

It's getting really tedious to have to do this each time!

The official site bugs me too in that there is no direct link to Jagzone in main drop down menu.  You have to go to the home page, scroll down to the Jagzone section and click once to 'log in' or 'register' only to land on a page that offers exactly the same alternatives.  Clicking 'Log in' again then takes you to the actual log in screen where you are asked for user name and password.

Occasionally Jagzone appears as a banner at the top of the home or news page but more often than not it takes half a dozen clicks to get to the buried content that I subscribe for.

Why does it have to be so hard to find and log-in to a paid for service? 

yes, I agree with that.  I wanted to re-arrange seats once the season tickets were freed up but I couldn't get a view of the seats or even use the website in any meaningful way.

Fortunately the boys in the office are very efficient on the phone but I'm a visual kinda a guy and would have liked to have had a seat plan and stadium layout to refer to.

Still, I'm delighted that the board have elected to allocate the web development money to Archie's player budget.