Ryan Edwards

jagfaelivi

Nothing against Ryan Edwards, whom I thought was one who actually cared a bit last season, but going back is not the way forward.

Having said that, can the club get something sorted with the Keown situation please? If he's still on the books, then play him. He's a very good defender. If they don't want to play him for whatever reason, then get him off the books pronto.

21 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Nothing against Ryan Edwards, whom I thought was one who actually cared a bit last season, but going back is not the way forward.

Having said that, can the club get something sorted with the Keown situation please? If he's still on the books, then play him. He's a very good defender. If they don't want to play him for whatever reason, then get him off the books pronto.

Might not be easy to offload him. Maybe nobody wants him.

51 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

He was a very good defender playing with Liam Lindsay for 4 months- I cannot say any of our defenders last season were very good I’m afraid 

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

I have criticised plenty of the other non defenders in other posts believe you me. But the specific post I was responding to was your comment about one of our defenders and therefore found it natural to respond 

Thanks TL - for the avoidance of any doubt, my previous comment was intended to be flippant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Col said:

No. Burned his bridges and not better than any player we already have.

We need players who will add to the squad, not players who do nothing other than run about a bit.

I was one who would've wanted to see Edwards retained (drop in wages always assuming). Dropping down a level I reckon he'd be a useful player to have. I think you can often underestimate the value of enthusiasm when it's combined with speed and stamina. I'd have seen Edwards as a squad player not unlike Christie last time we were in the division. 

But I can't see him back here in January. The position he plays in is well covered by more skillful players. We do tho' require pace and stamina in the squad. That's been addressed to a point with our last two signings but I still feel we need more pace in midfield.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

He was 100% man but with absolutely no end product. He was one of the reasons we hardly scored any goals.

Yeaterday Fitzpatrick was on the pitch 2 minutes when he delivered a great run AND a killer pass.  Spittal, Lawless and even the wonderful Erskine were unable to do this last season so all our possession foundered in the ‘final 3rd’.

Perhaps I’m dreaming but Fitzy looks the real deal. Offer him a decent contract now in our own and his best interests.

I wasn't listening particularly closely but I think it was Alan Preston who mentioned on Radio Scotland yesterday that Ryan Edwards was sitting nearby in the stand at Tynecastle - he commented that there were other Hearts midfielders returning from injury who would be preferred to him  and that Edwards would be no more than a squad player.

Edwards always tried but I was surprised when Hearts signed him...he and Barton were a midfield combination of relegation calibre.

• 9 months later...

Guess that begs a quiz question.

Jags players who have scored in a cup final before or after playing for the Jags? Apart from the 23rd October 1971 of course.

Anyway, pleased for Ryan. He was so far out of favour for most of the season that his best chance of being at the Cup Final was buying a ticket.

Celtic were howling today. Just a shame that Berra managed to be the most howling player on the park.

Edited by Barney Rubble

5 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Ryan Mcgowan scored in Hertz 5-1 vs Hibs.

James Grady scored a pen in the shootout vs Hertz.

Stevie Anderson scored in St J’s win vs Dutd.

Wow - well done!!

Thanks for that, all this century too.

I suppose Stevie Chalmers in 1969 against the dead club qualifies too.

Didn't Simon Donnelly score in a League Cup Final last century??

Who did JaggyMac score against? He didn't score that many.

Archie, I remember well - the most boring final ever and he almost made it interesting.

For some reason I have it in my head that Jim Melrose scored in a losing final, but I cannot remember which one right now.