Sign in to follow this  
jagfaelivi

Ryan Edwards

I'm watching Birmingham outplaying Swansea just now and one of the home team's stars is a Ryan Edwards lookalike - Jota - but he can play football as well as just run like our former mid fielder. From a distance, uncanny resemblance.

I see Edwards has only played 1 game in the cup and not kicked another ball since! I wouldn’t be surprised to see him out on loan before the window shuts, with Bannigan, McCarthy and Gordon all injured could he be back at Firhill?

No. Burned his bridges and not better than any player we already have.

We need players who will add to the squad, not players who do nothing other than run about a bit.

• Like 1

Nothing against Ryan Edwards, whom I thought was one who actually cared a bit last season, but going back is not the way forward.

Having said that, can the club get something sorted with the Keown situation please? If he's still on the books, then play him. He's a very good defender. If they don't want to play him for whatever reason, then get him off the books pronto.

21 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Nothing against Ryan Edwards, whom I thought was one who actually cared a bit last season, but going back is not the way forward.

Having said that, can the club get something sorted with the Keown situation please? If he's still on the books, then play him. He's a very good defender. If they don't want to play him for whatever reason, then get him off the books pronto.

Might not be easy to offload him. Maybe nobody wants him.

51 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

He was a very good defender playing with Liam Lindsay for 4 months- I cannot say any of our defenders last season were very good I’m afraid 

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

He was a very good defender playing with Liam Lindsay for 4 months- I cannot say any of our defenders last season were very good I’m afraid 

Why restrict that assessment to the defenders?

46 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Why restrict that assessment to the defenders?

I have criticised plenty of the other non defenders in other posts believe you me. But the specific post I was responding to was your comment about one of our defenders and therefore found it natural to respond 

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

I have criticised plenty of the other non defenders in other posts believe you me. But the specific post I was responding to was your comment about one of our defenders and therefore found it natural to respond 

Thanks TL - for the avoidance of any doubt, my previous comment was intended to be flippant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Col said:

No. Burned his bridges and not better than any player we already have.

We need players who will add to the squad, not players who do nothing other than run about a bit.

I was one who would've wanted to see Edwards retained (drop in wages always assuming). Dropping down a level I reckon he'd be a useful player to have. I think you can often underestimate the value of enthusiasm when it's combined with speed and stamina. I'd have seen Edwards as a squad player not unlike Christie last time we were in the division. 

But I can't see him back here in January. The position he plays in is well covered by more skillful players. We do tho' require pace and stamina in the squad. That's been addressed to a point with our last two signings but I still feel we need more pace in midfield.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Edwards? Similar to Elliott, runs about with little or no end product. How he got a deal at Hearts ill never know. He's likely been found out in pre season because he hasnt even featured on the bench since the season started.

• Like 1

He was 100% man but with absolutely no end product. He was one of the reasons we hardly scored any goals.

Yeaterday Fitzpatrick was on the pitch 2 minutes when he delivered a great run AND a killer pass.  Spittal, Lawless and even the wonderful Erskine were unable to do this last season so all our possession foundered in the ‘final 3rd’.

Perhaps I’m dreaming but Fitzy looks the real deal. Offer him a decent contract now in our own and his best interests.

55 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Edwards? Similar to Elliott, runs about with little or no end product. How he got a deal at Hearts ill never know. He's likely been found out in pre season because he hasnt even featured on the bench since the season started.

hey ho but now appointed  team captain   :wall:

I wasn't listening particularly closely but I think it was Alan Preston who mentioned on Radio Scotland yesterday that Ryan Edwards was sitting nearby in the stand at Tynecastle - he commented that there were other Hearts midfielders returning from injury who would be preferred to him  and that Edwards would be no more than a squad player.

Edwards always tried but I was surprised when Hearts signed him...he and Barton were a midfield combination of relegation calibre.

29 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

hey ho but now appointed  team captain   :wall:

Dont want to say too much more on that incase i get accused of having a pop again :lol:

1 minute ago, MonehJags said:

Dont want to say too much more on that incase i get accused of having a pop again :lol:

i would have thought that tam ra bam in  the back line would have been the obvious choice for team captain  :thumbsup2: