Livi sack Miller

elevenone

I think we are being naive to think there would be any chance of him coming to us. Prior to taking Livvy job both Hibs and Aberdeen had been in discussion to sign him, so don’t think we will be anywhere near the front of the que for his services.

If it were possible to get him, he would be a great signing, goal scorer, bit of leadership and a player who will be in the faces of referees when we need it.    

• Like 1

Wouldn't rule out the possibility of some sort of short term deal where Miller could retire when a managerial post comes along. Folk can argue that we had Joe Craig last time round and that went well. But we've already got the "experienced striker" in Doolan, who I can see play the "Craig" role this season. So it's someone younger to fit the Dools of six years ago we're really needing.

All the same I wouldn't want to see Miller join our competitors (look how well Dobbie is doing at Queens) and our league is possibly the level he'll play at on a week to week basis, tho' he could easily be a squad player in the top tier. That of course would be a poor excuse to sign him. He'd need to fit in and even at that not use up whatever remains of our budget as other areas of the squad are needing bolstered ahead of his position. 

Sacking Miller before the compensation clause was triggered, coming shortly after Livi scrapping their Academy and youth system, seems to indicate extremely fragile finances at the Club.

You would have thought that this would be a pretty positive time for them, but it seems that being promoted may turn out to be pretty disastrous. 

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Wouldn't rule out the possibility of some sort of short term deal where Miller could retire when a managerial post comes along. Folk can argue that we had Joe Craig last time round and that went well. But we've already got the "experienced striker" in Doolan, who I can see play the "Craig" role this season. So it's someone younger to fit the Dools of six years ago we're really needing.

All the same I wouldn't want to see Miller join our competitors (look how well Dobbie is doing at Queens) and our league is possibly the level he'll play at on a week to week basis, tho' he could easily be a squad player in the top tier. That of course would be a poor excuse to sign him. He'd need to fit in and even at that not use up whatever remains of our budget as other areas of the squad are needing bolstered ahead of his position. 

I know we had an older head but Joe would have been too old even for us.  It was his boy, Steve, who played for us then.

• Like 1