Souleymane Coulibaly

TartanC4

1 hour ago, DenisOhDenis said:

I don't doubt what Archie said but it wouldn't have been a bad thing if he had been primed to go on to say "...and we are advised that it should all be sorted within the next X weeks/months."  A little bit of expectation management for your customer-base goes a long way.

6 weeks...

16 hours ago, DenisOhDenis said:

I don't doubt what Archie said but it wouldn't have been a bad thing if he had been primed to go on to say "...and we are advised that it should all be sorted within the next X weeks/months."  A little bit of expectation management for your customer-base goes a long way.

Unless he'd been told to say it'll take a week, then it takes more than a week.  I'd rather he said he didn't know if he actually didn't know.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Thistle fan on P&B saying he was told the club were confident we can get clearance this week.

Here is the full post from P&B:

"Don't shoot the messenger if this doesn't happen, but got told after the match yesterday, from a good source, that the club are hopeful that the Coulibaly situation MIGHT  be resolved next week and if so, he will be in the squad for the East Fife game. Time will tell, but if we get clearance what a gigantic boost that will be!"

'Hopeful' and 'might' are the key words, not 'confident'. Would be great if it happens.

'Hopeful that it might' is quite a negative forecast. Did they mean 'hopeful that it will'? No, that doesn't get us any closer either, we all hope it will. Perhaps the source meant 'it might'. Well, we know that already.

Not sure we're any further forward with this. One thing's for sure, we all hope Semantics Coulibaly will play for the Jags soon.

10 hours ago, Caramaca said:

Ok, how long do we wait for him to be available for selection while we are a squad man down. I understand that he is probably better than we could normally sign but I think max I more month then cut him loose and get someone who can play.

We actually have a man more in the squad than was originally planned so if things don't work out we still have numbers.

The club have taken a punt on Coulibaly and Quitongo. I think it is worth the risk. 

33 minutes ago, potty trained said:

No, I'm intrigued to know who you think we could possibly get from the list of free agents that won't have secured employment, 5 weeks after the window has shut. 

Don’t actually have a list do you ?, my original question was about how long we wait not what’s available now .