Souleymane Coulibaly

TartanC4

18 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Great work by everybody at the club who took the time and effort to get this done.Lets hope its not to long till we see Souleymane banging them in for the Jags. We do have some very good attacking players on our books.

Which I think possibly justifies a change in formation. It’s often forgotten that our promotion season saw the team often function closer to an outright 4-3-3 than the 4-2-3-1 for which we became better known in the Premier.

Bell

Elliott Keown McGinty Penrice

Bannigan Erskine Slater

Coulibaly Doolan Mutombo

With the option to introduce at various points: Quitongo, Storey, Fitzpatrick, Spittal and McCarthy if a match needs freshened up in any of the four more attacking positions.

Put like this, it’s clear that our fragility and lack of depth is all a defensive question. One that we possibly dwell rather too much on by trying to line-up with 4-2-3-1 or whatever the hell that was against Dunfermline.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Which I think possibly justifies a change in formation. It’s often forgotten that our promotion season saw the team often function closer to an outright 4-3-3 than the 4-2-3-1 for which we became better known in the Premier.

Don't remember us playing that narrow, certainly not at home tho' admittedly we did play a bit more fluid under Archibald.

1 hour ago, scotty said:

I see he's quoted as not having played a "proper" match in ages. Does this mean that he has had some match time and wont be too long in getting a start?

He’s not played a competitive, friendly or bounce game for over a year due to not being legible. He should though be physically fit (hopefully) it’s the match fitness he’ll lack, 10 minutes on Saturday, unless a reserve game happens before, but I’d expect him to feature heavily in reserve fixtures for a few weeks

Bell 

Jeffries   Kewon  Mcginty Penrice

Bannigan Slater

Couliblay ( free roam)

Fitzpartick   Doolan     Mutumbo

Imo that’s our strongest line up. Harsh on Spittal how has been playing ok so far this season. Don’t know who else can play RB to be honest.

5 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Fantastic news ,big credit to Gerry and co ,with a lot of hard work we’ve hopefully pinched an absolute steal off many bigger rivals who weren’t prepared to put in that hard work! Here’s hoping it was all worthwhile.

I agree it’s great news

The strange thing is we could have got Shankland on a pre contract at the beginning of summer and that would have required little work needing done to be fair and who knows where we would have been sitting in the league with those goals 

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I agree it’s great news

The strange thing is we could have got Shankland on a pre contract at the beginning of summer and that would have required little work needing done to be fair and who knows where we would have been sitting in the league with those goals 

Do you honestly think Shankland would have scored half the goals he has playing for Thistle?

Doesn't matter how good a striker is, without decent service they will struggle.

I have followed this thread through thick and thin. There are times when it was like a ghost ship with nothing whatsoever happening. Those of you that kept it alive, I salute you!

This is an incredible outcome, for the player himself, those on the board that were willing to take a position, and whoever was advising us on the legal position.