Souleymane Coulibaly

TartanC4

Devils advocate peeps. Deep down we all know there's going to be a twist in the tail. Archibald cant organise a defence even though it was his starter for ten, is Archibald going to produce his long awaited plan B to score goals or as some previous clairvoyant has already hinted at, Dools will just be relegated to the bench. Just think what a real manager could do with this boys potential.....................sorry to p#ss on you parade.  

6 minutes ago, sabbath said:

Devils advocate peeps. Deep down we all know there's going to be a twist in the tail. Archibald cant organise a defence even though it was his starter for ten, is Archibald going to produce his long awaited plan B to score goals or as some previous clairvoyant has already hinted at, Dools will just be relegated to the bench. Just think what a real manager could do with this boys potential.....................sorry to p#ss on you parade.  

Would devils advocate not be to mention that the player in signed had not played a proper game in a year and not talk about our defence where said player dose’t play? 

Really good news.

I hope we just go for it now, attack every game with all guns blazing.

Archie should just go for it, let's face it, if he doesn't start attacking more he's finished.

We should go all out on the offensive, non stop attack home and away.

We've got a good few quality players now, with a bit more effort and belief, we will rip this league apart.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

Really good news.

I hope we just go for it now, attack every game with all guns blazing.

Archie should just go for it, let's face it, if he doesn't start attacking more he's finished.

We should go all out on the offensive, non stop attack home and away.

We've got a good few quality players now, with a bit more effort and belief, we will rip this league apart.

Don't know about ripping the league apart Andy Mac, but with an up to speed coulibaly and Quitongo  looking lively when he came on against the pars, there is now goals in this team. All depends on our manager's approach.

Edited by mulguy jag
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mulguy jag said:

Don't know about ripping the league apart Andy Mac, but with an up to speed coulibaly and Quitongo  looking lively when he came on against the pars, there is now goals in this team. All depends on our manager's approach.

And that’s the crux of the matter, do we continue the same tactics and formation that’s got us to this dark place, or do we change formation and tactics to suit a team that appears front loaded now? 

I am absolutely delighted and chapeaux to all those involved in the deal

Don't get me wrong, I am under no illusion that there is still a way to go before we see him in the first team. It is a long time since he played a competitive game, so even if his general fitness is good, it may be a month or more before he's match ready. If the management team can do that and he is anything like the guy who played for Killy, we should have some exciting games coming up.

13 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I am absolutely delighted and chapeaux to all those involved in the deal

Don't get me wrong, I am under no illusion that there is still a way to go before we see him in the first team. It is a long time since he played a competitive game, so even if his general fitness is good, it may be a month or more before he's match ready. If the management team can do that and he is anything like the guy who played for Killy, we should have some exciting games coming up.

He has played two closed door games according to Jagszone. 

Now maybe mimic Hibs of the 50’s and go along these lines, full backs are over-rated anyway.  

bell

keown  mcginty

fitzpatrick  bannigan  penrice

coulibaly  doolan storey mutombo    quitongo

Can always revert to a 3-3-4  when protecting our 7-6 lead.      :P            

Edited by elevenone

2 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Now maybe mimic Hibs of the 50’s and go along these lines, full backs are over-rated anyway.  

bell

keown  mcginty

:P            

That is just plain silly ......

Archie is not going to start Fitzpatrick !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, elevenone said:

bell

keown  mcginty

Can always revert to a 3-3-4  when protecting our 7-6 lead.      :P            

Seems a bit defensive to me. Too much like Archie's tactics at Dunfermline.

I would replace Keown and McGinty with Erskine and Spittal.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blackpool Jags said:

Brilliant news. Well done, Thistle.

This could be the spark that ignites our season. 

It is brilliant news , put my hands up , never thought Coullabaye would sign, need to change Archie’s mindset and get his team playing with flair , we should scrap the 5 at the back with 2 holding midfielders , get the players to play on the front foot and the midfield to burst a gut supporting the forward/s

Not sure that’ll happen though 

• Like 3

Great news. I think Dools plays well when he has competition and also when he plays less games.

Real shame we've lost our goal soring CB for the season as we'd really be piecing things together nicely.

Hopefully we can sign a central link player in January, who can attach the forward(s) to the rest of the team. Someone exactly like Sean Welsh - so exact in fact that I wish we would just try and sign him back.

9 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Great news. I think Dools plays well when he has competition and also when he plays less games.

Real shame we've lost our goal soring CB for the season as we'd really be piecing things together nicely.

Hopefully we can sign a central link player in January, who can attach the forward(s) to the rest of the team. Someone exactly like Sean Welsh - so exact in fact that I wish we would just try and sign him back.

Unless Archie moves people out, then I'd be surprised if we sign anyone in January.

• 2 months later...