Souleymane Coulibaly

TartanC4

43 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

If we can get him fit I think he would do a good job for us. I think I heard Caldwell say that Coulibaly was working in the gym. Anybody know when he will be back?

The amount of time and effort that the club put into getting this guy signed has been horrendous .... only for him  to break down without even playing a full 90 mins.             Could only happen to us...

4 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Looks like Lee Irwin and Anthony Stoke have done the same as coulibaly as they have walked out of their club in Iran.

AJ, I am impressed that you are fitter than two professional footballers. They walked and you ran. 

When we win a game, you will not be content with merely swinging on the bar. You will be doing Double Tkatchevs

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

AJ, I am impressed that you are fitter than two professional footballers. They walked and you ran. 

When we win a game, you will not be content with merely swinging on the bar. You will be doing Double Tkatchevs

PTD the last time I ran I came in fourth in a race with 2 snails and a tortoise.

• 2 months later...

Interesting here ,first of all I think coulibaly re posting a fans opinion undermining a fellow player is incredibly unprofessional (as much as I couldn’t agree more with the tweet too). I would also like to raise the question does anyone know what’s going on with coulibaly ,does Caldwell not rate him? what’s going on here? Are Roy or Mansell truly any better or fitter than coulibaly? Even if he isint match fit surely he  his fit enough to play 10 minutes as a sub . I just find myself puzzled as to why we went to all this trouble signing him and why we have such a talented player rotting away behing Miles Storey of all people ,it really does baffle me. 

32080F5E-E731-4349-B0C2-78B4630F4DE3.jpeg

Edited by HeWearsNumber9

37 minutes ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Interesting here ,first of all I think coulibaly re posting a fans opinion undermining a fellow player is incredibly unprofessional (as much as I couldn’t agree more with the tweet too). I would also like to raise the question does anyone know what’s going on with coulibaly ,does Caldwell not rate him? what’s going on here? Are Roy or Mansell truly any better or fitter than coulibaly? Even if he isint match fit surely he  his fit enough to play 10 minutes as a sub . I just find myself puzzled as to why we went to all this trouble signing him and why we have such a talented player rotting away behing Miles Storey of all people ,it really does baffle me. 

Saw this earlier too, don't think Coulibaly is doing himself any favours on twitter, having said that i agree that he should be getting game time if he is fit.

He tweeted last week that he had played a full 90 mins in a friendly so hopefully we will see him playing soon. 

31 minutes ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Have just posted on East Fife v Jags thread my own mystification as to why Mansell and Roy have been preferred to Coulibaly. Would certainly extend that mystification to Storey, if Coulibaly is fit enough to play even half a game. 

Have often wondered why players of uncertain fitness are held back on the bench. The problem is that as time runs on, if the game is at all close, there is a worry about bringing that player on, especially if all other substitutes have been committed and there is no change that can be made if the player's fitness is not up to the mark. Why not start that player? If he plays all or most of the 90 minutes at full tilt, that is a wonderful bonus. If he pulls up after 15 minutes, at least we tried, and we can bring a replacement on and still plan to make 2 more changes if necessary or helpful later. Having a potential 3 subs out of 6 outfield players is an incredible luxury which is not used enough.

• Like 1

Agree he certainly is not doing himself any favours. Have a feeling he’ll be gone the summer having done just about nothing will be snapped up by a premier league team and will no doubt be absolutely incredible for them next season while we sit and wonder what might have been.

17 minutes ago, jaggymct said:

Saw this earlier too, don't think Coulibaly is doing himself any favours on twitter, having said that i agree that he should be getting game time if he is fit.

He tweeted last week that he had played a full 90 mins in a friendly so hopefully we will see him playing soon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Have just posted on East Fife v Jags thread my own mystification as to why Mansell and Roy have been preferred to Coulibaly. Would certainly extend that mystification to Storey, if Coulibaly is fit enough to play even half a game. 

Have often wondered why players of uncertain fitness are held back on the bench. The problem is that as time runs on, if the game is at all close, there is a worry about bringing that player on, especially if all other substitutes have been committed and there is no change that can be made if the player's fitness is not up to the mark. Why not start that player? If he plays all or most of the 90 minutes at full tilt, that is a wonderful bonus. If he pulls up after 15 minutes, at least we tried, and we can bring a replacement on and still plan to make 2 more changes if necessary or helpful later. Having a potential 3 subs out of 6 outfield players is an incredible luxury which is not used enough.

Ran out of likes. Agree PTD.