Souleymane Coulibaly

TartanC4

56 minutes ago, Ancipital said:

Daily Express reporting we're trying to get Scott Mcdonald out of retirement again. If he's fitter than Coulibaly then there definitely is a fitness issue for Coulibaly. 

If that’s remotely true then that’s  a huge problem , preferring a 35 yr old who hasn’t played for 6 months against a reasonably fit 24 yr old In Souleymane Coulibaye 

Sounds like Gary Caldwell is pressing the panic button , not sure the manager is sending out the right signals .

Edited by jlsarmy

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

If that’s remotely true then that’s  a huge problem , preferring a 35 yr old who hasn’t played for 6 months against a reasonably fit 24 yr old In Souleymane Coulibaye 

Sounds like Gary Caldwell is pressing the panic button , not sure the manager is sending out the right signals .

Hasn’t played since last April, close to a year out of football now. Hopefully no more than newspaper talk.

30 minutes ago, sandy said:

At 30 years old, he fits the managers profile for signings ;)

Hazard, McMillan, Saunders, Roy And Mansell all in their 20s???

as for those signed in their 30s - cardle And Anderson look very decent signings.

harkins okay though not overly fit

Edited by Third Lanark

He not even signed, let alone played but hey let’s use it to have another go at the manager anyway 

1 hour ago, Thistle88 said:

Wouldn't have a problem with McDonald signing, reckon he would grab 10 goals between now and the end of season. I've got a feeling Coulibaly has a appearance clause in his contract and maybe we are too skint for him to be playing.

This actually seems very plausible.....lets be honest with regard to other potential strikers we probably need someone who is guaranteed to make an immediate goalscoring impact. There ain't many out there.

Wouldn't have a problem with McDonald signing, reckon he would grab 10 goals between now and the end of season. I've got a feeling Coulibaly has a appearance clause in his contract and maybe we are too skint for him to be playing.

Don't think he did much with Dundee Utd last season. He has not played for 10 months. How long till he is match fit ? Of course if he signs for us I hope you are right and we do get 10 goals from him.

2 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Don't think he did much with Dundee Utd last season. He has not played for 10 months. How long till he is match fit ? Of course if he signs for us I hope you are right and we do get 10 goals from him.

He would have to get 10 goals in 13 games 

I’m not sure that’s going to happen 

Rather optimistic. 10 goals in 13/14 matches and he won't be close to being match fit. He scored 6 goals last season over the same period when he was fully fit.

Interesting point about Coulibaly. Could well be on the right track but let's hope not.

Scott McDonald. I remember writing to the club when he was released by Bournemouth to alert them to the availability of a great young player. Must have been at the start of the Gerry Collins era. They replied to tell me that there was a big difference between the English 4th tier and the Scottish Premier League and I was left wondering in which direction. A year later and he signs for Motherwell along with Richie Foran who I also told them about.

What might have been ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Scott McDonald. I remember writing to the club when he was released by Bournemouth to alert them to the availability of a great young player. Must have been at the start of the Gerry Collins era. They replied to tell me that there was a big difference between the English 4th tier and the Scottish Premier League and I was left wondering in which direction. A year later and he signs for Motherwell along with Richie Foran who I also told them about.

What might have been ?

Gerry Collins is on Rocksport Radio he is on 1 night of the week on this sure he would be delighted to be proved wrong on this one

Coulibaly is the definition of a cowboy footballer. ****** his last job and unprofessional in his current employment. How long does it take to get fit? Hes a waste of our time and the sooner he ****s off the better. We've had our fair share of wage thieves in recent years, this guy sums up our previous mismanagement

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

Coulibaly is the definition of a cowboy footballer. ****** his last job and unprofessional in his current employment. How long does it take to get fit? Hes a waste of our time and the sooner he ****s off the better. We've had our fair share of wage thieves in recent years, this guy sums up our previous mismanagement

Do yourself a favour and ask a Kilmarnock supporter if he can play? , go onto YouTube and check his goals out , surely be an asset to the team .Do you know he’s not fit ? 

Do yourself a favour and ask a Kilmarnock supporter if he can play? , go onto YouTube and check his goals out , surely be an asset to the team .Do you know he’s not fit ? 

It's a forum, so apparently you can just bump yer gums and say whit ye like, no substance or truth required...

4 hours ago, sandy said:

It’s a forum, it’s natural to speculate and debate in the absence of concrete info.

When a cup tie is played home and away, the team with the highest goal tally over the two legs of the tie is deemed the winner. 

Ok, not exactly concrete info but I thought aggregate info be of use.

• Haha 2