Souleymane Coulibaly

TartanC4

3 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Do yourself a favour and ask a Kilmarnock supporter if he can play? , go onto YouTube and check his goals out , surely be an asset to the team .Do you know he’s not fit ? 

I assume he's fit but not deemed good enough to start. Caldwell sees him day in and day out so presumably he is in a reasonable position to judge. His old goals on you tube are now irrelevant. 

4 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Do yourself a favour and ask a Kilmarnock supporter if he can play? , go onto YouTube and check his goals out , surely be an asset to the team .Do you know he’s not fit ? 

Look, I heralded his arrival when he officially signed in October. He has barely kicked a ball since. If he is as good as I thought he was given his form as Killie, why does he not play? Its reasonable then to assume he is unable to play due to fitness issues.

Then again, there are other smart arses on here that can tell me exactly what the issue is, lets hear it then Algarve

5 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Look, I heralded his arrival when he officially signed in October. He has barely kicked a ball since. If he is as good as I thought he was given his form as Killie, why does he not play? Its reasonable then to assume he is unable to play due to fitness issues.

Then again, there are other smart arses on here that can tell me exactly what the issue is, lets hear it then Algarve

Do you know what, I’ve no idea what has gone wrong , I watched him play at Strathclyde Park 3 or 4 months ago in a bounce game , obviously not up to speed as he hadn’t played for 18 months but he was at Firhill for at least a couple of months with no wages to try and get back into the game after the problems he had with his transfer abroad.

The ability he had at Kilmarnock hasn’t gone away at 24 years of age  and I think some of the goals he scored and are shown on the internet show the ability he has ,  where we are just now in terms of league position and injuries surely he should be given a chance ,

We’ll never know if he can recreate his Kilmarnock form if we don’t even give him a start .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Do you know what, I’ve no idea what has gone wrong , I watched him play at Strathclyde Park 3 or 4 months ago in a bounce game , obviously not up to speed as he hadn’t played for 18 months but he was at Firhill for at least a couple of months with no wages to try and get back into the game after the problems he had with his transfer abroad.

The ability he had at Kilmarnock hasn’t gone away at 24 years of age  and I think some of the goals he scored and are shown on the internet show the ability he has ,  where we are just now in terms of league position and injuries surely he should be given a chance ,

We’ll never know if he can recreate his Kilmarnock form if we don’t even give him a start .

Presumably he is not recreating his Killie form in training? Maybe he is scoring wonder goals left right and centre and just for a laugh Caldwell can't be arsed playing him. 

20 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Rather optimistic. 10 goals in 13/14 matches and he won't be close to being match fit. He scored 6 goals last season over the same period when he was fully fit.

Interesting point about Coulibaly. Could well be on the right track but let's hope not.

Don't think McDonald's ever been the fittest in all honesty but he's always been a good finisher, decent at holding the ball up and annoys opposition defenders.  10 is optimistic but I think he would definitely contribute between now and the end of the season.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Yeah we’re doing great under Gary Caldwell 

Coulibaly's 'return to fitness' has coincided with a six-game unbeaten streak. Other players appear to be in the team ahead of him on merit.

Seems he's on the verge of another internet strop. I can't imagine that carries much weight with Caldwell. He's already shipped out guys he's deemed to have a poor attitude, to our benefit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Coulibaly's 'return to fitness' has coincided with a six-game unbeaten streak. Other players appear to be in the team ahead of him on merit.

Seems he's on the verge of another internet strop. I can't imagine that carries much weight with Caldwell. He's already shipped out guys he's deemed to have a poor attitude, to our benefit.

He's a very good player I don't think anyone has any doubts about it, but expecting to walk into the starting 11 is something I'm hoping is a thing of the past. I can imagine Storey running himself into the ground in training every week because he wants to play, yes he's not very good but I imagine Coulibaly has expected to be injury free and to be a starter. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

He's a very good player I don't think anyone has any doubts about it, but expecting to walk into the starting 11 is something I'm hoping is a thing of the past. I can imagine Storey running himself into the ground in training every week because he wants to play, yes he's not very good but I imagine Coulibaly has expected to be injury free and to be a starter. 

Think you’re probably right , if you’ve played football at any level you see players who are fantastic in training all week , but the time Saturday comes they can’t do it for whatever reason. There has been plenty of examples over the years of players who have been “ bad trainers “ but when  Saturday comes these are the guys you can depend on to get a result. 

I hope that’s not the reason why Coulibaye is not getting game time because without a doubt he’s been a success at a much higher level than he’s playing at just now , and to counter on the unbeaten record since the start of the year ( taking into account two of the teams were Stranraer and East Fife ) maybe the draws we’ve had could have been turned into wins if we had a proven match winner on the park .

• Like 1

So far in 2019, much to my delight and surprise, Caldwell has done a great job. There is still a helluva lot of catching up to do following Archie’s legacy and Caldwell’s complete inability to extract anything out of the talent that remained.

Everyone agrees that Storey is at best’not very good’, at worst a haddy. He does seem a decent hard working bloke and has of course overlapped both regimes. Caldwell appears to have disposed of those who were dragging down the whole club as it’s clear for all to see that the players are doing a better shift, with some results. At our level sometimes desire, hard work, belief and organisation is more important than ability. 

If the improved players such as Elliott, Spittal and Penrice are responding to this, perhaps Caldwell sees the benefit of Storey being in and around the team rather than playing Coulibaly who may not display these attributes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

So far in 2019, much to my delight and surprise, Caldwell has done a great job. There is still a helluva lot of catching up to do following Archie’s legacy and Caldwell’s complete inability to extract anything out of the talent that remained.

Everyone agrees that Storey is at best’not very good’, at worst a haddy. He does seem a decent hard working bloke and has of course overlapped both regimes. Caldwell appears to have disposed of those who were dragging down the whole club as it’s clear for all to see that the players are doing a better shift, with some results. At our level sometimes desire, hard work, belief and organisation is more important than ability. 

If the improved players such as Elliott, Spittal and Penrice are responding to this, perhaps Caldwell sees the benefit of Storey being in and around the team rather than playing Coulibaly who may not display these attributes.

Out of the 3 players mentioned, the only one who has improved has been Blair Spittal in my opinion  .Christie Elliott has recovered from a terrible loss of form and is now back to where he was in the Premier League and James Penrice has at best been steady not really the wing back we’re looking for playing in a 3 at the back because of his lack of pace . Agree you need a functional team with runners but we also need guys who’ve got something a bit different to win games , Joe Cardle looks as if he can do it and Aidan Fitzpatrick will also have a part to play in that as well , at his age Coulibaye should also have a part to play in helping us to stay up .

11 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

to counter on the unbeaten record since the start of the year ( taking into account two of the teams were Stranraer and East Fife ) maybe the draws we’ve had could have been turned into wins if we had a proven match winner on the park .

And if your auntie had baws she'd be your uncle.

Bottom line is that GC, who works with him everyday, believes that the team works better with others in the team ahead of him. We can only speculate on why this should be (fitness, skill, attitude), but whatever the reason, I'm sure that it is for the benefit of the team performance.

I'm personally disappointed as I thought we would see goals flying in from all angles, but I guess that is not to be.

On 2/15/2019 at 12:28 AM, Thistle88 said:

The problem (from what I was told) is exactly that, he believes he should walk into that team, he’s been told he’s not fit, yet insists on tweeting he’s fully fit, from what I was told he won’t go the extra mile to lose some timber or improve his fitness, he expects that to come once playing 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 12:16 AM, jlsarmy said:

Think you’re probably right , if you’ve played football at any level you see players who are fantastic in training all week , but the time Saturday comes they can’t do it for whatever reason. There has been plenty of examples over the years of players who have been “ bad trainers “ but when  Saturday comes these are the guys you can depend on to get a result. 

I hope that’s not the reason why Coulibaye is not getting game time because without a doubt he’s been a success at a much higher level than he’s playing at just now , and to counter on the unbeaten record since the start of the year ( taking into account two of the teams were Stranraer and East Fife ) maybe the draws we’ve had could have been turned into wins if we had a proven match winner on the park .

The draws could have been turned into wins if we hadn’t atrocious officials such as a mr Dallas