Souleymane Coulibaly

TartanC4

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The reality is he doesnt have the cash - and we are at possible risk they could come after us - dragging us into an expensive and long drawn out Court Case for a guy who we have paid to get fit  - and has played a sum total of 50 minutes Football - the ruling has gone in there favour - now there Lawyers will chase whoever they think they can get a pay out from - the Courts my reading is that this is now a Civil Debt matter - will decide who is liable for the debt -in fairness our General Manager is a qaulified Lawyer - so Im assuming we will be ok 

The article and the quote from Al Ahly's legal consultant doesn't even hint that Al Ahly will be pursuing Partick Thistle for the fine that was imposed upon Coulibaly. Despite the headline there is no mention of a bill heading our way or of any intent to seek money from Thistle. 

Coulibaly appealed the fine he was given. He lost that appeal. Coulibaly owes Al Ahly the money. Either he pays, it or gets someone to pay it for him (as suggested by Al Ahly's legal consultant), or once the current temporary registration issued by FIFA expires (or is revoked) he doesn't play professional football. 

I'm no lawyer and I could, of course, be way off the mark but a basic, layman's,  understanding of the process of granting an International Transfer Certificate and specifically what happened re Coulibaly's transfer to Thistle makes me think that the chances of Thistle being liable to pay a fine imposed on Coulibaly are unlikely. 

2 hours ago, Big Col said:

The club should never have got involved in this mess and left the player well alone in the first place. Another shambles.

I’m not sure I agree with this. He was a player with a great pedigree who we took a punt on. Had he not been injured he may well have done us a good turn. He will be liable for the majority of legal fees, and I doubt our expenditure has been huge. The dispute is between him and his club.

It’s been a disappointment given his lack of on field contribution, but not sure how it could be described as a shambles? 

22 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I’m not sure I agree with this. He was a player with a great pedigree who we took a punt on. Had he not been injured he may well have done us a good turn. He will be liable for the majority of legal fees, and I doubt our expenditure has been huge. The dispute is between him and his club.

It’s been a disappointment given his lack of on field contribution, but not sure how it could be described as a shambles? 

We needed to build a squad that was capable of challenging for promotion. We pick a player who is in dispute with his club, a player who we can’t field, a player who hasn’t played for ages. And now it appears that we may have to shell out some money we can’t afford as a result of his former club winning an appeal. Sounds kinda shambolic to me.

34 minutes ago, Big Col said:

We needed to build a squad that was capable of challenging for promotion. We pick a player who is in dispute with his club, a player who we can’t field, a player who hasn’t played for ages. And now it appears that we may have to shell out some money we can’t afford as a result of his former club winning an appeal. Sounds kinda shambolic to me.

What money are we having to ‘shell out’?

Edited by ClydebankJag

10 hours ago, ClydebankJag said:

Why not read all the subsequent news reports instead where the club confirm that FIFA have provided assurances that we are not responsible for any settlement?

The club have also stated previously that

- We are going for Promotion (December & February)

- Training ground will be ready for June

- We have planning permission to redevelop the city end ( prior to demolishing the terrace)

Lets see where this pans out, as I don’t believe it’s as cut and dried as the club is making out

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Big Col said:

We aren’t having to shell out for anything, that’s been confirmed. We took a chance on a player with a superb record, he had to wait a bit for his clearance to come through, it then came through and then he got injured. Genuinely struggling to fathom what’s shambolic about that.

The club deserve criticism for a lot of things but I can’t see that they’ve done anything wrong at all on this one - it just hasn’t worked out. It happens. 

I'm a believer in the manager/club using up a wild card when building a squad, Taking the odd gamble and signing someone out of left field for want of a better expression. 

This season tho' there's been a few too many wild cards signed when we don't have a single dedicated hard tackling defensive midfielder or decent fullback cover. In my mind Coulibaly, Storer, Harkins & McDonald are all wild cards. Technically all good players but for various reasons all gamble signings. Thats the equivalent of four jokers in a pack that only contains about twenty cards.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'm a believer in the manager/club using up a wild card when building a squad, Taking the odd gamble and signing someone out of left field for want of a better expression. 

This season tho' there's been a few too many wild cards signed when we don't have a single dedicated hard tackling defensive midfielder or decent fullback cover. In my mind Coulibaly, Storer, Harkins & McDonald are all wild cards. Technically all good players but for various reasons all gamble signings. Thats the equivalent of four jokers in a pack that only contains about twenty cards.

Ran out of likes. Is the manager a joker?

More likely the 'lightning struck tower' tarot card?:- 

Depiction: The image of the Tower card is powerful, depicting a solid tower being struck by lightning, and fire crawling out from the small windows at its top.
Meaning: The Tower is commonly interpreted as meaning danger, crisis, destruction, and liberation. It is associated with sudden unforeseen change.

Edited by ARu-Strathbungo

22 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

More likely the 'lightning struck tower' tarot card?:- 

Depiction: The image of the Tower card is powerful, depicting a solid tower being struck by lightning, and fire crawling out from the small windows at its top.
Meaning: The Tower is commonly interpreted as meaning danger, crisis, destruction, and liberation. It is associated with sudden unforeseen change.

You seem well versed in Tarot cards ARu.  Is it a professional interest?

Perhaps you would do a reading and let us know our fate - relegation or Championship survival?

(Note that I have not included promotion in the card reading - I am a realist.   You may want to include that option however on the chance that Gerry, Gary or Jaqui may be following all this.)

Edited by eljaggo

I watched the Morton>Falkirk game, and the DUFC>Caley game, I thought our skills level was pretty much similar to all of the other four. The worrying fact is Falkirk are now looking a capable team, and as I don't see any of the other bottom 6 team really playing poorly, I think the best we will do is to finish above Alloa in ninth, and hopefully play to form in the play-offs.

And I can assure you I am not Gerry, if I was I would have bought Michael Gardyne and Aaron Doran in the January window!!