Souleymane Coulibaly

TartanC4

There won’t be any sitting and waiting. 

There is a procedure.  You apply for the clearance and you wait for a response. If the association doesn’t respond within the agreed time frame the governing body are brought into play and they have an agreed time frame within which they will respond.  And so on and so on as you follow the procedure. 

There is no sitting and waiting other than on the procedure to take its course. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Caramaca said:

Don’t need to back up my post, I was not suggesting that I had the answer to the replacement as I am not privet to all that would be available at the given time and indeed if they would be within our wage structure. My point was simple, how long do we tie up a “Possible wage”on someone we are waiting clearance for.

You are not privet, therefore we should not be hedging our bets or trimming the squad.

• Haha 1

On 07/09/2018 at 7:31 AM, Caramaca said:

Jag , not sure we are really in a position to take a punt on a couple of players 

I think it's quite the opposite. I think we have to take a punt on them.

The two players have shown at previous clubs that they have the quality we need, especially Coulibaly. If we can get them both in our team we should have two very good players on our hands. If one of them doesn't work out and the other does, the gamble will still have paid off.

Even if both don't make it, what have we lost? We won't be paying Coulibaly if he can't register and isn't able to play and Quitongo has only signed for a few months.

On 9/7/2018 at 10:59 AM, Dick Dastardly said:

I think that everyone should just chill and wait for as long as it takes to either get the clearance, or to admit defeat. At the end of the day, if we get him, it's a bonus that nobody expected and if we don't then very little harm done.

All  sounds quite biblical, The Judgment of Souleymane

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

All  sounds quite biblical, The Judgment of Souleymane

at one point when it appeared that barcelona would overcome real madrid in their tug-of-war over the signing of alfredo di stefano, the spanish federation (under general franco's influence) proposed that he play for both clubs in alternate seasons. rather than chop the player in half (so to speak), barca pulled out of the negotiations. sadly, they were the losers.,..

1 hour ago, robphil said:

at one point when it appeared that barcelona would overcome real madrid in their tug-of-war over the signing of alfredo di stefano, the spanish federation (under general franco's influence) proposed that he play for both clubs in alternate seasons. rather than chop the player in half (so to speak), barca pulled out of the negotiations. sadly, they were the losers.,..

My Dear Rob - that,s poorly researched work - the established facts are that Barca refused to pay the Transfer Fee - Sid Lowe who is an excellent Journalist on all Matters of Spanish Football -managed to find a File from the former head of the Phalange referring to the Transfer  - however the dates ref the Transfer and the correspondence are both August and the evidence is at best "hearsay"-  after the fact and Post Franco all sorts of "new" facts based on supposed conversations with the Barca President who refused the transfer value fee came to light - but again given most people were desperate to distance themselves from the Franco era -  its hearsay - we do know that Real Madrid paid the full transfer fee PLUS De Stefano received a  much enhanced salary than the Barca deal - given he had moved about in South America chasing better wages - then this would be a factor - as for Franco - there is zero evidence linking him or his Govt - in fact Franco wasn't a Football Fan - the Phalange who came under his control backed Real Madrid - Not Franco ( hence the Banner with the Two arrows ( the Phalange Symbol ) which is still flown at Real Madrid Sud to this day    - but major credit to Sid Lowe in uncovering the document it gives an interesting twist to the tale - Barca have been masters of re-invention of themselves during the Franco Era - very little of it stands up to close scrutiny  -at the end of his career De Stefano did sign for Catalunyas No1 Club   - Real Club Deportivo Espanyol  - VISCA PERICOS !! 

1 hour ago, potty trained said:

Why won't Quitongo be able to play, has he booked a holiday?

The guy hasn’t played in 8 months, hasn’t even made the bench at any fixture since signing. Picking a free agent up in October has more chance of being fit, as for Souleymane he hasn’t kicked a ball in 15 months, even getting clearance he’s a lot of reserve games away from being close to match fit

16 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

My Dear Rob - that,s poorly researched work - the established facts are that Barca refused to pay the Transfer Fee - Sid Lowe who is an excellent Journalist on all Matters of Spanish Football -managed to find a File from the former head of the Phalange referring to the Transfer  - however the dates ref the Transfer and the correspondence are both August and the evidence is at best "hearsay"-  after the fact and Post Franco all sorts of "new" facts based on supposed conversations with the Barca President who refused the transfer value fee came to light - but again given most people were desperate to distance themselves from the Franco era -  its hearsay - we do know that Real Madrid paid the full transfer fee PLUS De Stefano received a  much enhanced salary than the Barca deal - given he had moved about in South America chasing better wages - then this would be a factor - as for Franco - there is zero evidence linking him or his Govt - in fact Franco wasn't a Football Fan - the Phalange who came under his control backed Real Madrid - Not Franco ( hence the Banner with the Two arrows ( the Phalange Symbol ) which is still flown at Real Madrid Sud to this day    - but major credit to Sid Lowe in uncovering the document it gives an interesting twist to the tale - Barca have been masters of re-invention of themselves during the Franco Era - very little of it stands up to close scrutiny  -at the end of his career De Stefano did sign for Catalunyas No1 Club   - Real Club Deportivo Espanyol  - VISCA PERICOS !! 

Sid may well be correct Jj, but the official Barcelona website makes mention of the 'alternate season' proposal and various media outlets - notably Reuters,  sports illustrated and the bbc - have all stressed the Franco regime's influence on events. Perhaps they were all equally guilty of 'poor research...'