Souleymane Coulibaly

TartanC4

27 minutes ago, Jag said:

We actually have a man more in the squad than was originally planned so if things don't work out we still have numbers.

The club have taken a punt on Coulibaly and Quitongo. I think it is worth the risk. 

Jag , not sure we are really in a position to take a punt on a couple of players 

2 minutes ago, Caramaca said:

As I have said before I don’t have a list to give you your answer, “my post was a question “, if you don’t want to answer then end off.

I didnt ask for a list. I asked you to give your opinion on the sort of quality of player you think we will be able to choose from, given that we didn't deem them good enough in July, August or September. What sort of standard will be available to us, instead of taking a punt on Coulibaly, which you are against us doing.

1 minute ago, potty trained said:

I didnt ask for a list. I asked you to give your opinion on the sort of quality of player you think we will be able to choose from, given that we didn't deem them good enough in July, August or September. What sort of standard will be available to us, instead of taking a punt on Coulibaly, which you are against us doing.

Yes, and I asked your opinion on how long we should wait for clearance.

Yes, and I asked your opinion on how long we should wait for clearance.

I'm in no rush. We've taken a punt on Quitongo. Storey has offered us something different when played through the middle and Doolan was a linesman away from opening his account for the season. 

Added to the fact that we have no idea of how discussions are progressing, I wouldn't put a deadline on it, with absolutely no information to go on.

1 minute ago, potty trained said:

I'm in no rush. We've taken a punt on Quitongo. Storey has offered us something different when played through the middle and Doolan was a linesman away from opening his account for the season. 

Added to the fact that we have no idea of how discussions are progressing, I wouldn't put a deadline on it, with absolutely no information to go on.

Ok, so if in say 6 months we are still in the same situation with the registration you would be happy with the wage we would be paying him being unused ?

7 minutes ago, Caramaca said:

Ok, so if in say 6 months we are still in the same situation with the registration you would be happy with the wage we would be paying him being unused ?

Tell me more about what the current situation is. What sort of feedback have we had. What response have we had from the paperwork we submitted? When are we expecting a response to our "case"?

Then tell me how much we are paying him.

Then I can give an educated answer.

Whilst you're doing that. You can answer my question you keep dodging about what sort of player will be without a club in October, and maybe tell us how their addition will benefit the squad.

Edited by potty trained

4 minutes ago, potty trained said:

Tell me more about what the current situation is. What sort of feedback have we had. What response have we had from the paperwork we submitted? When are we expecting a response to our "case"?

Then tell me how much we are paying him.

Then I can give an educated answer.

Whilst you're doing that. You can answer my question you keep dodging about what sort of player will be without a club in October, and maybe tell us how their addition will benefit the squad.

If you are talking about dodging a question, you still haven’t answered my original post except to say that you are in no rush, which is pretty vague. 

13 minutes ago, Caramaca said:

If you are talking about dodging a question, you still haven’t answered my original post except to say that you are in no rush, which is pretty vague. 

You missed the second part of that post...

31 minutes ago, potty trained said:

So. Now that we have established my answer to your original question...

Can you maybe back up your original post and tell us more about what sort of quality of player will be available 5 weeks after the window closed. You know, the ones you think we should consider taking a punt on. Even though you've stated because of our results last season in a different division, we shouldn't be taking punts on players this season.

Edited by potty trained

4 minutes ago, potty trained said:

You missed the second part of that post...

So. Now that we have established my answer to your original question...

Can you maybe back up your original post and tell us more about what sort of quality of player will be available 5 weeks after the window closed. You know, the ones you think we should consider taking a punt on. Even though you've stated because of our results last season in a different division, we shouldn't be taking punts on players this season.

Don’t need to back up my post, I was not suggesting that I had the answer to the replacement as I am not privet to all that would be available at the given time and indeed if they would be within our wage structure. My point was simple, how long do we tie up a “Possible wage”on someone we are waiting clearance for.

• Haha 1

Don’t need to back up my post, I was not suggesting that I had the answer to the replacement as I am not privet to all that would be available at the given time and indeed if they would be within our wage structure. My point was simple, how long do we tie up a “Possible wage”on someone we are waiting clearance for.

Well, you did suggest you had the answer. 4 weeks then bring in someone who no one else wants, as a replacement. 

2 minutes ago, potty trained said:

Well, you did suggest you had the answer. 4 weeks then bring in someone who no one else wants, as a replacement. 

Please tell me in what way I suggested I had the answer. I only gave my opinion of a time frame to move on from the lack of clearance.

16 minutes ago, Caramaca said:

He won’t be on any significant wage until he is able to play

12 hours ago, Caramaca said:

I think max I more month then cut him loose and get someone who can play.

So you do provide an answer. Get someone who is eligible to play.

The fact that you are unwilling to even acknowledge that those "who can play" (without a club) in October, are most likely absolute shite, demonstrates that, at best, You are havering.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, potty trained said:

So you do provide an answer. Get someone who is eligible to play.

The fact that you are unwilling to even acknowledge that those "who can play" (without a club) in October, are most likely absolute shite, demonstrates that, at best, You are havering.

Ha ha, bit of a blanket statement that they are most likely to be shite, and I’m the one who is havering. Have a nice day, I’m done with you.

15 minutes ago, Caramaca said:

Ha ha, bit of a blanket statement that they are most likely to be shite, and I’m the one who is havering. Have a nice day, I’m done with you.

Good point. There's most likely loads of out of work, cracking players, kicking about doing the gardening or something, that we can pick up in a months time.

Sort of begs the question. Why is not one team signing them today?