Reserve Match on Monday

Fawlty Towers

4 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Just in case you missed it the reserve game against Ross County on Monday has been moved from Lesser Hampden to Firhill. Kick off is still 2pm and entry is free.

Archie explained in his interview prior to today's game that it has been moved so we can play Bannigan on a grass pitch.

Good news, I hope that he comes through it OK.

16 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Just in case you missed it the reserve game against Ross County on Monday has been moved from Lesser Hampden to Firhill. Kick off is still 2pm and entry is free.

Archie explained in his interview prior to today's game that it has been moved so we can play Bannigan on a grass pitch.

Nah, I think it's so he'll be nearer the physio's table! B). Seriously,  it will be good to see him getting back to playing fitness.

11 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Not playing on grass is going to be an ongoing problem with regards to players returning from injury. Whilst the Reserves should be ideal for a recovering player to regain match fitness, playing on artificial surfaces is far from ideal. Our home games and most of the away games will be played on plastic. 

34 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Bannigan and Mtembwe did ok without doing anything special. Wasn’t overly impressed with the no.9(Quitongo ?). The no.4 was a total bomb scare. Thistles best player by quite a distance was Fitzpatrick.

Yep fully agree with all the above.  Fitzpatrick was clattered and hobbling at end which hopefully is not anything serious.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Bannigan and Mtembwe did ok without doing anything special. Wasn’t overly impressed with the no.9(Quitongo ?). The no.4 was a total bomb scare. Thistles best player by quite a distance was Fitzpatrick.

You have had a few different attempts at his name neither of them correct. Its Ntambwe, but i look forward to your next effort :D

How did Brice play anyway?

Id be surprised if we took a punt on Jai Quitongo, the last thing we need us another Dumbuya in the main stand.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Yep fully agree with all the above.  Fitzpatrick was clattered and hobbling at end which hopefully is not anything serious.

Young Aiden was an absolute standout in what was a pretty shocking display,couldnt believe that he was kept on when he was obviously struggling.

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

You have had a few different attempts at his name neither of them correct. Its Ntambwe, but i look forward to your next effort :D

How did Brice play anyway?

Id be surprised if we took a punt on Jai Quitongo, the last thing we need us another Dumbuya in the main stand.

Thanks for pointing it out. I might take a leaf out of your book and just call him Bryce !

As I said he was ok without being outstanding. At the start of the game he was making good space for himself, but for some reason the others weren’t passing to him. Maybe, because he called everyone “Hey”.

Didnt really see him make any mistakes or get caught on the ball

Of all Archie's bizarre decisions last season and during  the early weeks of this drab and dreary excursion in the championship, to have our most exciting talent parade his skills in the reserve league is baffling in the extreme. he is slowly throttling our club. no other manager in world football would have survived his record since April '17. I do not like the notion of anyone being out of a job but the board has to arrest this depressing descent. 

Let us not get TOO carried away with young Aidan. He was a standout today but NOT without fault. Three times in a row I counted him giving the ball away. That, in the first team, might be what Archie is worrying about. 

Yup!  He might have been frustrated by the mediocrity /inexperience around him. And there's was certainly plenty of that. The first goal in less than a minute when two defenders got skinned on the left and the second backing off and backing off and scored within six minutes. 

Scott McKenzie in his interview talking about losing joke goals could have been talking about the first team.

What is this malaise at Firhill? Surely it can't go on like this?

Thought   Mtambwe was okay but not the powerful figure I expected to see but might be okay when properly fit. I saw Banzo before the season started and he looked brill but not so committed though maybe taking it a bit easier than usual, understandably , just to play himself in.

3 minutes ago, jagfaelivi said:

Let us not get TOO carried away with young Aidan. He was a standout today but NOT without fault. Three times in a row I counted him giving the ball away. That, in the first team, might be what Archie is worrying about. 

Yup!  He might have been frustrated by the mediocrity /inexperience around him. And there's was certainly plenty of that. The first goal in less than a minute when two defenders got skinned on the left and the second backing off and backing off and scored within six minutes. 

Scott McKenzie in his interview talking about losing joke goals could have been talking about the first team.

What is this malaise at Firhill? Surely it can't go on like this?

Thought   Mtambwe was okay but not the powerful figure I expected to see but might be okay when properly fit. I saw Banzo before the season started and he looked brill but not so committed though maybe taking it a bit easier than usual, understandably , just to play himself in.

Who was the trialist number 4 who seems to have been responsible for one of the goals?

regards Aidan if he has faults in the game then what does that say about the more experienced players that have been awful 

Edited by Third Lanark

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

If Aidan gave the ball away 3 times, this is less than most of the 1st teamers on Saturday, especially the player in his position.

Its an extreme irony if he’s now injured in a reserve game he shouldn’t have been involved in.

One of the reasons Aidan is involved is because of the lack of signed up players for the reserve team ( 6 or 7 players signed up ) that is getting supplemented with players from the 18s. and trialists 

I’ve no idea who has overall responsibility for recruitment ( Archie or Scott McKenzie )but the recruitment at first team level and the reserves is an absolute shambles which is obviously reflecting on results at all levels of the Club..

If you release the amount of players we did at the end of last season surely there should have been some contingency plans in place .

At this moment we’re absolutely just winging it 

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

He didn't get lumps kicked out of him today. 

Why are people that were then posting about him hobbling about after being clattered then and being kept on in a meaningless game?

Edited by Hankey

33 minutes ago, Hankey said:

Why are people that were then posting about him hobbling about after being clattered then and being kept on in a meaningless game?

He took a sore one in last 10mins by which point all subs had been used.  That said and given the score/time left I would still have taken him off as a precaution.

• Like 1