Home v Morton

I checked the league standings this morning. This time last season (and the one before) i'd have been delighted with three points. So 'ton are top equall on 7 and we are on 3. Based on that we will be underdogs?

From games so far i'm wondering what team will turn up for us, after last week i fear the worst but pre Falkirk i feared the same and thought we'd lose badly. Are the great unpredictables back?

Well, let's do it.  We're unbeaten in the league at home so far.  :thumbsup2:

Bannigan and Brice on the bench?  Fitzpatrick to start if fit?  Wonder what the score is with Shea Gordon and Andy McCarthy in terms of progress.  If we can get everyone fit, we've got an awful lot of central midfielders to choose from.  

Anyone for a Coulibaly sighting?  

35 minutes ago, AlgarveJag said:

I haven't heard anything of Tam O'Ware.  Surely one he'd want to be involved in.

Can't imagine we'll be seeing Bannigan unless ALL of Archies targets have melted like the proverbial.

If he wasn’t planning on keeping him, why would he have played yesterday ?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

If he wasn’t planning on keeping him, why would he have played yesterday ?

He'd have played the cleaner if she'd been fully fit.  

As it stands Banzo's contract expires before the Morton game.  If Archie gets a replacement this week then I don't expect to see Banzo offered anything but if no other signings materialise then Banzo may be offered some kind of pay as you play or monthly rolling contract but that must be a very big maybe

It must be bitterly disappointing to Stuart, at 26 (next month), to be in this position when he should be in the prime of his career. 

I'm sure we all wish him the best of luck.

If Bannigan is nearly back to fitness, we should offer him something. In for a penny & all that.

A fit Bannigan is exactly what this team needs & would be a standout at this level. Controls the game, makes good decisions (odd daft booking) and has the killer pass. 

Be intersestimg to see if anything develops with Quitongo too - debut against former club? 

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Except that's an artificial surface.

Not good!

Not sure if they intend never to play Banzo on an artificial surface or is it just at the start of him playing again? Depends on what medical advice they have been given. 

I do expect Banzo to resign but with clauses on how many games he plays. Don't think he is much of position to turn that down either. 

Let's hope he does get back to his best but we really don't know how it is going to pan out with him. 

Really worried about Tam Oware, really took to him in the time he has been here, big confident defender. 

Leaves Archie with a really tough job to replace him if he is out long-term. 

13 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

If your so injury prone that you cant play on an artificial pitch its time to look into a new career away from sport. We need players committed to playing 40 + games per season, not folk picking and choosing when it suits

It's generally considered far from ideal for players returning from injury to be playing on artificial surfaces. That's why you rarely see such a player playing the full 90 mins on plastic.

Anyway that wasn't the point I was making. Just indicating to AM that it wasn't necessarily "the right type of game". As to your last sentence I would rather have Bannigan playing to the level he was at pre injury only on grass than not at all. Also I'm fairly sure the lad would play on concrete if asked to. From what I know of Stuart he's a most committed character. Perhaps if he hadn't been so committed he may never have got that injury in the first place.

Anyway I'm getting ahead of myself as I don't know for sure if he'll even kick a ball again.

31 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Surely it is time to tell Bannigan, sorry, but it isn't happening.

As there are only 2 days of August remaining and his contract is 'until August' I'm guessing he's already well aware of what is or isn't happening but Archie will be giving Stuart all the time available on his contract to convince him and the medical team that there is still a career to salvage without further risk to the cub.

3 hours ago, MonehJags said:

If your so injury prone that you cant play on an artificial pitch its time to look into a new career away from sport. We need players committed to playing 40 + games per season, not folk picking and choosing when it suits

Pretty sure it's not him picking. 

Should we now dump Erskine, Doolan and Fitzpatrick too?  Sure these guys won't go 40+ this season.  

16 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Pretty sure it's not him picking. 

Should we now dump Erskine, Doolan and Fitzpatrick too?  Sure these guys won't go 40+ this season.  

Why cant they?

LIB touched on players not being risked when returning from injury on plastic parks. What about those who have sustained serious knee injuries not being risked at all even when fully fit? There must be three or four grounds we will visit twice this season where such a player would not be risked.

Believe me, I want to see the lad back in a Jags jersey as much as anyone, but not if were signing a bit part player

I think you're mixing up can't and won't.  Literally?  Everyone could play 40+ a season.  Whether they're limping, burnt out, off form.  But that's playing on semantics.

I feel like I'm unduly backing Bannigan here, but the fact is he's played more football this (pre) season than others.  We can't say whether he'll be a bit part player now.

Bell Elloit   Kewon  McGinty  Penrice    Fitzpatrick Slater   Storer   Erskine Doolan Storey        

Subs: Sneddon Wilson Spittal Mutombo Brice Melbourne 

That would be my team for tomorrow 

Edited by That 1 jags fan

17 minutes ago, That 1 jags fan said:

Bell Elloit   Kewon  McGinty  Penrice    Fitzpatrick Slater   Storer   Erskine Doolan Storey        

We playing on Friday?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, That 1 jags fan said:

Don't go to Firhill tomorrow.You will need to wait a while for the gates opening.

• Haha 1