Home v Morton

According to the broadcast:

Apparently the linesman (and I guess the ref too)  could not confirm the ball crossed the line.

So even though all 22 players thought it was a goal, it wasn't.

The Morton player , disgusted by giving up the goal, booted the ball into touch, so Thistle get the throw-in.

Postives:

First league cleansheet

Brices second half preformance

Penrices will to run at players

Kewon and Mcginty looked solid I thought

Bannigan 

Negitaves:

The first half

Penrice’s love to boot the ball to a Morton player

The ref

Lack of subs

The lack of players wanting to take a man on

That really was a game of 2 halves and on balance we deserved to win it. Still can't believe that second goal wasn't given. Slater an absolute stand out and clear MOTM. Jury out on the Belgian. 

Can't believe that Morton team thumped Ross County last week.

Enjoy your night fellow fans!

Over the moon with that result. The goal being chopped off could have work 9ne of two ways. It thankfully rallied us  and Banzo' s introduction was a masterstroke. Lifted the crowd and gave the team a second wind.

Bell: assured. Great save down to the bottom corner in the second half. Should have come for the long ball. I've forgotten about Cerny. 

Elliott. Great going forward, played a superb ball down the wing in the first half and had some great crosses, especially the one for Storey at the back post. Defensively he doesn't look fully fit. Getting too close to the winger too often.

Keown: solid no frills display. Did h8s job well. 

McGinty: becoming an absolute mountain with every game. Throws himself at everything. Played some beautiful balls out to the right wing. 

Penrice: gave the ball away cheaply, but looked very Taylor Sinclair like, going forward when he drops the shoulder.

Ntambwi: broke up everything in the middle getting between the man and the ball. Slack passing because of fitness, once he's fit he will boss this league.

Slater: a gem of a find from Archie. 

Spittal: apart from one lovely through ball in the second half, contributed nothing of note.

Erskine: everything came off for him in the first half, drove the team forward and a great finish. Tired in the second half. 

Storey: infuriating and mesmerising. He will tear full backs apart with his pace in this league, but his finishing is so shit at times. Would love to see him start scoring.

Doolan: nowhere near the movement Storey offers through the middle, but such an intelligent player with a sublime first touch. First class finish for the goal that should have stood.

Banzo: Tears welled up as he came on the park. We've really misses him. Controlled the game and moved the ball with great pace. That's why Archie showed faith in him.

Melbourne: looked bloody brilliant on the right wing. 

So many positives to take away from that.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 3

Delighted with that result and performance in general despite a few gaffs here and there which

need to eliminated from our play, but well done to the whole team.

Wonderful to see Stuart back in midfield and spraying passes about,  although I think I winced when

any Morton player went near him.

Thought Brice did okay after a nervy first half so all the best to the big lad for his time at Firhill.

8 minutes ago, erty13 said:

Great goal by Erskine, but lost the ball too much in the first half. Both him and Spittle need to up their performance. 

Agree no idea how either is getting a start. Maybe worth persevering with Erskine to see if his confidence comes back but I can't see what Spittal is offering the team.

One nil win a fair result, good goal from one of the few good bits of forward play in the game but to be honest wasn't that great a performance but with players to come in, Banzo getting back to fitness and Brice getting sharper there's no reason why we can't finish in the play off places. 

Slater was great , Penrice had some good forward runs, both centre half's were solid. Brice was good  in second half, needs more game time for sharpness, loved it when he booted the Morton lad on the ground when trying to shoot after the ball was cleared about 5 seconds before his 'shot' - Banzo never wasted a pass when he came on, hope he stays injury free for the rest of the season 

Spital dreadful, how he keeps starting I don't know. Really want Elliot at right back to work but he's just not a defender and even worse when in the opposition half 

How that second goal wasn't given I'll never know. Great finish from Doolan

Onwards and upwards 

11 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

20180901_072244.thumb.jpg.017440e75e0612a7e4f476b4fdd02e9f.jpgTricky one this week. How we're odds on is both mind boggling and fantastic at the same time. Keep up the good work bookies. The general 3/1 on Morton looks tremendous value. Canny decide between 2-0 Morton or 3-1 so think I'll take both. 

Don't tell me you lost more money:

• Like 1