August Player of the Month...... Are they having a laugh??

TartanC4

I really think we should do away with this awards for being nonsense. While we're at it... jagzone pick a man of the match after 4-0, 3-0 defeat. I'm not saying there couldn't be a stand out performance in defeat. But surely the players should have a bit of professionalism about them and turn down or disagree with the award. 

The two victories are Falkirk and Stranraer.... On the Falkirk game, totally dominated first half, passed with purpose and intent. Penrice was sharp and performed well, deflection on his shot, but great commitment and drive. Stranraer... Well it what you should expect. 

15 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Think for the month of August , two victories or not , can’t think of any player that has been a standout deserving of Player of the Month , 

I don't think "stand out" is the criteria. I think you just need to be our best player.

Not seen the nominees but I'd imagine Fitzpatrick and Slater are in the running. 

4 minutes ago, potty trained said:

I don't think "stand out" is the criteria. I think you just need to be our best player.

Not seen the nominees but I'd imagine Fitzpatrick and Slater are in the running. 

Fitzpatrick wasn’t one of the nominees , Slater was , honestly couldn’t pick our best player just now , think it’s been pretty poor so far 

Who is “They”. I don’t think it is the club that is picking the nominations. I think that it is the sponsor.

Do we really have to criticise everything at the moment ?

In the Coulibaly thread our main sponsor was getting criticised too.

If they get upset enough, they might just decide to put their money elsewhere 

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Who is “They”. I don’t think it is the club that is picking the nominations. I think that it is the sponsor.

...and before anyone asks, the sponsor was also at the two away games. It's only a bit of fun but for those that take everything so seriously I'd say the sponsor has had more insight into making the selection than many who'll vote.